PDA

View Full Version : Extension for inactive NPCs on combat tracker?

Jets
September 3rd, 2020, 15:08
I'm currently running a SKT campaign (D&D 5E) and sometimes there are a bunch of npcs on the map, sometimes my players attack them, or make them roll some ability, it's a pain in the *** to have 6 or 8 npcs that don't involve on combat but still have a turn that I have to skip.
Is there any extension to have them on another window? So whenever any PC wants to interact with them, they just attack/force ST and all is automatized.

LordEntrails
September 3rd, 2020, 16:30
No extensions I know of. What would be the coding logic that FG would know when to skip some actors and not others?

What I would do is to drag the Next Turn/Actor button from the CT window to the F12 hotkey. Then map one of my unused mouse buttons to the F12 key. Then I could skip an actor with either a simple mouse click if my hand is on the mouse or a key press if it is on the keyboard.

BaneTBC
September 4th, 2020, 17:25
Hmm, one of my extensions I'm running has an option to skip entries in the CT that does not have initiative (so you can set those one's not involved to 0(no initiative) and it will skip them).

Jets
September 4th, 2020, 17:40
Hmm, one of my extensions I'm running has an option to skip entries in the CT that does not have initiative (so you can set those one's not involved to 0(no initiative) and it will skip them).

This is exactly what I need, which is it?

BaneTBC
September 4th, 2020, 18:51
So that's part of 5E Enhancer: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?51353-5E-Enhancer

Skipt CT actors that haven't rolled initiative: When enabled the CT will skip entries in the CT, without rolled initiatives or initiatives of 0, when the Next Actor / End Turn button is pressed.
You can just grab the individual components from this package that you want to use, this option is covered in the "5E Enhancer - Skip Actor" (you can get this from the github that this is held on for download and choose the "Extension files (sub-extensions)" option to get to the individual components. "5E Enhancer - Skip Actor.ext" is the one you need, place it in the extensions folder in your Data folder and make sure that you check it when loading the campaign so it will be enabled when you get into the session. Then you'll need to go into the options, go down to the "5E Enhancer, Battle Map Settings" section and toggle on "Skip CT actors that haven't rolled initiative" to On.

Keep in mind that some components of the 5E Enhancer conflict with other extensions, so always test things ahead of time to make sure that you don't have any issues for your session. I haven't had any problems with this component interfering with others, but keep it in mind.

Moon Wizard
September 4th, 2020, 19:30
Just a heads up that some NPCs can validly have zero initiative in 5E (Ex: zombies).

Regards,
JPG