PDA

View Full Version : Friends Can't Connect - "Could Not Complete Login. Check Your Network Settings"

shlocna
September 6th, 2020, 02:22
So, after using this program as a player and wanted to setup a campaign of my own.
I currently have a sub to ultimate, which my side shows as active and have a basic/test campaign started.
Went through the guide here <https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/faq.php?faq=networking> and most everything seems good.
canyouseeme.org is able to see 1802, both with the campaign started and without it started.
I have 2 routers (cable companies gateway and personal router), both have port forwarding setup.
I even have a port listener setup and can see my friends trying to connect through port 1802, but each time they attempt (both with alias or external IP) they all get the attached error.

Don't know if this is anything worth mentioning, but when I run a connection test prior to launch, it seems to be forever stuck within the "In Progress" status.

Any help would be much appreciated.

LordEntrails
September 6th, 2020, 02:31
FGC or FGU?

If FGC, please post the answers to the 8 questions here if the post doesn't resolve your issues.
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?47051-Fantasy-Grounds-Connections-Explained

shlocna
September 6th, 2020, 03:17
1. Your LAN IP Address - 192.168.0.156 (statically assigned)
2. The first two sets (octects) of your WAN IP as displayed by Fantasy Grounds and as displayed by your Router - 108.201
3. Whether you are using Wired or Wireless (and not both)- Wireless
4. Confirmation that you have set your Adapter in Network and Sharing Centre to Private - Yes
5. Confirmation of what AV you are running and whether you have set any exceptions - Windows Defender, currently have inbound and outbound rules to allow 1802 traffic, fantasy grounds is set to run in private networks
6. Post the results of the tracert 8.8.8.8 command (if you have security concerns you can remove this bit once its been responded to) - (see attached screenshot)
7. Confirmation as to what you have setup in your Router if changes have been made - Right now, only port forwarding (ISP gateway to personal router, personal router to my computer with static IP address)
8. Confirmation you do or do not have any Virtualisation NICs - No virtualization of any kind.

If it helps, as mentioned, I can do have a port listener setup and can actively see my friends getting to the port.
I have also attempted telnet commands using home (127.0.0.1), internal IP, and external IP and all succeed when directed to port 1802

*Edited* Forgot to include that its FGC

Kelrugem
September 6th, 2020, 23:59
1. Your LAN IP Address - 192.168.0.156 (statically assigned)
2. The first two sets (octects) of your WAN IP as displayed by Fantasy Grounds and as displayed by your Router - 108.201
3. Whether you are using Wired or Wireless (and not both)- Wireless
4. Confirmation that you have set your Adapter in Network and Sharing Centre to Private - Yes
5. Confirmation of what AV you are running and whether you have set any exceptions - Windows Defender, currently have inbound and outbound rules to allow 1802 traffic, fantasy grounds is set to run in private networks
6. Post the results of the tracert 8.8.8.8 command (if you have security concerns you can remove this bit once its been responded to) - (see attached screenshot)
7. Confirmation as to what you have setup in your Router if changes have been made - Right now, only port forwarding (ISP gateway to personal router, personal router to my computer with static IP address)
8. Confirmation you do or do not have any Virtualisation NICs - No virtualization of any kind.

If it helps, as mentioned, I can do have a port listener setup and can actively see my friends getting to the port.
I have also attempted telnet commands using home (127.0.0.1), internal IP, and external IP and all succeed when directed to port 1802

*Edited* Forgot to include that its FGC

I am not really an expert for the network stuff, but just to treat away often occuring problems: Do you see in the upper right corner of your launcher something like ULTIMATE? If yes, then we know that it worked correctly to insert your ultimate license key of your sub :)

Zacchaeus
September 7th, 2020, 09:42
You have two routers so your route is going through both. You'll need to chain the port forwarding from internet > Router 1 > Router 2 > Computer. So you'll need to port forward the first router to whatever the second router's IP address is and then forward the second to your computer's local IP address.

shlocna
September 7th, 2020, 15:51
My apologies, I thought I had this all in my first post.
I am using classic and it does show the ultimate text in the top right of the window.
Port forwarding is setup on both boxes (Cable Company gateway -> Router, Router -> computer hosting).
I can confirm that the port forwarding portion is working, as I can ping the ip addresses (internal IP and external IP) along with the port and can get a response.
There are even connection attempts (found via a port listener) when friends (both internal and external of my network) attempt to connect to the game, so there is something coming through to my computer.
*Edited - If there are any additional screenshots I can provide, I will be happy to do so.