PDA

View Full Version : FGU - Player can connect, but cannot interact with game/graphics are corrupted

Jeramiahh
September 6th, 2020, 00:53
Hello there!

I'm running into an issue with one of my players, and we've tried all the troubleshooting we can do on our end, to no avail.

This player has played in games with myself as GM for the last several months - we started a new campaign recently, and the player was able to connect for the first two sessions without issue. This last week, on Sunday, when the player went to connect, a majority of the graphics failed to load, and were non-interactive, and a number of error messages popped up. He attempted at A) Reboot the game, B) Reboot his PC, C) Reinstall FGU, D) Connect to a different campaign created by me, and E) Wait for a patch-fix over the last week, just in case.

None of these have worked, and all result in the same errors. Below is a picture he took of his screen, after the first incident; further incidents have resulted in roughly the same errors.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/690000779809259791/749718017432354906/image0.jpg

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

LordEntrails
September 6th, 2020, 01:27
MOD: moved to FGU forum.

Have the player clear his cache. From the launch screen, click the folder icon, then delete the contents of the cache folder (or at least the cache folder for your campaign).

Jeramiahh
September 6th, 2020, 02:40
The player has deleted his cache, entirely - and the issue persists.

LordEntrails
September 6th, 2020, 03:07
Have the player grab his log files and post them here. Might be something in them that can help us identify the issue.

Moon Wizard
September 6th, 2020, 03:43
Can we also get a screen shot of what your player means by a corrupted screen, in addition to the logs? (You can use Windows key + Shift + S on Windows to grab a screen snapshot.)

Regards,
JPG

Jeramiahh
September 6th, 2020, 03:51
Can we also get a screen shot of what your player means by a corrupted screen, in addition to the logs? (You can use Windows key + Shift + S on Windows to grab a screen snapshot.)

Regards,
JPG

The link I attached in the opening post contains a picture of the player's screen; the entire thing is washed out in blue, with text visible, but non-interactive.

Jeramiahh
September 6th, 2020, 04:26
Please see attached for the log files. Link to the screenshot of the program,with the missing graphics. (https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/743633733042700330/752006493158768730/unknown.png)

Moon Wizard
September 8th, 2020, 07:34
It looks like one of the required libraries is missing from the player's machine for some reason. I'll ask Steven if he can check on the installer, and see if it's attempting to install. This could also happen if the player uninstalled the VC++ redistributable files separately.

Your player can download the needed libraries here, which I believe should address the issue:
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2977003/the-latest-supported-visual-c-downloads
(Make sure to download the vc_redist.x64.exe version.)

Regards,
JPG

Jeramiahh
September 8th, 2020, 18:10
Thank you so much! We just confirmed that this fixed the issue!