PDA

View Full Version : What are the System Sound/alert Mappings (combat tracker for example)

Spandox
September 3rd, 2020, 15:34
Some players get an alert when it is their turn on the combat tracker, most do not.
The people who do have other than default sound themes in windows (one for instance had a Halloween theme in windows and he claimed he heard the organ pipes related to that theme on his turn). People who have the default sounds hear no alert when it is their turn.

My working theory is that system alerts are called by FG, this alert triggers the sound. Not a bad strategy. Unfortunately, many people (the default theme) have many of these alerts set to be silent.

Primary Question:
Is there a list of mappings that FG uses can that player like me can adjust their system settings to hear the alerts?

Optional followup:
Maybe a feature request would be to choose which alert is used.

Thanks,
Mike

LordEntrails
September 3rd, 2020, 16:06
Welcome Mike!

I have no idea, though I'm replying because I'm not sure this is the right place. Not 100% sure what the right place is though so that the correct folks can answer...

Are you using FGC or FGU?

Spandox
September 3rd, 2020, 16:14
classic I guess....

LordEntrails
September 3rd, 2020, 16:24
MOD: moved to house of healing, I think here will be the best place to get the right folks to review.

I don't know what system sound is used. Make sure that the GM and players have the option "Ring Bell on Turn" set to "On".

This effectiveness of this might also be effected if anyone is running on Mac or Linux as since those are running inside a Windows emulator the sound command might not be making it "out" to the host operating system.

Can you verify what o/s are being used? And have you identified any differences between those who hear it and those who don't?

Moon Wizard
September 3rd, 2020, 17:43
FG Classic only supports a single beep sound; and when it is told to beep, it uses this OS function ("MessageBeep(MB_ICONASTERISK);").

I can find the asterisk sound for Windows in the Windows Sound Control Panel.

Regards,
JPG