PDA

View Full Version : LFG 1 Player, Weeknight Tue, Wed, Thurs or Sun CST US Time Zone prefer PF1e/2e or 5E

Longhorn
September 1st, 2020, 22:38
FG License: FGC Standard
Time Zone: US Central Time (UTC-6)
Day(s) of week, frequency, and time: Available Tues, Wed or Thurs evenings and almost anytime on Sunday. Interested in playing once/week or twice/month.
Term: Looking for a long-term group but am open to playing some one-shots especially if it potentially leads to a regular group spot.
Voice: Discord or any other consumer VoIP client

Game System Preferred: Pathfinder 1E/2E or D&D 5E. Currently reading through PF2E CRB and looking to also purchase Starfinder CRB.
Game System Experience: Over 40 years of TTRPG experience - D&D Basic, AD&D 1E/2E, 3E, 3.5E & 5E, Pathfinder 1E (leaning 2E), Traveller, Gamma World, Top Secret, Boot Hill and Twilight 2000.
Fantasy Grounds Experience: About 5 years of experience with FG as a player but most of that was front-loaded in the first couple of years. Played in a couple of 5E games early after its release but have not used the platform in the last year. Catching up on re-learning via FG College.

Character Type Preferred: No specific character type preferred and am open to anything that will help round out a group or fill gaps.

About me: I began my journey into TTRPG’s back in 1979 with the D&D Basic Set. Through high school and college, I expanded into AD&D, Gamma World, Boot Hill and Traveller. After college I did not have as much time to play anymore but I did dabble from time to time with a few groups that mostly played AD&D. I got back into a more regular cadence of active play in the early 2000’s with the release of D&D 3E. Had an active group I played with for about 5 years where I ran a Forgotten Realms campaign. Careers and growing families eventually caused us to stop playing. I stumbled upon FG back around 2015 and was immediately taken with its depth and ability to play online.

My playstyle has matured over the last 40 years. Early on I was more interested in the combat mechanics of game systems. Now as a more mature gamer (just north of 50 ) I tend to look more forward to the communal story-telling aspect of TTRPG with a focus on immersion into a GM’s game world (either homebrew or a published world like Forgotten Reams or Pathfinder’s Golarion). I tend to like a 50/50 to 70/30 split between Combat and Role-Playing. I feel like I missed out on the whole Pathfinder phenomenon as I took a break right after 3.5 and completely skipped 4E so would love to immerse myself into a deep Pathfinder game world. While I consider myself an older gamer and really enjoy adult-themed game content (Horror & Mystery especially) I miss the group camaraderie aspect of sitting around a table (virtually) and enjoying the company of like-minded gamers and sharing in the fun of the adventure.

Rumsar
September 2nd, 2020, 01:22
I got a Monster Hunter style game with an opening if your interested

Game time is every Thursday from 7-10PM EST
Setting is very Homebrew with custom Magic system, Cooking, Healing, Leveling, and other Mechanics.
No real BBEG but the monsters hit like a truck and Death is a real thing.
The central focus is focusing around funds and what to do with what you have.

Let me know if your interested.