PDA

View Full Version : Effect to increase Raise damage RECEIVED?

tintagel
September 8th, 2020, 05:46
I was looking through an older sourcebook for Savage Worlds that had reinforced armors which had a property whereby they would have armor 2, but armor 1 if the attack scored a raise against you. In effect, you take 1 pt more damage from Raise attacks.

This effectively creates a mid-range of armor types that are better than Armor X but less than Armor X+1. It allows me to be more granular in my gritty viking campaign, having armors such as:

Gambeson: Armor 1
Leather: Armor 2, but Raise attacks against you gain +1 AP
Hard Leather: Armor 2
Brigandine: Armor 3, but Raise attacks against you gain +1 AP
Scale Mail +3
Chain Mail +4, but Raise attacks against you gain +1 AP

What I want to know is if there is any way to set an effect so that it either adjusts the Armor of the target (defender), adjust Armor Piercing of the attack on a Raise, or simply has Raise attacks against the wearer deal +1 damage? Keep in mind that I want this as an effect on the ARMOR wearer, so that all attacks against him scoring a raise effectively ignore the extra armor point.

If that's not possible, does anyone have suggestions of what I could do to differentiate the armors and still make the differentiation work in Fantasy Grounds via effects, etc.? I'm thinking I could give certain attack types +1 AP or something (is Raise an attack type?) - like Piercing or Blunt, etc. If that's the case, I would have to code each weapon with that keyword, right?

Mgrancey
September 8th, 2020, 17:14
You cant get it to do automatically without making an extension.
As far as the effects you are talking about would need to be split between defender and attacker.
You could theoretically do all on defender.

Important syntax would be @, >, Ignore, #, Armor, and AP