PDA

View Full Version : [Extension FGC/U] Metrics

Kelrugem
September 2nd, 2020, 21:08
Hi :)

After some user request I made some very small extension :) This adds some separate distance measurements to CoreRPG rulesets :) (but not sure whether it works in all, 5e is a bit different in that regard, but one does not need the extension there)

What the extension does: It adds a new option in the settings, scroll to the bottom, it is in the section "Distance Measurement" and there are several options:

(I describe it now in increments of 1', but when the ruleset uses e.g. 5 ft., then it will be with respect to that)

Mult 1: That is the standard behaviour, the uniform norm, that is one diagonal = 1' :)
Mult 1.5: Approximated Euclidean, that is the rule where the total diagonal movement costs 1.5*#DiagonalSquares*1' (rounded down), so, first diagonal 1', second 3', third 4', fourth 6' and so on... (in totals, I mean. In increments that is of course then 1',2',1',2'...)

If FGU, there is also Mult Eucl: Euclidean metric, so "real measure", rounded to the first decimal

Best,

Kelrugem

GrumpyOldAndy
September 5th, 2020, 13:35
I installed it and it works great for me. Thanks again.

Kelrugem
September 5th, 2020, 16:00
I installed it and it works great for me. Thanks again.

Cool :)

I personally intend to use the Euclidean metric on overland maps for measuring distances on the map: One can adjust the grid there to fit the scale of the map, then I make the grid invisible :) One does then not really "feel" the grid in the measurements because overland maps have often a high scale such that the grid will be rather small :) (one only needs to ignore the ft. unit etc. :D)

Kelrugem
October 23rd, 2020, 14:27
With the new update the extension does not need to cater for the Euclidean distance anymore :) (that is now included in FGU, as a button in the grid bar) But you can still of course use the extension to change the diagonal multiplier for rulesets not allowing that :)

Moon Wizard
October 23rd, 2020, 18:17
In 5E ruleset, that is available as an option for Variant distance measurement.

JPG

Kelrugem
October 23rd, 2020, 18:20
In 5E ruleset, that is available as an option for Variant distance measurement.

JPG

Ah, thanks :) The extension is mainly for smaller rulesets like Symbaroum when one does not want the diagonal multiplier inherited by CoreRPG :)