PDA

View Full Version : Module activation issue

Diablobob
September 3rd, 2020, 19:11
I’m having troubles using Module.activate(name) with WotC modules... all other modules are working with that method fine... it’s just the WotC modules...

What am I missing? Additionally, those are the modules I’ve been having issues with the maps from and causing random errors on that no other maps are having...

LordEntrails
September 3rd, 2020, 20:00
WAG: Do they have special characters in the module names?

Diablobob
September 3rd, 2020, 21:32
No... however someone mentioned that it’s due to some of the modules the display name does not match their module name... so hunting down how to get that info as direct as possible

Moon Wizard
September 3rd, 2020, 21:34
You have to use the "name" tag specified in the module code and links; not the display name. Which modules are you trying to load?

Regards,
JPG

Diablobob
September 3rd, 2020, 21:53
The player’s handbook... the display name is DD Player’s Handbook, but the module name is DD PHB Deluxe

Moon Wizard
September 3rd, 2020, 22:04
That's right. The display name was added to allow us to standardize the naming of modules as they evolved over time; but the module name is the "key" used for all data lookup.

You can find examples for many of the WotC 5E books in the 5E ruleset in the scripts/data_desktop_5E.lua file.

Regards,
JPG

Diablobob
September 4th, 2020, 06:29
So I figured it out... I added a check for both the display name and the regular name... if one matches it loads the module... I appreciate the help all!

Trenloe
September 4th, 2020, 08:00
A way of finding the actual FG name of a module, if you can’t open the definition.xml file, is to drag a link from a record into a new campaign story entry, save the campaign and then look in the campaign db.xml file for the story entry. The link data will have the link DB reference plus @ and then the module name. I do this all the time to verify the FG name of a module.