PDA

View Full Version : Is a HoT possible in FGU?

Benny
September 7th, 2020, 19:31
I've been creating a lot of homebrew style powers for my 5E group recently and I've been loving just how customizable FGU is.

You can create ongoing damage with DMGO:

Is there a way you could improvise a HEALO: or ongoing heal? aka HoT - Heal over Time.

Thanks in advance!

Zacchaeus
September 7th, 2020, 20:03
NO, there's no effect that does a heal over time; only damage.

mhossom
September 7th, 2020, 20:16
Would it be possible to apply negative damage over time? In essence, healing over time.

Kelrugem
September 7th, 2020, 20:29
I've been creating a lot of homebrew style powers for my 5E group recently and I've been loving just how customizable FGU is.

You can create ongoing damage with DMGO:

Is there a way you could improvise a HEALO: or ongoing heal? aka HoT - Heal over Time.

Thanks in advance!

How about REGEN: 5 for example? Without damage type to turn off any related automation such that it only heals? (but I do not know the 5e rules for that, so, I might be very wrong)

Zacchaeus
September 7th, 2020, 21:03
Kel is correct REGEN would work if you wanted a specific amount healed over time. I don't think that will take a dice value.

Kelrugem
September 7th, 2020, 21:28
Kel is correct REGEN would work if you wanted a specific amount healed over time. I don't think that will take a dice value.

Following the wiki, it seemingly allows dice, but I didn't test it, I am too lazy :D

Benny
September 8th, 2020, 11:46
Thanks everyone - I just tested and indeed REGEN: works like a charm, with a die value or a static one.

I already have a cleric in the party as a 'main' healer, so our moon druid can now take on the roll as 'off healer' with HoT/regen spells.