PDA

View Full Version : Planned features?

fabiocm
September 3rd, 2020, 02:08
Hello everyone.

What are the planned features for the complete FGU? What features FGU will have at launch compared to what it have now? Is there a link where can I find this?

I see in the threads, specially in youtube, that a lot of effort is being put to the mapping feature of FG. However, I see a lot of dedicated software for map creation, and they do a great job! Wouldn't be better if Smiteworks put efforts to improve the tabletop experience in FG, rather than split efforts between the mapping tool and what it was supposed to be really good at? I mean, if the development were going fast it would be not a problem, but I'm in FG for 5 years (and now in Unity) and since then I heard of the Unity version, and it still in beta.

LordEntrails
September 3rd, 2020, 02:15
Parity with FGC with the exceptions listed here; https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?50483

lostsanityreturned
September 3rd, 2020, 02:48
A lot of the mapping/image features are good to have for folks who want to create on the fly.

I love dungeon draft as much as the next degenerate. But when it comes to making things on the fly I would much prefer to have a semi robust system in program.

That said, FG:U is almost certainly in its last stretches now, there are only a few features missing from it that FG:C has and stability is way way way better than what it was a couple of months back. (at least the windows version is)

Future features? no idea, although I expect dynamic lighting and their FX layers to be some of the first targeted areas for improvement.
Areas I would like to see improved would be dice skinning, extension management and music integration/streaming. But that is that and this is this.

Indus101
September 3rd, 2020, 02:58
Hopefully dynamic lighting is up there. I know that's what kept my group coming to this platform from Roll20. Perusing various forums all over all the VTT's, it seems Roll20's bleeding a lot market share at the moment, but they're mostly running over to Foundry (and some to Astral) because they're so damn pretty.

kevininrussia
September 3rd, 2020, 03:33
That said, FG:U is almost certainly in its last stretches now, there are only a few features missing from it that FG:C has and stability is way way way better than what it was a couple of months back. (at least the windows version is)

Hopefully the Linux port will go smoothly so we can get to release and some new features.