PDA

View Full Version : Crash on Start up 1.06



idgie
April 30th, 2007, 18:39
After I updated to 2.0.6, FG2 crashed each time I tried to load the Campaign that I had been working on and playing just fine under 2.0.5. I created a copy of my existing campaign folder and was able to launch the campaign without any problems. I didn't make any changes to the folder and can't explain why FG2 continually crashed, but making a copy seemed to fix the problem.

idgie
April 30th, 2007, 19:26
I appologize for my typo in the title, it should be 2.0.6

Ever since updating 2.0.6, FG2 has been crashing for me when I try to load my moduals as a DM. It seems as if the load time is causing the crash, because at random intervals 1 out of 5 loads, the campaign will load fine. I have tried reducing the size and numbers of various files in various folders with the result being the same random crashes. I never had this problem with 2.0.5.

I created a new campaign and began to copy portion by portion over to the new campaign. The result was that FG2 loaded consistantly without a problem. I narrowed the problem to the db file. When I copied it over, the new campaign crashed repeatedly. The file size of the campaing db was 1.4 MB, compared to the blank version of 6 KB.

Dachannien
May 2nd, 2007, 06:10
I've found that sometimes when the game is updated (possibly specifically the d20 ruleset), I have to delete the modulestate.xml file, or else FG will crash after campaign selection but before the FG client actually appears. This occurs after I've set permissions on the default modules.

Goblin-King
May 2nd, 2007, 06:18
For issues like these, getting a look at the mentioned files causing the problems would help in locating the problem. You can e-mail them to us at [email protected]

idgie
May 2nd, 2007, 06:35
I've found that sometimes when the game is updated (possibly specifically the d20 ruleset), I have to delete the modulestate.xml file, or else FG will crash after campaign selection but before the FG client actually appears. This occurs after I've set permissions on the default modules.

Thank you Dachannien, by deleting the modulestate.xml, I was able to get the campaign to launch again.