PDA

View Full Version : Existing Campaign FGC ---》FG Unity

Thormm
September 4th, 2020, 10:26
I want to convert my FGC into the New FG Unity.
At the moment I run an existing campaign in D&D.
Also my players run the Classic Version.

Does the Uprade copy all existing files, like maps etc.?
Get my players the benefits of Unity without upgrade.. like Dynamic Lightning...etc.?

Thx for comment...

superteddy57
September 4th, 2020, 12:04
You would need to make a copy of the campaign folder of the campaign you wish to use in Unity and place it in the same folder in the Unity file structure. Upgrading does not copy campaign data to Unity, but you would have accessed to your purchased content. I would also suggest copying over your extensions that you use as well and check with the developers if they work within Unity.

Thormm
September 4th, 2020, 12:08
thx a lot..

What about the functions for my FCG players?

superteddy57
September 4th, 2020, 12:11
FGU functions very similar to FGC besides the new features map features and the connection lobby. I'm not sure exactly what specific functions you were referring to, but they should be able to operate on FGU if they have used FGC significantly.

Thormm
September 4th, 2020, 12:18
Does the dynamic lightning for Line of Sight works for the players if the GM owns FCU and the players uses FGC?

Trenloe
September 4th, 2020, 12:19
To clarify - players will also need to run FG Unity. Everyone, GM and players, must be using the same version of software. If the GM has a Standard FGU license, then the players will need to get a Standard FGU license too (they can use the upgrade pricing). If the GM has an Ultimate FGU license then the players just need to install an unlicensed copy of FGU.

Thormm
September 4th, 2020, 12:21
Thats it:-)

LordEntrails
September 4th, 2020, 16:51
If you need detailed step by step instructions, see here; https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?55522-How-to-Migrate-a-FGC-Campaign-to-FGU