PDA

View Full Version : LFP Need one more to join a campaign on Session 46 and counting 5E

GodsProxy
September 9th, 2020, 01:39
Our group is currently looking for one more. We recently lost a player due to illness and another has to take a work related hiatus leaving us with three players. We have been playing together for over a year and are on session 46. Please read the details below. If the premise interests you please fill out the google form at the end.

FG License: Ultimate (I have most of the books)
DND 5e Homebrew setting
Long Term Campaign (estimated level 1 to 12ish (currently level 6), we can cut it shorter or make it longer)
Tuesdays 7:00pm-10:00pm EST
Time zone: Eastern
-------------------------
Frequency: Weekly
Voice using discord (Decent mic and push to talk required)
Roleplay and Combat: Varies by session. We have sessions of intense combat as well as sessions of full on RP and everything in between.
Players needed: One. We currently have three and our fourth is temporarily gone for a few weeks due to work. We did have a fifth who is now gone for medical reasons.
Starting level and equipment: The party is currently level 6, we will discus equipment, 27 points point buy for stats. Character creation can be done in advanced.
Character restrictions: PHB+1 (other character idea’s need to be approved)

-------------------------

ABOUT THE DM
This is my first Campaign I have run in roughly 10 years and so far it is going great. We have an amazing group of players who get a long great and we have not encountered a single issue at the table.

PREMISE

The world of Nareede has known relative peace for the past two decades. Through the combined efforts of the major nation’s peace has been brokered, borders have been opened and times for most are prosperous. The more chaotic nations have become reclusive, closing their borders and keeping to themselves to not draw attention to their nefarious ideologies.
That was until recently. Arcane storms and Divine tempests have become a regular occurrence where they were once rarely seen. People could go their whole life not experiencing one and now they can be expected every couple of months.
These storms bring the return of vile creatures, evil abominations, and extraplanar beings looking to capitalize on the chaos have made a return to the world. Many cities are unprepared.

[Classes/Races] All classes and races of the PHB. The world of Nareede is diverse should you wish to play a non standard race we can work on how it will fit in.

[The setting] This is a home brew world in the making. Players can contribute to the word and flesh it out. Did you just discover a long-lost temple that’s name has been lost to time? Give it a name and make it a permanent fixture. Want to come from a guild as part of your backstory? Name the guild if you like. The world is ours to sculpt collaboratively.

[RP] It is expected that players will maintain some semblance of maturity and work with the party within reason. Feel free to explore your character as we work in your background, have fun with it but work to create an inclusive scenario that we can all partake in.

ABOUT THE GAME AND APPLYING

Things to be cool with
-Homebrew that may not be perfectly balanced. I am always willing to work with the players to work out any discrepancies.
-A GM that prioritizes story and the rule of cool most of the time
-Few guideposts. I will create the setting to get the party working together but after those initial interactions the world is yours. The "Master plot" will have hooks out, but it is up to the party to bite. Follow the hooks for as long as you like, set your own goals and diverge as you see fit. Want to learn about a thing? Figure it out. Want to locate that lost unnamed temple? Figure it out. Any thing is possible. Want to help the BBEG in the master plot instead of working against him? Go ask if he wants to be friends.
-Intrigue, grit and gore. The world can be a dangerous and violent place that contains adult themes. The depth of these themes will be discussed during session 0.
-Being a team. It is much easier on all of us if the players take cooperative approaches instead of being at odds and constantly diverging or just doing their own thing. Losing time about how to handle a situation or what to do next is no fun. Follow the leader, put in to a vote, put your collective heads together and work threw the situation amicably.

46 sessions in a few sentences
* The Divine do not have direct access to the Material Plane. Each Deity elects an Avatar on the Material Plane to act as the conduit of their Energy and enact their will.

* Mind Flayers and the realm of the Elves are looking to enslave the material plane by closing the Conduit that tethers the plane to other planes which also allows the Deities to grant divine gifts and collect he souls of their followers.

* A group of Four Sorcerers known as the Quaternary, wish to use the Conduit to create the Being of Divine Confluence (Think God) cutting the Material Plane off from the others to rule over it.

* According to lore only Clerics can actually enter the conduit. Because of this the Illithid and the Elves are working to murder high ranking Clerics that may oppose them around the world.

* The party is currently loosely aligned with the Avatar of Nerull who needs the conduit reopened allowing the Divine to return in order to restore his Kingdom from stasis and finally live out his days. He currently uses an artifact that a previous member of the Quaternary stole to aid him in slowing the Elven/Illithid threat while seeking out Winter of the Quaternary to try and stop his plan of becoming the One God.

* The party is currently enjoying some down time after Months (in game) of being hunted by the Elves, trying to make a deal with a Hag, stealing a War ship (which they now use to sail the globe while red lining on funds trying to figure out how to pay for crew and maintenance costs), killing a Mind Flayer, escaping a Goblin Town being razed to the ground by the Avatar of Nerull who during the siege Kidnapped the parties Cleric for some time before returning him, unknowingly taking on an Underdark prince of Delheim as part of their crew, Fighting a 2500 year old executioner of Wee Jas, and accidentally waking the first incarnation of a Lich. They are currently in a Dwarven Stronghold participating in a very high stakes tournament where they are now concerned they are in over their head. Victory means a large sum of coin and magic items, losing means a loss of coin and magic items from the party may be forfeited as a prize.

Below is a drop box link. The link contains the world map and a few regional maps so you can get an idea of the world. The party is currently in the Broken Plains. This is not a complete map but the players map. The folder also contains a condensed history of the world. There is a PDF of the Major Regions that outline the basics of each region as well as a racial benefit for being from said region. There is also a document named Gold Gnome. This is a write up that goes into some details about the Avatar of Nerull, refereed to as the Gold Gnome, why he is the Avatar of Nerull, some world history and why he kidnapped the party's Cleric. There is a lot more to the world and what has happened but it is two much to write up. I'm happy to go over it all on Discord.
Dropbox Link (https://www.dropbox.com/sh/a4bulytlxgwijng/AABXQItxWSkcR25lKzo4wqZ-a?dl=0)

TO APPLY
Please fill in the google form below. All applications will be shared with the group.The table decides on the next player.

Form
(https://forms.gle/gsjhym5XMcyg4XUE9)

What next
We will be collecting applications until Saturday evening. After we have looked them over I will contact you on Discord if we feel you are a good fit for more elaborate explanation of the Campaign and to answer any questions you may have. I'll take my feedback back to the group to make a final decision. Our first session will most likely be a one shot to make sure we are all a good fit for each other and after that we will work out how to get you into the group.

Thank you for your time and consideration. I know this is a lot. WE have a great group looking to go another year to wrap up this campaign and then to start the next one based on the events of this one. We are looking to ensure a good long term fit. Should you have any questions feel free to PM me.

ChrisRMamm
September 14th, 2020, 22:53
Hello. Just checking in to see if you've chosen your new character yet. I'm hoping it was me! ;)