PDA

View Full Version : Conditions not expiring at proper time

Iceman
September 7th, 2020, 10:52
Reference 5E, FGU. I'm pretty sure this worked properly in FGC but it is not in FGU.
When a character receives an effect, such as stunned, that effect typically lasts from the time that he is stunned until the end of his next action. FGU is ending the effect at the end of the round. For example, if the first person to act in the first round becomes stunned by another creature later in that round, that person should remain stunned until his action ends in round two. FGU is terminating the effect at the end of round one, meaning that he is only stunned for other peoples actions and not his own.

I know there is an option to have the effect start on round two, but then he would not be stunned for anyone going after him in round one but stunned the entirety of round two. In FGC I am pretty sure it worked correctly and stunned the person until the end of his next round, regardless of his initiative order.

Zacchaeus
September 7th, 2020, 13:29
No, effects always end at the start of the turn - same as in Classic.

If you want the effect to finish at the end of the turn you'll need to alter the initiative to end on in the Combat Tracker. Change the initiative to be a decimal point lower than what is shown (so if the imitative to end on is 10 then change it to 9.9).

Iceman
September 8th, 2020, 10:25
That is not consistent with 5E rules which have the effects end when the players next action ends and has nothing to do with when the combat turn ends or the players position in the round. Will this be a fix to be consistent with 5E rules or just something we have to work around?
Thanks to the developers!

Zacchaeus
September 8th, 2020, 16:22
That is not consistent with 5E rules which have the effects end when the players next action ends and has nothing to do with when the combat turn ends or the players position in the round. Will this be a fix to be consistent with 5E rules or just something we have to work around?
Thanks to the developers!

You'll currently have to work around it. This has been the case since the ruleset came into existence. That's not to say that it may well be implemented at some point - it will need several new affect keywords in order to get this and other things; like auras and auto saves at the end of turns etc. In the meantime there are a couple of extensions on the DMsGuild which I believe might do this.