PDA

View Full Version : Adding an "inventory" module to the d20 ruleset

sunbeam60
May 1st, 2007, 15:02
Hi there,

I'm tinkering with adding a d20 Inventory module to the default ruleset, that basically holds a long list of <class>item</class> items with all the mundane items I can find in the rulebooks and add myself.

Even when stripped down to something like this:

<rationstrail>
<librarylink type="windowreference"><class>item</class><recordname>..</recordname></librarylink>
<name type="string">Rations, Trail</name>
<description type="formattedtext">
<p>Yummy, taste good</p>
</description>
<cost type="string">1 GP</cost>
<isidentified type="number">0</isidentified>
<nonidentified type="string">At a glance</nonidentified>
<identified type="string">When identified</identified>
</rationstrail>

... I still get a Caster Level box in the item description inside FGII, even though I can see no difference between the Caster Level field definition and the other field definitions in the d20 ruleset.

Anybody knows of a way to remove the Caster Level field? Am I damned to create my own ruleset to get this to work?

Long term, I cannot wait for FGII to support ruleset additions or overrides. That way, I could define my own window class and have the items shown the way I want, while still staying compatible with the default ruleset. Hopefully, I could also update the inventory part of the charsheet to allow drag'n'drop between the inventory module and the character sheet itself.

The High Druid
May 2nd, 2007, 16:43
As Goblin King told me here (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6012), the way data is displayed is, unfortunately, determined by the ruleset files not the xml data document. I was going to look at this myself, but only after the ruleset updates slow down some.