PDA

View Full Version : Custom Class question about multiple choice options!

Nephylos
September 5th, 2020, 23:06
I am looking into creating a custom class that combines 2 or more classes in D&D 5e. Basically, I want a generic "magic-user" class that can choose to learn any spell from any of the traditional classes and choose from among any of the features gained at various levels provided they have acquired the needed prerequisites.
For example: At level 1, Bob the magic-user has to choose which class features he wants to start out with. He can choose from either Sorcerer, Wizard, or Cleric. If he chooses Sorcerer, then he gets the "Wild Magic" Specialization and all the Features that come with it (Some that he cannot use because he isn't high enough level yet).
At level 2, Bob decides he wants a Cleric's Channel Divinity feature instead of the Sorcerer's Font of Magic.

Is there a way I can set this up in FG, and if so, how do I do it? I thought I figured out a way but I foresee some problems with it.

If not, is there a way to set up a prompt for the player to choose a class feature and add it manually? Thanks!

Zacchaeus
September 5th, 2020, 23:47
Not really possible.

The only choices that FG will throw up a pop up for are skill choices and an archetype choice. I think you might be able to pop up skills via a trait but you can only have one archetype choice.

Nephylos
September 5th, 2020, 23:54
I was afraid of that. =/
Thanks!