PDA

View Full Version : 5E - Additional Storage (Bag of Holding)

BloatedNikNak
September 2nd, 2020, 00:34
5E - Additional Storage - Provides separation from characters encumbrance, for use with: Bag of Holding, Heward's Handy Haversack & Portable Hole

I recommend having a exported backup of your character & campaign, just in case.

Having either, Bag of Holding, Heward's Handy Haversack & Portable Hole, in the characters inventory.

USAGE EXAMPLE:

Character has a Bag of Holding in their INVENTORY, and it is IDENTIFIED.
To place an item in the "Bag of Holding" set the items location to "Bag of Holding" and set to NOT CARRIED.
If a character wants to carry / equip and item already in the Bag of Holding, just use the Carried / Equipped toggle. When Carried or Equipped the items weight is applied to the encumbrance, as it is no longer in the Bag of Holding.
When you fill out the location, use the TAB key to complete the entry, instead of Enter / Return as this creates a new line, as if you have a blank item in your inventory.

Bag of Holding = 500lb Capacity
Heward's Handy Haversack = 120lb Capacity
Portable Hole = 3616683lb Capacity

NOTE: Location name is case sensitive, and does not work with multiple additional storage items.

If you experience any bugs, please provide details steps on how to reproduce the bug, include if possible, screenshots and extensions that are currently in use.

KNOW ISSUES:

When one of the Additional Storage Items (eg. Bag of Holding) is added to a PCs inventory list, the items "identified" button needs to be toggled.
It appears that when an item is added to the list now, it's identified status is either null/undefined instead of being either 0 (not identified) or 1 (identified).
At this stage, I am unsure if this is something that I am able fix, or if this is something that is a bug with FG / working as intended.

Release Info:

V.1.0 - Initial Release
V.1.1 - Community Request - Added: Greater Bag of Holding (1000lb) and Superior Bag of Holding (2000lb)
V.1.2 - Fix functionality after Unity update (may no longer be compatible with classic)

NOTE: Changed file name (removing version number). If downloading to update, ensure you delete previous file. This has been done so that updating is easier going forward.

skj310
September 4th, 2020, 10:22
Nicely done! I'll try this out soon methinks!

Three of Swords
September 4th, 2020, 14:43
Nicely done! I'll check it out this weekend.

SmackDaddy
September 4th, 2020, 16:46
Are there different sizes of bags of holding? If so, would there be the possibility to code this for something like a "superior" bag of holding?

BloatedNikNak
September 4th, 2020, 16:50
Are there different sizes of bags of holding? If so, would there be the possibility to code this for something like a "superior" bag of holding?

I don't believe there is a Superior version, but if you were to homebrew one, its is really simple to add.

SmackDaddy
September 4th, 2020, 17:09
I don't believe there is a Superior version, but if you were to homebrew one, its is really simple to add.

How would I go about doing that? Do you have the source code I could check out or is an extension file viewable within a text editor? (new to all this - sorry for the newb question)

BloatedNikNak
September 4th, 2020, 17:23
How would I go about doing that? Do you have the source code I could check out or is an extension file viewable within a text editor? (new to all this - sorry for the newb question)

In the file: additionalStorage.lua
Found in the .ext file, campaign\scrips\additionalStorage.lua

Just add:
items["Superior Bag of Holding"] = 1000;
for example

function additionalStorage(nodeChar)

local current = 0;
local max = 0;
local remaining = 0;
local NCount, NWeight;
local items = {};

items["Heward's Handy Haversack"] = 120;
items["Handy Handkerchief"] = 250;
items["Bag of Holding"] = 500;
items["Portable Hole"] = 3616683;

-- Loops through all items in characters inventory.
for _,vNode in pairs(DB.getChildren(nodeChar, "inventorylist")) do
-- Loops through
for item,capacity in pairs(items) do
if item == DB.getValue(vNode, "name", 0) and DB.getValue(vNode, "carried", 0) > 0 and DB.getValue(vNode, "isidentified", 0) == 1 then
max = capacity
end
if item == DB.getValue(vNode, "location", 0) and DB.getValue(vNode, "carried", 0) == 0 then
NCount = DB.getValue(vNode, "count", 0);
if NCount < 1 then
NCount = 1;
end
NWeight = DB.getValue(vNode, "weight", 0);
current = current + (NCount * NWeight);
end
end
remaining = max - current;
end
DB.setValue(nodeChar, "additionalStorage.current", "number", current);
DB.setValue(nodeChar, "additionalStorage.remaining", "number", remaining);
DB.setValue(nodeChar, "additionalStorage.max", "number", max);
end

SmackDaddy
September 4th, 2020, 17:30
Where is the .lua file? I don't see a scripts folder in my campaign let along a "AdditionalStorage.lua file anywhere..... (and yes, I loaded the extension in my campaign)

ScriedRaven
September 4th, 2020, 20:06
You'll need to modify the extension. It's essentially a .zip file, so you can just unzip it. 7zip is great about unzipping it easily, however other programs you'll need to tell it that they can unzip it.

BloatedNikNak
September 4th, 2020, 22:46
Where is the .lua file? I don't see a scripts folder in my campaign let along a "AdditionalStorage.lua file anywhere..... (and yes, I loaded the extension in my campaign)

The .lua file is a part of the .ext file you have downloaded from my post above.

If you would like to edit the code for your own home brew content, you will first need to unzip the file.

Use can use 7zip to extract the files, and once that is done, you will be able to browse the files / folders as you would any other folder.

Note that most zip programs will also work, including the one built into windows.

But in order to unzip a file using windows default program, you will first need to rename the file, removing the .ext at the end and replacing it with .zip (you will need to make sure you have "Show file name extensions" enabled in windows to do it this way).

Inside the now unzipped folder, go to /campaigns/scripts/ and open AdditionalStorage.lua with a text editor. I use Visual Studio Code, but notepad++ is a great alternative, or you could just use windows notepad.

Once there you will see the script i pasted above, and will be able to add your own item.

Just follow the same format that i have, so as an example, if you want a Superior Bag of Holding, and say it has a capacity of 1000lb you would add the following:

It is important that you use the same capitalization here, as you would use in Fantasy Grounds.

Once you have done what you need, save the file.

You don't have to zip the file again if you do not want to, but it is suggested.

BloatedNikNak
September 6th, 2020, 17:37
Update:
V.1.1 - Community Request - Added: Greater Bag of Holding (1000lb) and Superior Bag of Holding (2000lb)

See post #1 for updated extension

Beemanpat
September 13th, 2020, 04:05
This is a great extension. I've noticed something though. When changing the location of an item to or from the storage location a new item is created at the bottom of the inventory list.

I'm using FGC and have no other extension loaded.

BloatedNikNak
September 13th, 2020, 08:04
This is a great extension. I've noticed something though. When changing the location of an item to or from the storage location a new item is created at the bottom of the inventory list.

I'm using FGC and have no other extension loaded.

When you fill out the location, use the TAB key to complete the entry, instead of Enter / Return as this creates a new line.

I believe this is something that FG does, and is not related to the extension.

However, I will test and will address if it is the extension.

Beemanpat
September 13th, 2020, 22:48
Using the TAB key to complete the entry does not create a new line. So just need to break my/players habit of using the enter key LOL. Thanks for the great little extension. Cheers

Edit: Maybe want to add that caveat to post #1, it may not be common knowledge. Thanks again, great work.

BloatedNikNak
September 14th, 2020, 01:20
Using the TAB key to complete the entry does not create a new line. So just need to break my/players habit of using the enter key LOL. Thanks for the great little extension. Cheers

Edit: Maybe want to add that caveat to post #1, it may not be common knowledge. Thanks again, great work.

Thanks for the suggestion, I have updated post #1

Enjoy :)

arcanjl
October 5th, 2020, 17:07
Good day!
I am not sure if you are aware of Mad Nomad’s new extension “Mad Nomad's 3rd Party Updater”
(https://www.dmsguild.com/product/327667/Mad-Nomads-3rd-Party-Updater)
Anyhoo, in order for your awesome extension to work with it, it has 2 requirements.
1) The extension version has to show up in the extension’s Tooltips
2) The version numbering can only go one decimal deep. (1.4 is ok, 1.4.1 is not)
Thank you so much for your consideration in assisting in this awesome add-on!
Gabe

BloatedNikNak
October 5th, 2020, 19:52
Good day!
I am not sure if you are aware of Mad Nomad’s new extension “Mad Nomad's 3rd Party Updater”
Anyhoo, in order for your awesome extension to work with it, it has 2 requirements.
2) The version numbering can only go one decimal deep. (1.4 is ok, 1.4.1 is not)
Gabe

Hi Gabe

I was not aware of Mad Nomads extension.
I have a couple days off this week, so I will take a look at it, and see if I can integrate this into my extension.

Nik

pablomaz
October 8th, 2020, 18:55
Thanks, BloatedNikNak! Works like a charm!

SilentRuin
October 8th, 2020, 20:16
I am a rather lazy DM, and if truth be told I've also got a rather unmerciful sense of humor :)

It would be interesting if your extension automatically (for lazy, unmerciful DM's of course) followed the rules on those type of bags...

Specifically: If the bag is overloaded it ruptures and is destroyed, and its contents are scattered in the Astral Plane. Placing a bag of holding inside an extradimensional space created by a Handy Haversack, Portable Hole, or similar item instantly destroys both items (don't need the astral plane part as that is not automatable).

Honestly, if I ever get where my players obtain one of these bags in a campaign I would love something like that. Chat message popping up for everyone - BAG OF HOLDING OVERLOADED - DESTROYED. Muhahahhhahahahhahahah (cough). Just following the rules really :)

BloatedNikNak
October 8th, 2020, 23:15
Submitted to MNM 3rd Party Updater
NOTE: Changed file name (removing version number). If downloading to update, ensure you delete previous file. This has been done so that updating is easier going forward.

BloatedNikNak
October 8th, 2020, 23:24
I am a rather lazy DM, and if truth be told I've also got a rather unmerciful sense of humor :)

It would be interesting if your extension automatically (for lazy, unmerciful DM's of course) followed the rules on those type of bags...

Specifically: If the bag is overloaded it ruptures and is destroyed, and its contents are scattered in the Astral Plane. Placing a bag of holding inside an extradimensional space created by a Handy Haversack, Portable Hole, or similar item instantly destroys both items (don't need the astral plane part as that is not automatable).

Honestly, if I ever get where my players obtain one of these bags in a campaign I would love something like that. Chat message popping up for everyone - BAG OF HOLDING OVERLOADED - DESTROYED. Muhahahhhahahahhahahah (cough). Just following the rules really :)

I've toyed with implementing this also, and I have had a couple of thoughts on it.

Should I trigger the effect, even if the player has not had the item identified, resulting in "instantly destroying both items and opening a gate to the Astral Plane." - with no apparent explanation to the player.
"If the bag is overloaded, it is destroyed, and its contents are scattered in the Astral Plane" - does this just update the items location in the players inventory to "Astral Plane" or have them deleted from the players inventory, with maybe a chat log of the items that were scattered.

SilentRuin
October 8th, 2020, 23:50
I've toyed with implementing this also, and I have had a couple of thoughts on it.

Should I trigger the effect, even if the player has not had the item identified, resulting in "instantly destroying both items and opening a gate to the Astral Plane." - with no apparent explanation to the player.
"If the bag is overloaded, it is destroyed, and its contents are scattered in the Astral Plane" - does this just update the items location in the players inventory to "Astral Plane" or have them deleted from the players inventory, with maybe a chat log of the items that were scattered.

You cannot automate everything for sure - but automating the destruction with a notification as you stated - or maybe something more amusing and not so literal on the rule wording would be fun. For sure a notification would be required as they would notice the bag "rupture" after dropping the item in. As far as what happens to the actual bag contents you can manually delete that or automate it. I'd make any automatic destruction of the bag optional, also the actual deletion of the bag and its contents optional. You'd have to handle any "chance" of finding things in astral plane manually as the DM though - no way around that.

BloatedNikNak
October 20th, 2020, 22:25
Good day!
Gabe

Hi Gabe,

Quick update for you, my Additional Storage extension is now active on Mad Nomad's 3rd Party Updater

arcanjl
October 21st, 2020, 04:40
So cool! Tyty

dondoepke
October 23rd, 2020, 18:05
Does it only work for a single item? I am testing with a player that has both a Bag and a Haversack, but the additional storage area is only showing the 500 Maximum for the Bag.

BloatedNikNak
October 23rd, 2020, 19:07
Does it only work for a single item? I am testing with a player that has both a Bag and a Haversack, but the additional storage area is only showing the 500 Maximum for the Bag.

Yes it does only work with the one Storage item

warderbrad
November 29th, 2020, 20:07
The biggest issue I see with this method is that if you actually have items that are left at some base or something you lose distinction between them and the items in this bag. How have you dealt with this issue?

BloatedNikNak
November 29th, 2020, 20:21
The biggest issue I see with this method is that if you actually have items that are left at some base or something you lose distinction between them and the items in this bag. How have you dealt with this issue?

How do you deal with this issue when you do not have the extension?

warderbrad
November 29th, 2020, 20:36
I have not found a solution. It is why I was looking for an extension or some other way to handle it.

BloatedNikNak
November 29th, 2020, 20:39
I have not found a solution. It is why I was looking for an extension or some other way to handle it.

What do you mean by "left at some base".

Is that to mean, for example, if your character has a home, and you were to leave some items there?

warderbrad
November 30th, 2020, 04:59
What do you mean by "left at some base".

Is that to mean, for example, if your character has a home, and you were to leave some items there?

That is it exactly. Or a cart and left on it. What I was hoping to see in an extension was maybe new options than just carried, worn, not carried. I was hoping that if there were bags of holding in inventory and identified that it would add another option. Like "in bag" that way you dont worry about confusion and it could keep track of capacity.

If I had the understanding of the program language used I would try to make something myself. The extent of my coding is Visual Basic for macros in Excel.

jfg1984
December 1st, 2020, 17:48
That is it exactly. Or a cart and left on it. What I was hoping to see in an extension was maybe new options than just carried, worn, not carried. I was hoping that if there were bags of holding in inventory and identified that it would add another option. Like "in bag" that way you dont worry about confusion and it could keep track of capacity.

If I had the understanding of the program language used I would try to make something myself. The extent of my coding is Visual Basic for macros in Excel.

For this could you not just make a new location entitled "left at home" or whatever and group your items under that? Or is any item selected as currently not carried being counted towards additional storage space regardless of whether or not it is actually located in your bag of holding or not?

Unrelated, I notice that encumbrance lists its three fields in the following order: (on the far left) Maximum, Lift/Push/Drag ---- Current (on the far right)
However, the extension lists additional storage space as: (on the far left) Current, Remaining ---- Maximum (on the far right)

As a suggestion, wouldn't it look a bit more uniform is the extension listed its additional storage space values as: (on the far lef) Maximum, Remaining --- Current (on the far right)?

That way as you look down the sheet, maximum and current capacities would be grouped on the same columns?

eporrini
December 1st, 2020, 19:07
I use this extension and find it helpful. I only recently noticed the secondary storage/encumbrance tracking shows up on every player regardless of if they have a bag of holding or not. is there a way to only show it on a character sheet if one of the holding items is equipped? Another possibility would be to allow it to be used for off character storage tracking instead of just being unusable?

joltblaster
April 8th, 2021, 02:26
Quick Question, I want to add a coin purse to the extension that can hold up to 3000 coins for a total weight of 300 lb. How do I add that to the LUA and get it to show up in the character sheet. I already have the magic item created but I am getting Current is 10 and Remaining is -10.

BloatedNikNak
April 8th, 2021, 12:45
I use this extension and find it helpful. I only recently noticed the secondary storage/encumbrance tracking shows up on every player regardless of if they have a bag of holding or not. is there a way to only show it on a character sheet if one of the holding items is equipped? Another possibility would be to allow it to be used for off character storage tracking instead of just being unusable?

I will take a look to see if this is something I can implement.
Sorry for the late reply, I must have missed the notification.

BloatedNikNak
April 8th, 2021, 12:54
Quick Question, I want to add a coin purse to the extension that can hold up to 3000 coins for a total weight of 300 lb. How do I add that to the LUA and get it to show up in the character sheet. I already have the magic item created but I am getting Current is 10 and Remaining is -10.

To add the coin purse to the LUA, you first need to change the file extension from .ext to .zip (5E_Additional_Storage.ext to 5E_Additional_Storage.zip)

Once you have done that you will need to extract the zip folder, and within the extracted folder find the "additionalStorage.lua" file. Which is located "5E_Additional_Storage\campaign\scripts".

Using a text editor to edit "additionalStorage.lua" you will see the below code.
You will need to add a new items, item.
eg. items["Magic Coin Purse"] = 300;

I have added it in the below code for you already, so if you wish, you can just copy the code below, and replace everything in the additionalStorage.lua file.

Once you have made the changes you wish to, save the file zip the folder again, and once zipped change the file name extension back from .zip to .ext

function additionalStorage(nodeChar)

local current = 0;
local max = 0;
local remaining = 0;
local NCount, NWeight;
local items = {};

items["Heward's Handy Haversack"] = 120;
items["Handy Handkerchief"] = 250;
items["Portable Hole"] = 3616683;
items["Bag of Holding"] = 500;
items["Greater Bag of Holding"] = 1000;
items["Superior Bag of Holding"] = 2000;
items["Magic Coin Purse"] = 300;

-- Loops through all items in characters inventory.
for _,vNode in pairs(DB.getChildren(nodeChar, "inventorylist")) do
-- Loops through
for item,capacity in pairs(items) do
if item == DB.getValue(vNode, "name", 0) and DB.getValue(vNode, "carried", 0) > 0 and DB.getValue(vNode, "isidentified", 0) == 1 then
max = capacity
end
if item == DB.getValue(vNode, "location", 0) and DB.getValue(vNode, "carried", 0) == 0 then
NCount = DB.getValue(vNode, "count", 0);
if NCount < 1 then
NCount = 1;
end
NWeight = DB.getValue(vNode, "weight", 0);
current = current + (NCount * NWeight);
end
end
remaining = max - current;
end
DB.setValue(nodeChar, "additionalStorage.current", "number", current);
DB.setValue(nodeChar, "additionalStorage.remaining", "number", remaining);
DB.setValue(nodeChar, "additionalStorage.max", "number", max);
end

joltblaster
April 8th, 2021, 17:09
I did something very similar last night. To keep track of the coins I just created a new item that listed the number of the coins since coins are not a 1 coin to 1 lb ratio. I think right now I have it at 1:10 ratio. The players just have to do the conversion from # coins to pounds for each item. I do with there was a way to have separate items listed but I am not sure what level of work that requires.

bmos
April 8th, 2021, 20:44
I did something very similar last night. To keep track of the coins I just created a new item that listed the number of the coins since coins are not a 1 coin to 1 lb ratio. I think right now I have it at 1:10 ratio. The players just have to do the conversion from # coins to pounds for each item. I do with there was a way to have separate items listed but I am not sure what level of work that requires.I think you might want to check out my Coins Weight extension. It can calculate weight of different denominations automatically.

joltblaster
April 8th, 2021, 22:22
Can it do that inside a magical coin purse that weighs 1lb but can hold up to 300 pounds of coins? Also, what is the link to the extension?

bmos
April 8th, 2021, 22:43
Can it do that inside a magical coin purse that weighs 1lb but can hold up to 300 pounds of coins? Also, what is the link to the extension?My Extraplanar Containers (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?67126-PFRPG-Extraplanar-Containers) extension can.
Coins Weight (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?67228-CoreRPG-Coins-Weight).

MCFBrandao
April 9th, 2021, 03:25
This extension is updated?

BaneTBC
April 10th, 2021, 01:25
Not quite sure what your question is pertaining to on "is it updated", I'm using it in current games and haven't had any issues, so it is working. Typically, unless the author decides they want to add additional features, or a game update breaks something, you won't necessary see them updated until they need to do so to restore functionality.

MCFBrandao
April 10th, 2021, 04:47
Not quite sure what your question is pertaining to on "is it updated", I'm using it in current games and haven't had any issues, so it is working. Typically, unless the author decides they want to add additional features, or a game update breaks something, you won't necessary see them updated until they need to do so to restore functionality.

Thank you!

Athinar
December 4th, 2021, 21:38
Is there a Video on how to use this Ext?

Beemanpat
December 4th, 2021, 23:00
Is there a Video on how to use this Ext?

I don't believe there is video showing use. There is some instructions and a picture in post #1. Is there something in particular hanging you up after reading/viewing post #1. Let us know.

Athinar
December 9th, 2021, 00:33
So I have a question, this only works with one Item, so can we create and modify an extension for each bag, pouch, or item we have and rename each extension for that item?

5E_Additional_Storage_Quiver_Ehlonna_Short_Pouch.e xt
5E_Additional_Storage_Quiver_Ehlonna_Midsize_Pouch .ext
5E_Additional_Storage_Quiver_Ehlonna_Large_Pouch.e xt

items["Quiver of Ehlonna Short Pouch"] = 4.5;
items["Quiver of Ehlonna Midsize Pouch"] = 36;
items["Quiver of Ehlonna Large Pouch"] = 24;

But the Quiver does not have a weight associated to it

so that answers my question, but you can if you add up the weight of the Items of each pouch max

Might have to modify the strings_5E.xml for the new name

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1"?>

-<root>

<string name="char_label_additionalStorage">ADDITIONAL STORAGE</string>

<string name="additionalStorage_max">Maximum</string>

<string name="additionalStorage_current">Current</string>

<string name="additionalStorage_remaining">Remaining</string>

</root>

Changed the name for the QUIVER OF EHLONNA SHORT POUCH and the weight is correct, but the others are not showing up, does Fantasy Grounds Unity prevent only one additional Field in the Inventory Tab?

Needs more Modification so all the pouches can be added to >QUIVER OF EHLONNA ADDITIONAL STORAGE<
You

You need to loop thru searching for each Item and add to name the additionalStorage_NewItem then search (Loop) for the inventory, seems easy

EllivasKram
March 3rd, 2022, 23:04
Hi "BloatedNikNak" - I think the latest updates to encumbrance has broken this EXTN. Shame.. But I'm pretty sure no calculations are now performed for 'Additional Storage'

It’s now built into the core I believe encumbrance that is. This extn if fixed to work with core might work with all rulesets if fixed.

If uploaded to the forge I’ll pay for this extn. Making it worth your while and be more visible and used by more people.

BloatedNikNak
March 3rd, 2022, 23:06
Hi "BloatedNikNak" - I think the latest updates to encumbrance has broken this EXTN. Shame.. But I'm pretty sure no calculations are now performed for 'Additional Storage'

Thanks for letting me know. I will take a look when I can

BloatedNikNak
March 4th, 2022, 23:10

It’s now built into the core I believe encumbrance that is. This extn if fixed to work with core might work with all rulesets if fixed.

If uploaded to the forge I’ll pay for this extn. Making it worth your while and be more visible and used by more people.

Funtionality has now been fixed, if you experience any further issues, please let me know.
Please see Post #1 (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?61400-5E-Additional-Storage-(Bag-of-Holding)&p=538579&viewfull=1#post538579) for download.

bmos
March 5th, 2022, 02:59
Funtionality has now been fixed, if you experience any further issues, please let me know.
Please see Post #1 (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?61400-5E-Additional-Storage-(Bag-of-Holding)&p=538579&viewfull=1#post538579) for download.The zip attached to your post is not correct. It has an extra directory level inside it. Instead of zipping the folder that you built your extension inside of, open the folder, select the files inside, and zip them all together.

Nice work on this, btw. It's an impressively straightforward approach (not like the one I made) and probably runs much quicker.

BloatedNikNak
March 5th, 2022, 05:17
The zip attached to your post is not correct. It has an extra directory level inside it. Instead of zipping the folder that you built your extension inside of, open the folder, select the files inside, and zip them all together.

Nice work on this, btw. It's an impressively straightforward approach (not like the one I made) and probably runs much quicker.

Damn. I forgot that was a thing with windows.
I will fix when I get back to PC later today, and post when updated.

bmos
March 5th, 2022, 12:12
Damn. I forgot that was a thing with windows.
I will fix when I get back to PC later today, and post when updated.macOS and Ubuntu do it too IIRC. Definitely quite annoying!

BloatedNikNak
March 5th, 2022, 15:35
macOS and Ubuntu do it too IIRC. Definitely quite annoying!

File has been updated, so pathing will be correct now. Thanks again :)

BloatedNikNak
March 5th, 2022, 16:26
I have just removed the file from post #1 due to a newer update breaking it again.
I will look into what changes need to be made and release again once it has been resolved.

BloatedNikNak
March 8th, 2022, 02:22
Extension has been re-added to post#1

There is a known issue.

When one of the Additional Storage Items (eg. Bag of Holding) is added to a PCs inventory list, the items "identified" button needs to be toggled.
It appears that when an item is added to the list now, it's identified status is either null/undefined instead of being either 0 (not identified) or 1 (identified).

At this stage, I am unsure if this is something that I will need to fix, or if this is something that is a bug with FG, or if it is working as intended.

bmos
March 8th, 2022, 03:18
It appears that when an item is added to the list now, it's identified status is either null/undefined instead of being either 0 (not identified) or 1 (identified).You can fix that pretty simply like this:
DB.getValue(node, "record") will return nil if not found.
DB.getValue(node, "record", 0) will return 0 if not found.
DB.getValue(node, "record", 1) will return 1 if not found.

BloatedNikNak
March 8th, 2022, 13:40
Any thoughts on how to call a function when the ID button is clicked?
As depicted in attachment.

bmos
March 8th, 2022, 21:20
DB.addHandler(DB.getPath("charsheet.*.inventorylist.*.isidentified"), "onUpdate", onItemUpdate)
in your onInit function will call a function titled onItemUpdate whenever an item in a character sheet's inventory has its ID state changed.
getDatabaseNode().getParent() in that function will return nodeItem.

Puniek
July 5th, 2022, 16:24
Hey, I think the Additional Storage calculation at the bottom of inventory is still broken. Checked it, and it's calculating fine when opening the Bag of Holding item, but the overall view at the bottom doesn't react to any changes whatsoever. :<

MrGrisaceo
December 17th, 2023, 06:39
Hello, I would like to make an inquiry about the extension. I have a problem with the calculation of the weight of the bag of holdings. It does not show me the current weight of the objects inside, it only tells me that the maximum and remaining are 500 and the current is 0. Does anyone know how to solve this? Thank you for your attention.

BloatedNikNak
December 17th, 2023, 11:25
Hello, I would like to make an inquiry about the extension. I have a problem with the calculation of the weight of the bag of holdings. It does not show me the current weight of the objects inside, it only tells me that the maximum and remaining are 500 and the current is 0. Does anyone know how to solve this? Thank you for your attention.

The Location name is case sensitive, you have “bag of Holding” instead “Bag of Holding”.

MrGrisaceo
December 17th, 2023, 15:56
Thank you brother! Now it has started to count correctly!! I hadn’t realized that it is case sensitive

BloatedNikNak
December 17th, 2023, 16:19
Thank you brother! Now it has started to count correctly!! I hadn’t realized that it is case sensitive

You’re most welcome 😊

Rixx
April 5th, 2024, 18:03
Any idea why my custom bags of holding, do not work with the extension? They show 0 weight, even thought they are added to the appropriate lua file. When putting items in the bag of holding, it calculates weight right,but its negative since the game things the bag of holding has 0 capacity.

BloatedNikNak
April 5th, 2024, 23:18
Any idea why my custom bags of holding, do not work with the extension? They show 0 weight, even thought they are added to the appropriate lua file. When putting items in the bag of holding, it calculates weight right,but its negative since the game things the bag of holding has 0 capacity.

I'd need a little more information to help you with this.

Could you provide a screen shot of your characters inventory, a list of other extensions that you are using and could you also include the code that you added.

Are you able to confirm that it works with the "Bags" that are there by default?