PDA

View Full Version : Do tokens come with FGU purchase?

barles
September 3rd, 2020, 14:16
Hello,

I recently purchased the one-time pricing version of FGU and was somehow under the impression that there was a basic set of tokens that came with it. I'm using the 2nd edition core rules and when I open the assets pane and filter for tokens, I do see some token sets, but when I check the token folder, it's empty. When I open the campaign setup, there's no token data module to activate. Also, on that list of buttons on the right side of the screen that allows you to open panes (character, notes, tables, etc.), there's no button for tokens.

Was I mistaken about having a set of default tokens with the purchase?

ddavison
September 3rd, 2020, 14:22
You should have several folders with tokens available in your Assets folder when you select Tokens. In addition, most of our monster manual type products have tokens automatically assigned to the NPCs.

You should have these built-in token packs:

Animal Pogs
Animal Tokens
Character Pogs
Character Tokens
Monster Pogs
Monster Tokens

While not tokens, you also have Portraits if you look under Data > SmiteWorks. These are usable on character sheets.

The Tokens folder is where you can place your own custom tokens. You don't have to activate token modules in FGU. If you own them for your account, they will automatically show up in the Assets > Tokens window.

Trenloe
September 3rd, 2020, 14:25
Welcome to the FG forums!

In FGU tokens are indeed accessed through the "Assets" window -> then click the "Tokens" button.

What version of FGU do you see at the top right of the main startup screen? Does it say something like "v4.0.0 FREE (date)"?
Have you entered your FG username and password in the settings screen and ran an update?

If you're not seeing "FREE" in the version and have ran an update after entering your FG username and password, then please post a screenshot of your assets window with the "Tokens" button pressed. Thanks.

barles
September 3rd, 2020, 14:38
Thanks for the warm welcome!

The version is v4.0.0 ULTIMATE (2020-08-26)

Trenloe
September 3rd, 2020, 14:44
Thanks for the warm welcome!

The version is v4.0.0 ULTIMATE (2020-08-26)

Thanks for the screenshot.

If you double-click on "Animal Pogs" what do you see?

barles
September 3rd, 2020, 14:49
A bunch of animal pogs. I know how this look lol, but I can't get this to work the way the tutorials I'm finding says it should.

ddavison
September 3rd, 2020, 14:52
Can you include a link to your tutorial? You should use the new tutorials from our FGU Wiki and not older tutorials that were written for the original version of Fantasy Grounds. We refer to that as Fantasy Grounds Classic, or FGC, when we discuss it now. You have the new version of our software, Fantasy Grounds Unity. You can still refer to old tutorials, since most of the content is the same; however, anything related to images, maps, tokens, portraits, installation, hosting and joining games would be different.

barles
September 3rd, 2020, 14:58
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mBAbn-uy328

I'll go check out the FGU wiki now. Thanks for the guidance.

Trenloe
September 3rd, 2020, 15:06
A bunch of animal pogs. I know how this look lol
Sorry, based off the thread title and the info in post #1 I thought your issue was that there were not tokens at all.

barles
September 3rd, 2020, 15:13
Oh no worries. I should've specified that the empty token folder was in explorer, not FGU. My fault.

LordEntrails
September 3rd, 2020, 15:38
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mBAbn-uy328

I'll go check out the FGU wiki now. Thanks for the guidance.
Yep, that video is from 2018, so it applies to FGC and not FGU :)