PDA

View Full Version : Creating enemies 'on the fly'

Stv
September 2nd, 2020, 22:30
If I create an enemy by right clicking in the combat tracker , clicking 'create item'' and then manually fill in the fields I need e.g. the 'lair actions' section of the actor then when it is that actors turn in the combat the fields I have created show up as blanks rather than with the text I have entered.
Is this an oversight, or not catered for ?

Pic attached for clarity.

Cheers, Steve.

*edit*
Pretty sure I'm in the wrong section with this question, so my apologies.

Zacchaeus
September 2nd, 2020, 23:24
I'm not seeing this either in Clasic or Unity (and I assume the 5e ruleset).

I don't know how you managed to get Lair Action in there however so I may not be doing the same as you are.

LordEntrails
September 2nd, 2020, 23:26
Here's probably fine, but it might be ruleset specific and therefore would best be asked in a given ruleset forum.

I've never tried what you are doing directly, I've always copied an NPC in the NPC list and then modified it there (usually) before adding to the CT. Not sure I will have time to look into this further tonight but will follow and try to put together more stuff.

Stv
September 2nd, 2020, 23:34
Thanks for the look LordEntrails, and you're correct in assuming the 5e ruleset Zacchaeus.

Steps to reproduce :

right click in the CT
select 'create item' which adds a new blank actor
open the actors character sheet for editing (from the combat tracker)
scroll to 'lair actions' section
add in the new text for the lair action header and body.
make the actor active in the CT

and if I'm right, then it should operate as shown in my screenshot in post #1

Cheers, Steve.

Moon Wizard
September 3rd, 2020, 03:52
The "shortcut" entries for NPC actions in the CT are only created when an NPC is added to the combat tracker; and not for entries manually added to the combat tracker.

Regards,
JPG

Stv
September 3rd, 2020, 08:32
Not what I wanted to hear :P
Thanks for the replies guys.

Cheers, Steve.