PDA

View Full Version : 5e Legendary Assistant extension.

Stv
September 5th, 2020, 14:04
**EDIT**
Now available onn The Forge
https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/590/view

Do you have DM's like mine, that sometimes forget about Lair actions, Legendary Actions and Legendary Resistances?
IF so they may find this extension useful :)

How it works.

At the top right of the screen in the sidebar is a new button with a unicorn graphic.
This button opens the 'Legendary Creatures' window.
This window will show any actors in the Combat Tracker that have legendary actions or resistances.
If the actor is eligible to use a legendary action or resistance and is not their turn, then they will be highlighted in blue.

In the Combat Tracker there are also Unicorn buttons.
Pressing these will open the new Legendary Actions sub window in the actors sheet in the Combat Tracker.
In this window there are 2 editable fields to allow a numeric entry of how many legendary actions and legendary resistances the actor has. This has been hard-capped at 6 for each entry.
When the actor has legendary actions/resistances then tick boxes are made available to keep track of how many actions and reactions have been used.
The number of used legendary actions will automatically reset at the start of the creatures next turn.

The number fields and tick boxes are duplicated in the new 'Legendary Creatures' window. Having this window open will allow the DM to always see which creatures have legendary actions/resistances available even if they are not currently displayed in the Combat Tracker window.
Clicking on the creatures icon in the Legendary Creatures window will move that creature into view in the Combat Tracker without changing the currently active creature.

If a creature is added to the Combat Tracker and it has 'Lair' in it's name i.e. 'Dragons Lair' or 'The Lair of Claire the Clairvoyant' then it will automatically be assigned an Initiative value of 20.
If 'Roll initiative each round' is selected in the options, it will keep an Initiative of 20 each round.

Also in the options window is a new setting of 'Legendary Assistant Highlighting'. This will enable/disable the blue outline of a creature in the Combat Tracker if it has Legendary actions/reactions available.

At the bottom of the Combat Tracker there is a new text box and button for searching in the Combat Tracker window. When there is text inside of the text box and either the button is pressed or the Enter key is pressed then if the search string matches part of a creatures name in the Combat Tracker, that creature is displayed in the Combat Tracker window. Further presses of the button or the Enter key act as a 'find next' function.

If the 'Active Actor' button at the bottom left of the Combat Tracker is pressed, the current active creature is scrolled to and displayed in the Combat Tracker.

This extension has been tested with the base Fantasy Grounds Classic Theme, and also with the Official D&D Theme. I cant guarantee that the graphical portion of the extension will play nicely with any extensions not based on the above two.

I hope some of you find it useful, and as ever if you have any suggestion or find any issues then please let me know in this thread.

Cheers, Steve.

*Edit*
Updated version with a higher loadorder

*Edit*
Updated version, swapping the search bar from left hand side to the right

*Edit*
Updated version, providing compatibility with Situational Awareness Extension

Zacchaeus
September 5th, 2020, 16:36
Very nice.

ScriedRaven
September 5th, 2020, 17:52
You should make the load order higher (Somewhere around 80), because where it is now it won't work with Critically Awesome Essentials.

Otherwise great extension. I constantly forget to use legendary traits, and this will help a bunch

Stv
September 5th, 2020, 17:59
If the only thing causing an issue is the loadorder then I'm a happy bunny.
I don't have the Critically Awesome Essentials, so can't test to see if it works or not.
I've tried to make the extension as least invasive as possible, but when dealing with the Combat Tracker it's difficult.
I'll post an updated version to post #1 with a higher loadorder as you've suggested, and see how it goes.

Cheers, Steve.

MSW
September 13th, 2020, 14:14

Hi, I found a small issue with the combat timer extension.
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?30856-Combat-Timer-Extension-(v-0-0-1)

Is it difficult to move one of them a little bit to the side?
Thank you
I also wrote to the autor of the other extension.

Stv
September 13th, 2020, 14:31
I may get time to look into this sometime this week. If I do I'll post up a new version in post #1.

Cheers, Steve.

MSW
September 13th, 2020, 14:42
Thank you Sir.

Three of Swords
September 15th, 2020, 00:12
This looks amazing. I forget legendary actions all the frickin' time!

I'll have to try it. But I have a feeling it won't play well w/ the 5e Combat Enchancer.

Klandare
September 15th, 2020, 01:40
You should make the load order higher (Somewhere around 80), because where it is now it won't work with Critically Awesome Essentials.

Otherwise great extension. I constantly forget to use legendary traits, and this will help a bunch

If I just wanted to update this myself for the extension on my machine what would I update to do that?

ScriedRaven
September 15th, 2020, 02:26
But I have a feeling it won't play well w/ the 5e Combat Enchancer.

The markers for legendary actions don't reset between rounds, but that's all I noticed with a quick look.

If I just wanted to update this myself for the extension on my machine what would I update to do that?

STV took care of that in the main file, but for a general note: extract file as a zip file (either rename it or use 7zip). In the Extension file, there is a line that says loadorder, change the number (this time was 80). Rezip the file to a .zip file, and rename it to .ext.

Stv
September 15th, 2020, 19:01
The markers for legendary actions don't reset between rounds, but that's all I noticed with a quick look.

They *should* reset when it's the legendary creatures turn, I'll have a look into that.

Cheers, Steve

MSW
September 15th, 2020, 19:11
They reset, if the legendary creature is on turn. „Next actor“ button
With the „next round“ button it does not reset.

Stv
September 15th, 2020, 19:29
They reset, if the legendary creature is on turn. „Next actor“ button
With the „next round“ button it does not reset.

Thanks for the heads up, it should hopefully make it easier to fix :P

Cheers, Stv

Stv
September 15th, 2020, 20:19
I can't get the legendary actions to NOT reset at the start of the creatures turn.
Can someone seeing that happen give me a step-by-step guide on how to create that fault condition?
I will also need to know what settings you have enabled for the combat enhancer.

Cheers, Stv.

Stv
September 16th, 2020, 20:37
As far as I can tell, it looks there there *may* be an issue with actor initiative rolls and/or hidden/not hidden actors in the combat tracker when the 5e enhancer is used, even without my extension active. But this issue (if I'm correct) will cause an actor to be skipped incorrectly, and if that actor is the legendary creature then it's actions will not get reset.

I can't quite lock it down fully at the moment (lack of time :/ ) . But I'll have another look at it when I can and let the autor of the enhancer know if I'm correct.

MSW I'm also hoping I can get the search bar moved for you soon :)

Cheers, Steve.

MSW
November 24th, 2020, 10:01
Hi Steve

Is there any progress in moving the search bar? Or if it easier an option for turning off the search bar.
Thanks so much.

Stv
November 24th, 2020, 12:44
Hi Steve

Is there any progress in moving the search bar? Or if it easier an option for turning off the search bar.
Thanks so much.

Oh ffs, That one slipped my mind, sorry.
I'll try and get a look tonight after work.
If not, then at the weekend.

Cheers, Steve.

MSW
November 24th, 2020, 12:59
Hi. Thank you but no stress.

Stv
November 29th, 2020, 11:13
New version uploaded to post #1.
Search text entry and button now swapped to the right hand side of the combat tracker as promised to MSW ages ago :)

Cheers, Steve.

MSW
November 29th, 2020, 15:11
You are a King. Thank you

mattekure
December 12th, 2020, 19:39
This extension is not currently compatible with Celestians new Situational Awareness extension, https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?64386-5E-Extension-Situational-Awareness-(pre-load-encounter-tokens-on-maps)

When they are both loaded, the Situational Awareness buttons no longer work.

Klandare
December 12th, 2020, 19:50
This extension is not currently compatible with Celestians new Situational Awareness extension, https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?64386-5E-Extension-Situational-Awareness-(pre-load-encounter-tokens-on-maps)

When they are both loaded, the Situational Awareness buttons no longer work.

I have not tested this yet, but it could need to have the load order of the extensions changed for them both to work.

mattekure
December 12th, 2020, 19:58
[QUOTE=Klandare;564333]I have not tested this yet, but it could need to have the load order of the extensions changed for them both to work.[/QUOTE

Swapping the load order just switches which extension breaks. I believe its because both extensions are redefining the CT templates to point to different lua files. So whichever is loaded last will work, while the other wont.

Stv
December 13th, 2020, 10:30
Without looking too deep into it, I'm pretty sure @mattekure is correct.
Both this extension and Celestians Sitauational Awareness extension modify the same CT template.
Unfortunately this is going to be a 'make your choice' situation between the 2 extensions :(

Cheers, Stv.

Stv
December 13th, 2020, 23:31
So I think I've found the cause of the problem between this extension and Celestians Situational Awareness extension.

I'm attaching a revised version of my Legendary Assistant extension to this post, I'd be grateful if a couple of you could try it out for me and let me know if everything is working with this and Situational Awareness loaded.

If so, I'll update post #1 with the new version, and hopefully everyone's happy :)

Cheers, Steve.

*Edit*
Fixed the fixed version and added it here :)

MrDDT
December 13th, 2020, 23:52
So I think I've found the cause of the problem between this extension and Celestians Situational Awareness extension.

I'm attaching a revised version of my Legendary Assistant extension to this post, I'd be grateful if a couple of you could try it out for me and let me know if everything is working with this and Situational Awareness loaded.

If so, I'll update post #1 with the new version, and hopefully everyone's happy :)

Cheers, Steve.

Not working for me.
I do like the box that pops open (like a second CT) for Legendary actions.

mattekure
December 13th, 2020, 23:58

Cheers, Steve.

This update is not working for me. With both extensions enabled, any creatures I add to the CT are automatically hidden on the CT, so I cant even place them on the map.

IF I have the encounter entry pre-placed, and then add the encounter to the CT, the CT still appears blank, but the tokens do appear on the map. Then using the buttons I can mark them active and they will show in the CT. Its the starting filtered that makes it appear nothing is happening.

MrDDT
December 14th, 2020, 00:02
I'm getting diff stuff, and I only have those 2 ext's going.

I can add them to the CT, but they are hidden (like you said) but they are also set to a neutral faction. They also will not goto their turn.
The buttons for SA doesn't pop onto the map unless I set the map to the background.

Anything with the SA doesn't work.
Your LA stuff is working other than the LA monsters never get a normal turn.

Found out why the LA monsters didnt get a normal turn as Mattekure was saying is they are still like "hidden" so it was skipping hidden actors.

Stv
December 14th, 2020, 00:16
Not good :(
I'll hopefuly get a chance to look at it again tomorrow, but I can't promise anything.
Thank you all for looking and trying it out, hopefully I'll get it sorted.

Cheers, Steve.

Stv
December 14th, 2020, 10:15
I've amended the supposed fixed version of my extension with another fix :P
This in in post #25 again, for a few of you to test again before I update the version in post #1.

Hopefully this addresses the issues.

Cheers, Steve.

mattekure
December 14th, 2020, 13:11
I've amended the supposed fixed version of my extension with another fix :P
This in in post #25 again, for a few of you to test again before I update the version in post #1.

Hopefully this addresses the issues.

Cheers, Steve.

Its much closer. I am still experiencing a slight bug.

Observed behavior: When an npc is first added to the CT and then to a map, the SA hide button does not appear to work when clicked (the tokens remain visible in the CT). However, if you then immediately show the tokens and hide them again, it does work. It appears that the first time pressing the hide button on a new NPC does set some value, but doesnt refresh the CT filter.

Steps to reproduce:
1. add npc to CT
2. drag to map
3. use selection tool to select NPC
4. click the SA deactivate tokens button (red X)
token still appears in the CT.
5. click the activate token button (green check), then the deactivate button again.
token now appears/disappears as expected.

All in all, its a very easy bug to work around, but if you can figure out how to make sure the filter is reapplied after the first click, it would be nice.

Stv
December 14th, 2020, 15:36
Its much closer. I am still experiencing a slight bug.

Observed behavior: When an npc is first added to the CT and then to a map, the SA hide button does not appear to work when clicked (the tokens remain visible in the CT). However, if you then immediately show the tokens and hide them again, it does work. It appears that the first time pressing the hide button on a new NPC does set some value, but doesnt refresh the CT filter.

Steps to reproduce:
1. add npc to CT
2. drag to map
3. use selection tool to select NPC
4. click the SA deactivate tokens button (red X)
token still appears in the CT.
5. click the activate token button (green check), then the deactivate button again.
token now appears/disappears as expected.

All in all, its a very easy bug to work around, but if you can figure out how to make sure the filter is reapplied after the first click, it would be nice.

Hi Mattekure,
Thanks for testing for me :)
I'm not seeing the behaviour you are describing though, if I follow your steps everything works exactly as intended i.e. the 1st click of the red x button removes the actor from the CT.
Are you sure you have the latest version of the SA extension? I think one was posted yesterday.
Also, just to be sure, I'm testing in FGC, not FGU incase this makes a difference.

Cheers, Steve

mattekure
December 14th, 2020, 15:46
Hi Mattekure,
Thanks for testing for me :)
I'm not seeing the behaviour you are describing though, if I follow your steps everything works exactly as intended i.e. the 1st click of the red x button removes the actor from the CT.
Are you sure you have the latest version of the SA extension? I think one was posted yesterday.
Also, just to be sure, I'm testing in FGC, not FGU incase this makes a difference.

Cheers, Steve

Hmm, I am testing only in FGU, so that may be a difference. I am using the most recent versions of both extensions, downloaded this morning for testing. I created a brand new campaign in FGU to test and I am still seeing this.

mattekure
December 14th, 2020, 15:48
I just tested in FGC and the behavior does not occur. It is only in FGU.

Stv
December 14th, 2020, 15:55
I just tried with only SA loaded in FGU and saw the same thing happen.
CAn you try that also? And if it still happens it may be an idea to give Celestian a heads up about it.

Cheers, Steve.

mattekure
December 14th, 2020, 17:06
I just tried with only SA loaded in FGU and saw the same thing happen.
CAn you try that also? And if it still happens it may be an idea to give Celestian a heads up about it.

Cheers, Steve.

I will test and post there if I see it. thanks

Stv
December 15th, 2020, 17:28
Posted the updated version to post #1, which should be compatible iwth Celestians Situational Awareness extension.

Thanks to Celestian for allowing me to copy his code.

Cheers, Steve.

Nighthag
January 15th, 2021, 13:14
Do you have DM's like mine, that sometimes forget about Lair actions, Legendary Actions and Legendary Resistances?
IF so they may find this extension useful :)

Such a cheek. I never forget about lair or legendary actions honest. No more magical items for you!

However, it has been a nice addition so thank you :)

Tyrannosaurus VeX
February 19th, 2021, 23:52
Stv, some fellow DM's and I were just talking about needed an extension that does what yours does, but we did have some ideas that might make a nice addition to your extension if I may suggest:

- Randomly PM/Whisper to the DM "Hey, X Creature has legendary actions still available, isn't now a good time to use one?". It could send these whispers when a PC ends a turn.
- You could add Lair Actions to this too and remind the DM with a whisper at Initiative Count 20.

Stv
February 20th, 2021, 15:32
Stv, some fellow DM's and I were just talking about needed an extension that does what yours does, but we did have some ideas that might make a nice addition to your extension if I may suggest:

- Randomly PM/Whisper to the DM "Hey, X Creature has legendary actions still available, isn't now a good time to use one?". It could send these whispers when a PC ends a turn.
- You could add Lair Actions to this too and remind the DM with a whisper at Initiative Count 20.

Hi Tyr, (Your names too long to type :P )
I Hope you find the extension useful. Not a bad idea about the whisper notification. I'll see about adding something like that in the future.
It won't be for a while yet though unfortunately.

Cheers, Steve.

Drogo210
May 25th, 2021, 18:02

Quote, very nice ext I tend to forget these extra actions especially resistance!

I also would suggest some Whisper things as DMs already have several open windows :)

Stv
May 25th, 2021, 20:00
The random whispers are still on my radar, just have a couple of other projects on the go at the moment.

Glad you;re finding this one useful :)

Cheers, Steve.

Drogo210
June 26th, 2021, 12:28
If you use it with Critical Awesome Essential and/or Combat Group. The icon of Legendary Assistant overlaps with the others shifting INT, WND etc.

Stv
June 26th, 2021, 15:51
I don't have either of those extension to test with, as they are behind a paywall.
It looks like both my extension and the Combat Groups extenson both add a new icon in the same place.
I'm not sure what CAE does that changes the icons.

If the extensions are both altering the same thing, then I think it may not be possible to work around this issue.

It may be worth approaching the authors of the other extensions to see if there is anything they can do to help.

Sorry I can't be of more help right now.
Cheers, Steve

Drogo210
June 26th, 2021, 17:02
It's something you have to modify in your ext. If you want I can ask for you how to do it as Diablobob did it for CAE, as it had the issue.

Stv
June 26th, 2021, 17:43
Drogo, I can't fix an issue I can't see.
I don't have access to the 2 extensions you mention to see how they are interacting with each other.

I'll have a look at my code when I get time, but can't guarantee anything.

Cheers, Steve.

Drogo210
June 26th, 2021, 17:52
Drogo, I can't fix an issue I can't see.
I don't have access to the 2 extensions you mention to see how they are interacting with each other.

I'll have a look at my code when I get time, but can't guarantee anything.

Cheers, Steve.

I didn't demand a fix, I was just reporting an issue :). If you cannot fix it you cannot :). Thanks for extention anyway!

Stv
June 26th, 2021, 17:56
I know you're not demanding :)
And I appreciate the heads up about compatibilty issues.
As I said, I will take a look when I've got time, but no promises on a fix.

Cheers, Steve.

Stv
June 27th, 2021, 09:10
@Drogo210,
If you could send me a few screenshots of what you're seeing, one with CAE & LA in use and also one with CG @ LA in use then it will give me somewhere to start looking.

Cheers, Steve.

Drogo210
June 27th, 2021, 09:56
@Drogo210,
If you could send me a few screenshots of what you're seeing, one with CAE & LA in use and also one with CG @ LA in use then it will give me somewhere to start looking.

Cheers, Steve.
Hi,

Now that I break down all the exts. I see the main issue is with Combat Groups from Silent's Ruin. Attached the Screenshoot for all anyway.

Stv
June 27th, 2021, 16:31
Thanks for the screenies, at least I can see what it's doing :)

Cheers, Steve.

wmljohn
July 13th, 2021, 21:38
STV,

With this extension active the "rest individual" and "roll individual initiative" options are not available on the radial dial from the CT.

Valdemar
July 13th, 2021, 22:05
STV,

With this extension active the "rest individual" and "roll individual initiative" options are not available on the radial dial from the CT.

Ditto to what wmljohn said - could you modify this to play better with Critical Awesome Essentials (and DM Tools) from Diablobob?

Stv
July 13th, 2021, 22:20
I don't own either of those extensions, so that's a bit difficult for me to do as I can;t see their code. (Don't know if it's possible if those extensions and mine all edit the same base code).
You could also reach out to the developers of those extensions and ask them the same question.

Cheers, Steve.

Valdemar
July 14th, 2021, 15:18
The developer of CAE and DMTools (Diablobob) mentioned he is willing to work together to make both extensions work. He also mentioned he gives developers that work with him a free copy of his extensions so that they can be deconflicted.

you can contact him on Discord at Diablobob#8446

Diablobob
July 14th, 2021, 17:04
I don't own either of those extensions, so that's a bit difficult for me to do as I can;t see their code. (Don't know if it's possible if those extensions and mine all edit the same base code).
You could also reach out to the developers of those extensions and ask them the same question.

Cheers, Steve.

Additionally you can just DM me on the forums what your DMs Guild email is and I’ll get you a free copy so we can properly work compatibly… if that would help?

Valdemar
July 14th, 2021, 17:53
Thanks Bob - I really appreciate all the work you do to add functionality to FGU.

Stv
July 14th, 2021, 19:24
Turns out she just bought it last week ^^.
I'll look into getting it to work in the near(ish) future, work and other projects are taking up alot of time atm, but soon™ I hope

@Diablobob thanks for the offer, I appreciate it. Nice extensoin btw :)

If I can figure out a fix I'll let you know.

Cheers, Steve

Stv
July 14th, 2021, 19:51
I'm also going to get shot if I don't work on an extension requested by my DM first, but hopefully that'll work out to be simple(ish), time will tell.
I *will* get round to looking into the problem at some point thought.

Cheers, Steve.

nephranka
August 11th, 2021, 01:59
I found a conflict with the advanced effects ext. When both are loaded you don't get the blue highlight nor the load in the legendary window. No errors are thrown. Silent fail.

I will post in that thread as well.

Stv
August 11th, 2021, 07:29
I appreciate the feedback regarding the errors and conflicts guys.
I'm super busy with lots of RL stuff atm so I can honestly say I'm not going to have time to look into these issues for at least a month.
Hope this doesn't cause you too much hassle.

Cheers, Steve.

nephranka
August 11th, 2021, 10:42
I appreciate the feedback regarding the errors and conflicts guys.
I'm super busy with lots of RL stuff atm so I can honestly say I'm not going to have time to look into these issues for at least a month.
Hope this doesn't cause you too much hassle.

Cheers, Steve.

No worries. Just passing along information. I really like this ext and it is a bummer that it is sidelined for me until it can work with advanced effects.

nephranka
August 11th, 2021, 14:49
Took a gamble and assumed load order might be the problem because both play in the CT. So, I changed Legendary asst from 80 to 110 (Advanced is 99) and it seems to have resolved the conflict. I thought I would post in case others had an issue.

Stv
August 11th, 2021, 20:17
If that's fixed it for you, nicely done.
Although I'm inclined to think that something else will be not working in one of the extensions, let me know how you get on please Nephranka.

Cheers, Steve.

nephranka
August 11th, 2021, 22:23
If that's fixed it for you, nicely done.
Although I'm inclined to think that something else will be not working in one of the extensions, let me know how you get on please Nephranka.

Cheers, Steve.

Well, you were correct. The load order change made it so NPCs with advanced effects would not load the effects in the CT when they were added. So, in fixing that problem I created a different one. I should have figured it was too easy.

nephranka
August 12th, 2021, 10:59
I have been posting in advanced effects as well and I did get this solution that seems to work. It does not resolve the conflict but at least makes it so you can work around it.

Originally Posted by Valdemar
There is also an easy work around for those that don't want or don't know how to modify the extension.

It seems to be an issue with not extracting the coding for the legendary actions and resistance and applying them in the Assistant fields. If you open the NPC (select in the combat tracker) you can just enter the number of Legendary Actions and Legendary Resistance they have and it should fix it. BTW - the blue line around the NPC does not show up when they are the active character on the combat tracker.

cwsoots
February 4th, 2022, 20:06
Hi Stv!

Thanks for this extension! It's been helpful in ensuring that my legendary creatures get a fair chance in combat. Is there any chance that you would consider loading this to the FG Forge so I can avoid having to check this thread regularly for updates? Also, I'd be happy to have a way to pay you for this. Thanks for your consideration!

Stv
February 4th, 2022, 20:16
Hi cwsoots, glad you're finding this extension useful. This one is due for repair as it currently doesn't play nicely with some other extensions. As soon as I get it fixed up I'll be posting it to the Forge. I don't currently have a timescale at the moment, I'm fitting in repairs and upgrades to my extensions as and when I have the time and inclination :)

Cheers, Steve.

Hi Stv!

Thanks for this extension! It's been helpful in ensuring that my legendary creatures get a fair chance in combat. Is there any chance that you would consider loading this to the FG Forge so I can avoid having to check this thread regularly for updates? Also, I'd be happy to have a way to pay you for this. Thanks for your consideration!

cwsoots
February 4th, 2022, 22:16
Sounds great. Thanks for the quick response!

BlazingAzureCrow
March 29th, 2022, 23:55
Forgive me if it has this functionality and I didn't realize it, but would it be possible to add a section to an NPC sheet (such as on a second tab or at the top) where one could add in the number of Legendary Actions/Resistances the creature might have, so that those fields could be read when added to the CT and automatically applied? Just a small quality of life option. Love this extension to bits~

Stv
April 1st, 2022, 18:49
Forgive me if it has this functionality and I didn't realize it, but would it be possible to add a section to an NPC sheet (such as on a second tab or at the top) where one could add in the number of Legendary Actions/Resistances the creature might have, so that those fields could be read when added to the CT and automatically applied? Just a small quality of life option. Love this extension to bits~

It *should* be doing that automatically, if the NPC has legendary actions and resistances on their character sheet (see attached image).
I know this functionality stops working due to a conflict with at least one extension though, but I'll be looking into a fix in the near future.

Cheers, Steve.52242

BlazingAzureCrow
April 1st, 2022, 20:32
It *should* be doing that automatically, if the NPC has legendary actions and resistances on their character sheet (see attached image).
I know this functionality stops working due to a conflict with at least one extension though, but I'll be looking into a fix in the near future.

Cheers, Steve.52242

Oh dip! Maybe I just need to update mine. Thanks~

Stv
April 1st, 2022, 21:56
I've not checked this extension for ages, so chances are it may have broken with any number of Fg updates. Hopefully not though :)
If it has, I'll endeavour to get it fixed at some point.

Cheers, Steve.

BlazingAzureCrow
April 2nd, 2022, 03:10
I can confirm that it works alone and that in my main campaign it doesn't. So another of my extensions is clearly breaking it. I'll report back if I find time to test which it is~

nephranka
April 2nd, 2022, 11:34
Also, with the new sidebar there is no tooltip on hover for the button. Also, the button defaults to the general 20 sider for an icon. Just passing it along.

Stv
April 2nd, 2022, 17:27
I can confirm that it works alone and that in my main campaign it doesn't. So another of my extensions is clearly breaking it. I'll report back if I find time to test which it is~
If you find out which extenion it conflicts with, that would be a great help.

@Nephranka Thanks for the heads up on that, I'll look into that too :)

nephranka
April 2nd, 2022, 19:22

One thing it is in conflict with is the Advance Effects ext. Not sure if this is the same issue.

Stv
April 2nd, 2022, 19:35
One thing it is in conflict with is the Advance Effects ext. Not sure if this is the same issue.
Thanks for the reminder on that conflict. I'll put it on the list :)

ColinBuckler
April 3rd, 2022, 12:54
I had a look and couldnt see this on the Firge.

Any chance you could look to add it to the Forge? It would increase the visibility of the extension as well as auto update if/when and update is made to the extension.

Stv
April 3rd, 2022, 18:09
I was going to wait till I'd got around to some fixes before I uploaded to The Forge, but it can't do any harm to push it sooner.
My build is currently waiting on approval, once it's ready, I'll post here to let you know it's available.

Cheers, Steve.

GKEnialb
April 3rd, 2022, 18:11
Responded in parallel... :)

BlazingAzureCrow
April 4th, 2022, 02:47

As absurd as this sounds, I sat down today to look into which extension was causing the issue and it just started suddenly working properly. An update might've fixed something. So uh... problem resolved :)

Stv
April 4th, 2022, 20:51
This should be available on The Forge now.

Link here and in post #1 https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/590/view

Cheers, Steve.

cwsoots
April 4th, 2022, 22:37
This should be available on The Forge now.

Link here and in post #1 https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/590/view

Cheers, Steve.

Thank you, Steve! :)

Stv
June 8th, 2022, 18:13
Small update pushed to the Forge so that the sidebar icon is now correct.
More updates to follow in the near(ish) future to fix compatibility issues highlighted by forum members.

Cheers, Steve.

nephranka
June 17th, 2022, 01:14
Edit: I rewrote this in the post below to make it easier to follow.

nephranka
June 17th, 2022, 01:26
I noticed a rather complex interaction between CA and Arcane Ward and Legendary Assistant. The box for AW shifts to cover the faction helmet when all three are loaded (s3.png below). In an attempt to fix it, I changed LA's load order to last. This works if AW is on (s2.png), but if I turn it off (s1.png) the AW box stays and the labels are shifted. I assume changing the load order is just a band aid. Given all three are interacting I thought I post in all three. I understand, due to the complexity of the interaction, it may not be resolvable but I thought I give it an ask.

Stv
June 17th, 2022, 18:41
Legendary Assistant is on my radar for some fixes soon, hopefully I can sort this issue. No promises though as this looks like it is revolving around xml and layout, which is a massive pain in my a$$ as I know next to nothing about it :)

Here's hoping :P

Cheers, Steve.

nephranka
June 17th, 2022, 18:44
Legendary Assistant is on my radar for some fixes soon, hopefully I can sort this issue. No promises though as this looks like it is revolving around xml and layout, which is a massive pain in my a$$ as I know next to nothing about it :)

Here's hoping :P

Cheers, Steve.

I am hopeful the other two might have some thoughts that can help as well. Thanks for looking into it.

nephranka
June 30th, 2022, 18:45
Ran into a placement conflict with Combat groups. It looks like your icon and its are on top on each other in the bar. When I add Arcane ward then I hit an issue with the box placement. AW plays nice with CG so I guessing your placement is the root source of the issue. Not sure it can be fixed.

Edit: Funny story, it is all 4 causing the issue (s2.jpg)

Stv
June 30th, 2022, 19:47
Ran into a placement conflict with Combat groups. It looks like your icon and its are on top on each other in the bar. When I add Arcane ward then I hit an issue with the box placement. AW plays nice with CG so I guessing your placement is the root source of the issue. Not sure it can be fixed.

Edit: Funny story, it is all 4 causing the issue (s2.jpg)

I just love funny stories :P
I think this one may be a sticky fix if it involves 4 extensions. But I'm sure a resolve can be found.
I'm pretty sure my layout updates are not helping the others at all, but I'll be taking a look at this this soon, so here's hoping :)

Cheers, Steve.

nephranka
June 30th, 2022, 20:05
I just love funny stories :P
I think this one may be a sticky fix if it involves 4 extensions. But I'm sure a resolve can be found.
I'm pretty sure my layout updates are not helping the others at all, but I'll be taking a look at this this soon, so here's hoping :)

Cheers, Steve.

Yeah, rhagelstrom is looking at it now. I think there might be a fix. The one specific to you is the icons on the banner s1.jpg but I don't think that effects the operation. It is just aesthetics.

Stv
June 30th, 2022, 21:44
Yeah, I think there's a couple of extensions I need to tread around with LA. I'm hoping it's not too much hassle 'cos xml layouts wind me up ^^

nephranka
June 30th, 2022, 22:04
You mean, "don't get me started!"

Stv
June 30th, 2022, 22:05
That too :D

nephranka
July 2nd, 2022, 23:04
So it looks Ike you and combat groups might be the source of the issue. At least rhagelstrom seems to think so. I am hopeful you can fi d a solution.

Roach
July 14th, 2022, 11:27
New issue, probably introduced with the last ruleset update.
When I try to add an encounter to the Combat tracker I get an error
[ERROR] Script execution error: [string "scripts/legendary.lua"]:39: attempt to call global 'oldaddNPC' (a nil value) - sounds as if it is from this extension. If I disable it, the error doesn't show up anymore, and I also get it if I only have the Legendary Assistant loaded.

Stv
July 14th, 2022, 19:21
Cheers Roach,
I figured this would be broken by the latest update.
I'm hoping to look into it this weekend if I can.

Cheers, Steve.

Stv
July 16th, 2022, 11:05
I've just pushed a fix to the forge to address the scripting error. Waiting on it being processed.

Cheers, Steve.

*Edit*

Fix now pushed to live, let me know if it has any issues, other than the known incompatibilities mentioned in this thread.

Blackwolfe
July 17th, 2022, 22:46
Thank you! :)

nephranka
July 25th, 2022, 16:52
So, rhagelstrom was able to blend almost everything together (some of the conflicts in other 3 exts). There is just one issue outstanding and it is how LA and Combat groups icons land on top of each other in the col control bar. It is also causing a slight sift in the row boxes. To be sure, this is like a 4 ext conflict and it might not get resolved but I figure I ask now the dust has settled from the update bomb last week. Thank you for your consideration.

Stv
July 25th, 2022, 17:21
Tbh, I've been avoiding this extension like the plague because xml layouts are a pet peeve :P
I've just released a new extension I've been working on, which my OCD wouldn't let me put down till it was done, and I have one more that needs a few tweaks and that can be released also. As soon as it is (a day or two hopefully), then Legendary Assistant will be firmly in my sights to fix.

Cheers, Steve.

nephranka
July 25th, 2022, 17:26
Tbh, I've been avoiding this extension like the plague because xml layouts are a pet peeve :P
I've just released a new extension I've been working on, which my OCD wouldn't let me put down till it was done, and I have one more that needs a few tweaks and that can be released also. As soon as it is (a day or two hopefully), then Legendary Assistant will be firmly in my sights to fix.

Cheers, Steve.

I appreciate your "stick to it" ness and attention to details :)

meadegendar
August 16th, 2022, 12:12
FYI With the vehicle update, LA throws errors when opening the CT.

Stv
August 16th, 2022, 19:30
Yeah, I was fully expecting that to happen :D
I'll be making pass over this extension this week/weekend hopefully, so should at least be able to triage it into working without errors, then onto compatibility issues & extra functionality soon™
Thank you for the heads up.

Cheers, Steve.

Stv
August 20th, 2022, 15:07
Updated version posted to The Forge. This should deal with the anchoring errors.
I know there are layout erros when used with some other extensions and I will endeavour to get these fixed also, but in the meantime the base functinality should be working ok.

Please post in this thread if you find LA and any other extensions are not playing nicely.

Cheers, Steve.

MrDDT
August 20th, 2022, 18:16
Thanks Stv

nephranka
August 21st, 2022, 13:30
Looks good. I see the alignment is not too bad. Now that the global buttons are gone where the major alignment issue was. Thanks!

Stv
August 21st, 2022, 13:57
Yeah, there's more work to be done regarding alignments, but I thought I'd rush out a semi-working version in the meantime :)

Cheers, Steve.

nephranka
August 21st, 2022, 15:08
Looks like I spoke too soon. Combat Groups and this ext jam up the CT. It will not allow CB to work correctly and it will not advance the turn order.

Stv
August 21st, 2022, 15:59
What exactly are you seeing happen?
If I have to 2 extensions loaded then I can advance the turn order with the 'next actor' button.

Cheers, Steve.

nephranka
August 21st, 2022, 16:11
With these two loaded. I start the round, hit the next button and it starts round 2 but when I hit it again it goes to round 3....no marker and no indication of turn order in chat.

Edit: When advance the round it says the new round in chat but did not move through the players in the CT.

Stv
August 21st, 2022, 16:22
Yeah, that's wierd :P
No idea WTH is going on there, I shall have to investigate.

Thanks for the heads up Nephranka.

nephranka
August 21st, 2022, 16:23

No problem. Good luck on the bug hunt!

MrDDT
August 21st, 2022, 16:49

Having this issue also. Meadegendar reported it on discord and just these 2 exts loaded, it causes CG to not work and the CT to not work.

Stv
August 21st, 2022, 20:57
Right.... I've brutally butchered the LA extension and removed lots of superfluous stuff. I *think* it now works nicely with Combat Groups. Just waiting for it to be processed so I can release it. (It will be version 1.3.1 if you need to check).
I apologise for making you all my beta testers, but somebody has to be :P

Cheers, Steve.

Blackwolfe
August 21st, 2022, 23:05
I'm good as long as you're responding. :)
(thank you for all your hard work)

Stv
August 22nd, 2022, 06:49
New build is live, let me know how it goes :)
Back to work, so may take a while for more replies/ fixes :s

Cheers Steve

nephranka
August 22nd, 2022, 11:13
Initial results are positive for CB and LA working together. The CT is working again and CB seems to be working as well.

Blackwolfe
August 22nd, 2022, 16:19
is this you? I don't know which of the dozens of mods I have running lua is. *L

[8/22/2022 8:17:51 AM] [ERROR] Script execution error: [string "campaign/scripts/power_action.lua"]:17: attempt to call field 'setOrder' (a nil value)

Stv
August 22nd, 2022, 19:11
Yaay, that's not me :)

Sorry Blackwolfe, that's a different extension.

Cheers, Steve.

Stv
September 9th, 2022, 16:39
Just pushed a new build, which should sort out CT header alignment issues.

Cheers, Steve.

nephranka
February 21st, 2023, 12:28
Found this strange error when using a monster for the monster manual expanded module.
[ERROR] Script execution error: [string "..Legendary Assistant:scripts/legendary.lua"]:83: attempt to compare number with nil

Not sure if that is something on your end or is it something with the way the monster is written? As you see in the shot it did not load in the CT. Without this ext it is fine.

Stv
February 21st, 2023, 19:49
I'll try and take a look into that this weekend if I get time. Thanks for the heads up Nephranka.

Cheers, Steve.

nephranka
February 21st, 2023, 19:57
If you want I can upload the campaign if that would help?

Stv
February 21st, 2023, 21:02
I don't own the monster manual expanded module, so this one could be tricky to catch.
It does look a little weird from your screencap though that the monster has empty legendary actions, so I'm guessing it's related to this.
This may take some time :S

Cheers, Steve

nephranka
February 21st, 2023, 23:46
Edit:
I found the issue by comparing a monster that works. It is the options text box. They used "three" instead of "3" for the number the monster gets. That causes the ext to crash trying to load them into the CT.

Does not work:
"The devil can take three legendary actions, choosing from the options below. Only one legendary action option can be used at a time and only at the end of another creature's turn. The devil regains spent legendary actions at the start of its turn."

Works:
"The devil can take 3 legendary actions, choosing from the options below. Only one legendary action option can be used at a time and only at the end of another creature's turn. The devil regains spent legendary actions at the start of its turn."

At least I know how to fix it is it happens again :)

Stv
February 22nd, 2023, 19:12
Wow, nice find Nephranka. I'll see if I can't get some kind of fix worked into LA to take care of that. As ever from me, no promises :P

Cheers, Steve.

nephranka
February 22nd, 2023, 19:38
Wow, nice find Nephranka. I'll see if I can't get some kind of fix worked into LA to take care of that. As ever from me, no promises :P

Cheers, Steve.

Thanks!

nephranka
February 23rd, 2023, 22:26
After the update. This ext is throwing a bunch of "ct_entry.lua:setTargetingVisible - DEPRECATED - 2022-08-16 - Contact ruleset/extension/forge author" type messages in the chat box whrn you open the CT.

Blackwolfe
February 23rd, 2023, 23:03
After the update. This ext is throwing a bunch of "ct_entry.lua:setTargetingVisible - DEPRECATED - 2022-08-16 - Contact ruleset/extension/forge author" type messages in the chat box whrn you open the CT.

Ditto. Was all good before today's update (Feb 23, 2023) then same error message.

Stv
February 24th, 2023, 10:22
I'm pretty sure that stuff is tied into compatibility coding for the situational awareness extension by celestian.
As that is no longer maintained I think I can safely remove that and fix the issue.
Lots of work on atm, but hopefully can fix it soon :(

Cheers, Steve

Stv
February 26th, 2023, 10:07
I've pushed an update to the Forge which should resolve the deprecation errors.
There is also a new option available which will notify the GM if a legendary action is available and this can be set to on/off or a random 25/50/75 percent change to trigger.
Let me know if it breaks anything :)

I'm still working on a couple of new things atm, but once they are done I'll pass over this one again to look at the issue found by @Nephranka.

Cheers, Stv.

nephranka
February 26th, 2023, 11:46
Looks like we are back in business. Thanks!

nephranka
February 26th, 2023, 13:03
One note: The blue highlight does not start on the creature in the CT. It only appears if I toggle the option off/on.

Stv
February 26th, 2023, 13:39
Odd, I'm not seeing that :S
Although I have just found another issue... The notifications fire when a creature is added to the conbat tracker :S
I'll see if I can get a fix in for that, but I have work to do atm :S

nephranka
February 26th, 2023, 13:55
Mine is the case where I have a creature already on the CT and when I loaded the game it was not highlighted.

Stv
February 26th, 2023, 14:19
That's really weird, as any creatures on the CT when I load my campaign are highlighting correctly :S
This may take some time to solve ^^

nephranka
February 26th, 2023, 14:21
That's really weird, as any creatures on the CT when I load my campaign are highlighting correctly :S
This may take some time to solve ^^

Aye...might be a ext conflict on my end....I will try to find out which one.

Stv
February 26th, 2023, 18:49
Just pushed a fix for the notifications firing when actors are added to the CT.
I love being an idiot :P

Cheers, Steve.

rocketvaultgames
March 2nd, 2023, 16:08
Love the extension... can't live without it!

I'm getting an error when adding a custom NPC to the combat tracker:

[ERROR] Script execution error: [string "..Legendary Assistant:scripts/legendary.lua"]:89: attempt to compare number with nil

I took an existing NPC (Iymrith from Wyrms of the North) and just added a single additional legendary action after the existing ones:

"Elite Recovery (Mythic)

Iymrith ends one negative effect currently affecting it. It can do so as long as it has at least 1 hit point, even while unconscious or incapacitated."

Deleting a previously existing legendary action and keeping the new one I added fixes the problem.

Is there a limit to the number of legendary actions that can be in the NPC entry and still be parsed correctly? If so could it be increased? I'd like to add a few more options to this NPC.

Thanks much!!

Stv
March 2nd, 2023, 21:20
I'll look into tit this weekend if I get chance.

Cheers, Steve.

Stv
March 5th, 2023, 10:35
I couldn't replicate the error posted by @mattvictim, but did manage to create a similar one :P
I've pushed a fix for that, and hopefully that helps out with what @ mattvictim s seeing.
Let me know how you get on with it.

Cheers, Steve.

Blackwolfe
March 6th, 2023, 03:13
Let me know how you get on with it. Cheers, Steve.

We played this afternoon, 12 noon to 4pm PST. No issues, no errors.

Stv
March 6th, 2023, 14:57
We played this afternoon, 12 noon to 4pm PST. No issues, no errors.

Good stuff. Thanks for the feedback :)

rocketvaultgames
March 9th, 2023, 15:01
I'm still having an issue. The previous error isn't happening but now I'm getting this error:

"Script execution error: [string "..Legendary Assistant:scripts/legendary.lua"]:87: bad argument #1 to 'match' (string expected, got nil)"

Previous Error: "[ERROR] Script execution error: [string "..Legendary Assistant:scripts/legendary.lua"]:89: attempt to compare number with nil"

The real problem with the error is that it adds the NPC but doesn't parse any of the abilities for the CT Offense tab (shows them all as blank but with links to the correct abilities)

As a workaround, I can unload the extension, add my NPC to the CT, reload with extension, then manually just give it 3 legendary actions/resistances in the CT.

For how often this error matters, it's not a huge deal to fix, as the workaround is simple enough.

Stv
March 9th, 2023, 15:30
Maybe, but errors annoy me :P
Can you make this error appear by using a creature from the srd?
If so, let me know which creature and exact steps to reproduce it and I'll see about getting it fixed properly :P

Cheers, Steve.

rocketvaultgames
March 9th, 2023, 15:50
OK... starting with Aboleth from SRD... works no problem..

Start adding Legendary Actions (in addition to what it comes with) and adding to CT after each one.

Quake (Costs 2 Actions) - GOOD
Options (Mythic) - GOOD
Elite Recovery (Mythic) - GOOD
Roar - GOOD
Thunderstrike (Costs 3 Actions) - ERROR - "Script execution error: [string "..Legendary Assistant:scripts/legendary.lua"]:87: bad argument #1 to 'match' (string expected, got nil)"
REMOVED Roar - GOOD

Could it be that 9 Legendary Actions entries is just too many? (8 seems to work fine in every instance I've tested (including "Options" and "Options (Mythic)")
Does the order matter? Do things that cost multiple actions or are mythic have to be in a certain order?
Are there rules for what can be in the parentheses in the title of the action?
Does the content of the action matter at all?

Thanks for having a look.

Stv
March 9th, 2023, 17:19
Thanks for the details, I'll have a look into it and see if I can track down what's happening.

Cheers, Steve.

rocketvaultgames
March 10th, 2023, 15:10
I'm loving the new notification reminders to use legendary actions. Is there any way to make it play nice with Combat Groups extension so that the notifications only happen if there is a legendary creature currently displayed on the CT?

Thanks much!

nephranka
March 10th, 2023, 15:21
I'm loving the new notification reminders to use legendary actions. Is there any way to make it play nice with Combat Groups extension so that the notifications only happen if there is a legendary creature currently displayed on the CT?

Thanks much!

I would 2nd this!

Stv
March 10th, 2023, 15:24
I'll add to the (getting ever longer) list of things to look into :P

But fixes come 1st, my upcomng new releases 2nd, then maybe this ^^

Cheers, Steve.

Stv
March 10th, 2023, 18:43
This one is vexing me....
I've taken a copy of an Aboleth and added new legendary actions to its character sheet so it has 10 of them.
If I add it to the combat tracker everything is working fine with no errors thrown :S

I'm assuming you are manually adding the legendary actions by clicking the greeen + button and then just filling in the text?

Let me know if you're doing anything different to me.

Cheers, Steve.

OK... starting with Aboleth from SRD... works no problem..

Start adding Legendary Actions (in addition to what it comes with) and adding to CT after each one.

Quake (Costs 2 Actions) - GOOD
Options (Mythic) - GOOD
Elite Recovery (Mythic) - GOOD
Roar - GOOD
Thunderstrike (Costs 3 Actions) - ERROR - "Script execution error: [string "..Legendary Assistant:scripts/legendary.lua"]:87: bad argument #1 to 'match' (string expected, got nil)"
REMOVED Roar - GOOD

Could it be that 9 Legendary Actions entries is just too many? (8 seems to work fine in every instance I've tested (including "Options" and "Options (Mythic)")
Does the order matter? Do things that cost multiple actions or are mythic have to be in a certain order?
Are there rules for what can be in the parentheses in the title of the action?
Does the content of the action matter at all?

Thanks for having a look.

rocketvaultgames
March 10th, 2023, 22:28
Just tried again with only Legendary Extension loaded. I'm still getting the same issue. Anything past 8 seems to be a problem, doesn't matter which one.

Stv
March 10th, 2023, 22:44
Well, I'll keep trying to recreate the error, but until I can it's gonna be a bit of an issue :S
On the plus side, I *think * I've figured out how to make it work like you want with Combat Groups :)

Cheers, Steve.

Stv
March 13th, 2023, 19:59
New build pushed to Live, whcih should solve the errors seen by @mattvictim. I believe it should now play nicely with Combat Groups, so that if a monster with legendary actions is in an invisible/hidden group then the notifications shouldn't fire.

Try it out and let me know how you get on.

Cheers, Steve.

nephranka
March 13th, 2023, 20:19
New build pushed to Live, whcih should solve the errors seen by @mattvictim. I believe it should now play nicely with Combat Groups, so that if a monster with legendary actions is in an invisible/hidden group then the notifications shouldn't fire.

Try it out and let me know how you get on.

Cheers, Steve.

Thanks! I will take it for a spin. Side note: did you fix the 3 vs. three issue?

rocketvaultgames
March 13th, 2023, 20:28
Seems to have fixed the error and plays nice with Combat Groups. Thanks a million!!

I don't foresee using the separate Legendary Window, but for those who do, it might be helpful to have a toggle to have that window only show legendary creatures that are visible on the CT as well. Literally zero priority for me, just a thought.

Stv
March 13th, 2023, 20:56
@nephranka, not yet but I promise I'll look into it (night shifts this week so probably not a quick fix)

@mattvictim good shout on that, if it's easy I"ll do it :P

Thank you both for your recent bug finds and feedback.

Cheers, Steve.

nephranka
March 13th, 2023, 22:18
@nephranka, not yet but I promise I'll look into it (night shifts this week so probably not a quick fix)

@mattvictim good shout on that, if it's easy I"ll do it :P

Thank you both for your recent bug finds and feedback.

Cheers, Steve.

Glad to help!

Stv
March 30th, 2023, 21:33
New build pushed to live, should (hopefully) fix the numbers issue as found by @nephranka.

Cheers, Steve.

nephranka
March 30th, 2023, 21:38
cool! Thanks!

Valdemar
December 17th, 2023, 15:54
Stv - Has legendary assistant become part of the base program? with the extension active it is throwing an error for each PC / NPC on the combat tracker.

Stv
December 17th, 2023, 15:59
Nah, it's not part of the base program :)
I just had a check and I think you're referring to the frame_ctsub -DEPRECATED message??
I've a few things on at the moment but I'll try and get it fixed soon(ish) :)

Thanks for the heads up on the error.

Cheers, Steve.

cwsoots
December 17th, 2023, 16:29
Thanks for your attention on this. :)

Signed,
Another satisfied user of your helpful extension

Blackwolfe
December 17th, 2023, 21:47
Nah, it's not part of the base program :)
I just had a check and I think you're referring to the frame_ctsub -DEPRECATED message??
I've a few things on at the moment but I'll try and get it fixed soon(ish) :)

Thanks for the heads up on the error.

Cheers, Steve.

I was wondering what was kicking that message out. *LOL*

Stv
December 18th, 2023, 10:30
New build on The Forge that should hopefully take care of the issue.
I'd had this ready for ages but not uploaded it.... totally forgot about it :P

Cheers, Steve.

nephranka
February 16th, 2024, 11:00
It appears that this ext is broken on TEST. Passing it along before the incoming update.

Stv
February 16th, 2024, 19:05
Thanks for the heads up Nephranka, I'll try and get a look at it this weekend.

Cheers, Steve.

nephranka
February 17th, 2024, 01:21
Thanks for the heads up Nephranka, I'll try and get a look at it this weekend.

Cheers, Steve.

Np...I hope it is an easy fix.

JuliTutu
February 21st, 2024, 01:52
Hi @Stv, First of all! I'm a big fan of your work!

I'm not understanding how works the Lair Actions. I created a monster with Lair Actions!

Thanks!!

Bonkon
February 21st, 2024, 18:53
Hi @Stv, First of all! I'm a big fan of your work!

I'm not understanding how works the Lair Actions. I created a monster with Lair Actions!

Thanks!!

Good Day JuliTutu :)
Lair actions are taken at the end of another character/NPC's turn. This just pops up a reminder in chat so you can decide whether or not to use one and expend the resource for the lair action. They are all refilled at the start of the creature with the lair actions turn.

Stv
March 2nd, 2024, 12:41
Version 2.0 now on the forge, should hopefully be working fine in live & test channels now.
Thanks @ Nephranka for pointing out the issue.

Cheers, Steve.

nephranka
March 2nd, 2024, 12:52
Version 2.0 now on the forge, should hopefully be working fine in live & test channels now.
Thanks @ Nephranka for pointing out the issue.

Cheers, Steve.

Sure thing! Thanks!

rocketvaultgames
March 5th, 2024, 03:49
In the Live channel with only Legendary Assistant 2.0 and Hearth Theme (Sir Motte's Magnificent Darkness) 2.9.22.3 loaded:

I can't hide the legendary actions/resistances for the current actor in the CT regardless of if they have any. Previously these could be hidden (and were by default I believe).

This might be an issue with the theme, but now the unicorn icon is either orange when "on" or black when "off". Orange is fine... stands out as different from the surrounding icons and I'm OK with that. Black looks a little strange/hard to see.

I still love the extension and it still functions despite these changes.

Thanks!!

Stv
March 5th, 2024, 16:10
I'll take alook into the CT issue. I'm thinking to have it automatically open if they have any resistances, but stay closed if not ?
The icon color is a a work in progress atm, I just pushed out a working build before the new update exploded the extension :)

Cheers, Steve.

rocketvaultgames
March 5th, 2024, 16:35
Thanks much! I think that would be the preferred behavior: Open (or keep open) on turn if the actor has either LRs or LAs, and don't close it on end of turn (I want every possible reminder for using LRs and LAs)

I can't imagine it ever being good to have it open if the actor doesn't have LRs or LAs.

Looking closer at the color of the unicorn icon (In Hearth Theme)

Other Icons: Closed = White, Open = Orange
Unicorn Icon: Closed = Orange, Open = Black

The black seems to be opaque and have some extraneous pixels of a light yellow/tan especially in the upper right, whereas the orange has some transparency to let the background CT Faction color show through.

Again, the icon graphic in no way affects the functionality.

Stv
March 5th, 2024, 18:46
Yeah, looking at the gfx issue, I'm pretty sure that's 'cos of changes on my end. I'll get it cleaned up eventually :)

Cheers, Steve.

Stv
April 4th, 2024, 19:21
Quick fix pushed to The Forge, which should fix the issue reported by @rocketvaultgames.

Cheers, Steve.

MrDDT
April 4th, 2024, 19:30
Thank you, tested and working.

rocketvaultgames
April 5th, 2024, 03:51
Looks good. Thanks much!

nephranka
April 8th, 2024, 21:16
Looks like there is a slight shift in the CT headers with only this ext loaded. Mainly cosmetic.

MrDDT
April 9th, 2024, 00:12
Yeah I get it too. Other exts that mess with adding an icon on the CT, normally shift the headers over to line up correctly.

nephranka
April 9th, 2024, 00:43
Yeah I get it too. Other exts that mess with adding an icon on the CT, normally shift the headers over to line up correctly.

Yeah...adding this to CA and CB makes it really bad.

Stv
April 10th, 2024, 20:26
I'll try and look into this soon™, but RL has me a little busy atm.
Remind me in a fortnight if I've not got round to it :P

Cheers, Steve.

nephranka
April 11th, 2024, 00:51
I'll try and look into this soon™, but RL has me a little busy atm.
Remind me in a fortnight if I've not got round to it :P

Cheers, Steve.

Will do.

rocketvaultgames
April 16th, 2024, 17:36
I know you are busy, but I just wanted to suggest the possibility of in addition to the chat notification, having the option to play the "ring bell on turn" sound, or in a perfect world, a different audio cue.

Despite my best efforts, in some large/complex combats, I still find myself missing legendary action opportunities...

The extension is still AMAZING as is.

Thank you.