PDA

View Full Version : Start FGU in Fullscreen?

FXguy
September 6th, 2020, 14:04
I'm not sure why FGU has been starting in windowed mode for me for a bit now, but is there a way in the settings to have it start in Fullscreen by default? Not very important, but a nuisance for me to have to click that box every time. Also, the radial item for full/window has been gone for a while. Is that coming back?

ThingsCouldGetDicey
September 6th, 2020, 15:15
I'm not sure why FGU has been starting in windowed mode for me for a bit now, but is there a way in the settings to have it start in Fullscreen by default? Not very important, but a nuisance for me to have to click that box every time. Also, the radial item for full/window has been gone for a while. Is that coming back?

this bugs me a bit also. but you have to be clear its not full screen as in a game mode but just starting in full window right?

FXguy
September 6th, 2020, 15:23
Yes, I mean to say, a "maximized window."

LordEntrails
September 6th, 2020, 17:27
Depends on your O/S. In the Linux thread their are a few suggested command line arguments that can force it to start full screen or on different screens. No idea how to do it on a Mac. On Windows, for me it starts in full screen if I had it in full screen last time, but you can also go to the shortcut properties to "Run" "Maximized".

SmackDaddy
September 9th, 2020, 20:50
Depends on your O/S. In the Linux thread their are a few suggested command line arguments that can force it to start full screen or on different screens. No idea how to do it on a Mac. On Windows, for me it starts in full screen if I had it in full screen last time, but you can also go to the shortcut properties to "Run" "Maximized".

Unfortunately on 64-bit Windows, this doesn't happen for me on the initial screen -- it's just shy of maximized and even if I maximize before i open my campaign, when I close and relaunch FGU, it's still not maximized - just shy of.

Kelrugem
September 9th, 2020, 20:54
Unfortunately on 64-bit Windows, this doesn't happen for me on the initial screen -- it's just shy of maximized and even if I maximize before i open my campaign, when I close and relaunch FGU, it's still not maximized - just shy of.

Yeah, for me the same happens :)

Sulimo
September 9th, 2020, 21:18
Right-click the FGU shortcut, and go to the Shortcut tab, set the Run option to Maximized. This worked for me just now.

https://i.imgur.com/3XEezwG.png

Kelrugem
September 9th, 2020, 21:34
Right-click the FGU shortcut, and go to the Shortcut tab, set the Run option to Maximized. This worked for me just now.

Ah, that helped, thanks :) Although the launcher looks for me very distorted now for some seconds after starting, but these few additional seconds are not so bad maybe :D (though in that time I normally would have had clicked the maximize button then :D)

SmackDaddy
September 10th, 2020, 14:50

That worked for me....thank you for that. Completely forgot all about that option....although users *shouldn't* have to do that if it the app was holding the setting as it should, but a work around is better than nothing! Thanks again Sulimo!

Rylan Storm
September 10th, 2020, 17:53
Borderless window appears to have gone though?

LordEntrails
September 10th, 2020, 17:59
Yes, it's an issue with the Unity Engine and cross-platform builds. Not sure if it is unique to the version being used or some of the libraries in use. But it's soemthing the devs are aware of and are keeping their eye on.

Sulimo
September 10th, 2020, 18:00

I believe that could be an issue with the Unity engine itself. I recall one of the devs mentioning something to the effect of full screen Unity blocks access to the file system, so it was decided to not use that. I am going from memory though, and I could be way off.

Kelrugem
September 10th, 2020, 18:01
Yes, it's an issue with the Unity Engine and cross-platform builds. Not sure if it is unique to the version being used or some of the libraries in use. But it's soemthing the devs are aware of and are keeping their eye on.

yeah that, and there was a full-screen in the very early alpha, but full-screen in unity meant really full screen, so, even the bottom bar of Windows was covered which many people didn't like :)

bmos
September 10th, 2020, 19:49
Depends on your O/S. In the Linux thread their are a few suggested command line arguments that can force it to start full screen or on different screens. No idea how to do it on a Mac. On Windows, for me it starts in full screen if I had it in full screen last time, but you can also go to the shortcut properties to "Run" "Maximized".An excellent workaround! This has been bugging me for ages!
It returns to the previous window size (screen resolution other than the taskbar) but is not maximized so it's slightly down and to the right of center.
Windows 10 64-bit build 2004

seanny
October 22nd, 2020, 11:44
Is this full screen option still on the agenda to be added ?I have tried the alter shortcut properties and i encountered a screen jittering bug before main start menu opens ,as noted already by another user.However I still have a title screen at top of screen,I have windows task bar hidden anyway. In comparison my FGC does run full screen.Am i doing something wrong in FGU ,or is this the way it works at the moment,I have only just bought Unity and I am sure I will have other questions down the track.

Jiminimonka
October 22nd, 2020, 12:02
Its an application that runs in a window. Does not having it "full screen" without the window controls available interfere with something?

If it is Full Screen, the only way to exit is via the radial menu Exit option, maybe adding an exit button on the launcher page would be a good idea at some point.

LordEntrails
October 22nd, 2020, 15:36
ITs the way it works at the moment. The devs have said something to the effect; the Unity libraries being used have issues with full screen mode across multiple platforms and therefore do not work. It is something they will look into later, but its not a priority right now.

seanny
October 23rd, 2020, 00:36
Thanks for answer, I asked on discord as well and got an instant answer from Zacchaeus. He also gave me some advice on LOS problems I was having-did not understand how it worked .Good support and thanks for both discord and forum answers. I hope Full Screen Issue is resolved though.

ODC
March 27th, 2021, 10:32
"maximized" workaround help - but after "check for update" the normal screen comes back on.. its a "small" window again. Argh!... small issue. but still. check status when leaving for update check-- and reset these settings when coming back.. please.

Weissrolf
March 28th, 2021, 15:46
Just create a new shortcut to FGU and set the "maximized" option in there. This shortcut and its settings will not be overwritten by FGU's updater then. FGU's window will only be "normal" when you exit the updater, but every time you run FGU from said shortcut it will be maximized.

FGU offering a "Maximize" button, but no option to automatically set itself to maximized is a strange thing indeed.