PDA

View Full Version : Question about having a "Battle Royale" to acquaint the PCs with FG combat

SmackDaddy
September 1st, 2020, 19:45
So, basically, I want to have an Arena or Colosseum style map (maybe something different where there are places to take cover or hide) where the players can face off with each other or maybe a common enemy. I am using the Unity client and the D&D 5e ruleset.

I don't want the other players to be able to see each other when they first begin (i.e. if they are all against each other, they will each be hostile to one another and in places they initially will not see anyone else). Using LOS and FOW, how can I set this up so they only see their character on their turn, but not see the others when the others take their turn? Is this possible to do with Unity and LOS/FOW? Basically I want them to be surprised when they do encounter another player.

Thank you in advance for your time.

LordEntrails
September 1st, 2020, 20:11
The option Party Vision defaults to Off, leave it off. Then players can only see the LOS for their own tokens.

There was a Battle Royale extension or two that have been posted at various times (always for FGC?), but they have never been supported by the developer(s) that posted them and not even sure they still work in any way. But with the party vision option and LOS, not sure you need one anymore

darrenan
September 1st, 2020, 22:01
Tangentially related, are you aware of this: 5E Team Deathmatch (https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/265902/5th-Edition-Team-Deathmatch)

I could never get my players interested in it, but I've always thought it would be fun to try.