PDA

View Full Version : Ruleset Wizard - The new Ruleset development environment

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

psicodelix
September 1st, 2020, 11:24
hello,

It has been quite a while, but I am happy to announce that Ruleset Wizard is finally a reality.

There are still many tests to be done, errors to be corrected and many things to be improved, but the application is stable and allows to generate extensions with multiple types of controls and options.

I've published a website to keep track of the project. There you can find my development blog, with example video tutorials of the main functions. You can get all the info at www.rulesetwizard.com (https://www.rulesetwizard.com).

The application is still under development, so it's not ready to be launched, but if any of you want to support the project you can do it by signing up for the early access program, and get access to the beta version.

Here you can see a presentation video of the project:

https://youtu.be/gLkGjHi5u3Y

NotRussellCrowe
September 1st, 2020, 12:28
This looks fantastic!

Zacchaeus
September 1st, 2020, 12:36
Very nice

Valyar
September 1st, 2020, 13:20
This is awesome.
Price-tag is interesting though... Do you have list of features you plan to put in the product?

Kelrugem
September 1st, 2020, 13:35
Wow, that is cool :)

LordEntrails
September 1st, 2020, 16:24
MOD: Moved to new sub-forum for Paid Creations.

Sounds promising. Will be excited to see how this progresses :)

psicodelix
September 3rd, 2020, 22:23
A quick update, some minor bug fixes and improvements, and added a free demo version. Now you can try Ruleset Wizard for free (https://www.rulesetwizard.com/index.php/get-ruleset-wizard/).

Enjoy.

psicodelix
September 4th, 2020, 23:50
Here is a new video tutorial to show how to make desktop panels with Ruleset Wizard:

https://www.rulesetwizard.com/index.php/2020/09/05/desktop-panels/

Tel Arin
September 6th, 2020, 14:52
Saludos psicodelix, me alegro que vuelvas a la carga con este ruleset wizard :o

psicodelix
September 7th, 2020, 07:01
Saludos psicodelix, me alegro que vuelvas a la carga con este ruleset wizard :o

Gracias!:D

psicodelix
September 7th, 2020, 07:03
Hi,

In my latest video you will learn how to use the Counter List control (aka: Ammo counter). Enjoy:

https://www.rulesetwizard.com/index.php/2020/09/06/the-counter-list-control/

psicodelix
September 8th, 2020, 07:36
Here is a new video tutorial, how to make a rollable total field:

https://www.rulesetwizard.com/index.php/2020/09/08/making-of-a-rollable-total-field/

Enjoy.

mattekure
September 8th, 2020, 22:33
I am really enjoying this. I've been playing around with it all day.

Where is the best place/way to submit feedback on the app itself? Here or is there a discord or some other location?

Today I noticed that the windows were not honoring the width parameter when loaded. After cracking open the generated xml, I saw that the width parameter was misspelled.

https://imgur.com/871YyU0.jpg

Also, I noticed that the window minimum size did not appear to be recorded in the xml.

https://imgur.com/rTmOYXS.jpg

psicodelix
September 9th, 2020, 06:59
Hi mattekure,

Thanks for your report, I'm glad you're enjoying the program. For the moment you can post your feedback here.

I will add these corrections in the next hotfix which will be ready in the next few days. You will receive the update as soon as it is released.

I'm thinking about my next video tutorial. Are there any controls you find particularly confusing for me to talk about?

mattekure
September 9th, 2020, 11:44
I havent played around yet with all of the controls. One thing I wasnt sure how to do is to add a header with the standard close, lock/unlock, name that is common for nearly all record types. Also, for windows that allow resize, how do I add the little resize icon in the bottom right corner?

For the dropdown list, is the dropdown always sorted alphabetically? Is there any way to get it to sort in a specific order? In my example project I had a dropdown that had a movie rating, G, PG, etc. But when sorted alphabetically, they were all out of order, G, NC-17, Other, PG, etc.

Also, can you add the Multilinespacing for the labels control? Right now it would only allow a single line, but labels do support multiline.

psicodelix
September 9th, 2020, 21:09
The dropdown has an "unsorted" property that causes the elements to be displayed in the order in which they were created. I will add this property in the next revision. I will also add multiline for the labels.

For the header text you can use the "Window title" property.

For the resize icon, the easiest way is adding a Custom control with the custom class name "resize", and anchor it to the right bottom, but you can add a simple icon likewise.

And for the close button you can use another custom control with the custom class name "close_base", anchoring to the top right.

Maybe I could add specific properties to the Window to handle these common controls, I'll think about it.

mattekure
September 10th, 2020, 18:50
A few enhancement requests.

Could line numbering be added to the text editing areas like the lua coding and manual xml files?

Could you add a new primitive for adding fonts. It would need a way to add the font ttf file, and generate the xml to add the font. If this is possible, having it added to the font dropdown list for the various text controls would be awesome. If not, then adding the ability to type in the new defined font name instead of picking from the dropdown.

psicodelix
September 10th, 2020, 21:47
you are a big fan of fonts, aren't you? :)

I'll tell you a secret. There is a hidden button in the Wizard:

At some point the wizard will include a font editor like the one you have described. In the meantime, I could allow the property to accept other fonts in addition to those on the list.

I will add the line numbering in the next revision.

esmdev
September 10th, 2020, 21:58

At some point the wizard will include a font editor like the one you have described. In the meantime, I could allow the property to accept other fonts in addition to those on the list.

I think strong font support would be a big deal, I would probably want to match fonts to the norm for the game being converted.

psicodelix
September 10th, 2020, 22:21
I think strong font support would be a big deal, I would probably want to match fonts to the norm for the game being converted.

Okay, the community has spoken, I will prioritize the font editor for the next big review.

psicodelix
September 10th, 2020, 22:24
There is a new update!

version 0.2.4
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
- Fixed Window properties MaxHeight, MaxWidth, MinHeight, MinWidth, not being rendered
- Fixed typo in Window property Width
- Added Sorted property to Dropdown list
- Added Multiline Spacing property to Label
- Changed render mode of Label control to properly show multiline

mattekure
September 11th, 2020, 02:45

LOL, while yes, I am a fan of fonts and have a number of font extensions available here on the forums. I am more interested in having the ability to almost never edit xml directly ;)

I agree with the other poster that having a font utility will really help developers get the look they want.

A couple of other things I was thinking about. Currently, the extensions it outputs are only for CoreRPG. Any chance you could add in the ability to select the rulesets that the extension is intended for? So if I want to make a 5e extension, I dont have to manually go into it after creating it to change it so it loads in 5e.

One other item that isnt directly related to editing properties, but it would be very nice to have the ability to add comments to the xml and lua files generated so that copyright notices can be included.

psicodelix
September 11th, 2020, 15:19
New quick update

version 0.2.5
- Allow custom values for dropdown properties: font, frame, advanced template, icons
- Added line numbering to Lua editors.
- Added tab in Ruleset Properties to enter the list of rulesets for which the extension will be available

enjoy

mattekure
September 11th, 2020, 15:59
For the 0.24 update I got an email. Is there an email for every update or will the links in a previous email take you to the newest update version?

Or is there another preferred method I can use to get the latest update?

psicodelix
September 11th, 2020, 22:05
the link is the same for all updates (at the moment), the email is sent so you have an instant notification of the update and its link, but you can use any other link.

psicodelix
September 12th, 2020, 00:13
Hi,

Just uploaded a new video to show how to create a tabbed interface with the Horizontal Tabs control:

https://www.rulesetwizard.com/the-horizontal-tabs-control/

enjoy.

mattekure
September 12th, 2020, 01:34
In the release notes you mention adding a tab in ruleset properties. I cant find it.

psicodelix
September 12th, 2020, 09:39
You can access Ruleset properties double clicking on the ruleset node:

https://i.imgur.com/2MTur7w.png

mattekure
September 12th, 2020, 23:01
I found my problem. Apparently the application did not like being installed over itself. When I ran the installer, it appeared to change the version number, but the application itself did not update. When I fully uninstalled it and reinstalled it, it worked fine.

psicodelix
September 13th, 2020, 02:02
Ok, I'll fix it in the next update.

noalco
September 13th, 2020, 10:12
Hello everybody,

Thank you Psicodelix for your contribution with the Ruleset Magic program, it will help us very much with the ruleset design. I have just installed the program and I haven't proved it a lot, but it has very good prospects. I am following your videos as training, I hope be a ruleset designer in some days ;) ;) ;)

One question: Is there some way to copy an XML code in order to charge an existing element? For instance, I want to add a number box to the encounter PF2 window. Could i charge the window XML file and then using the Ruleset Wizard to add the number box? I have create a new XML file in my project but I do not know how to charge it in the graphic interface.

Thank you in advance.

psicodelix
September 14th, 2020, 07:38
Hi Noalco,

you have 2 options. You could add a XML file to your project and add your custom code to it, or you could use the window editor.

To use the window editor you have to create the battle_header window class, set the property merge to "join" and add your new control in the desired position. You can use its "insert before control" property too if neccesary.

I will make a video about that at some point, but in the meantime I've attached an example.

psicodelix
September 15th, 2020, 09:28
Font Editor work in progress...

https://i.imgur.com/ebA0s4M.png

noalco
September 15th, 2020, 09:46
Hi Noalco,

you have 2 options. You could add a XML file to your project and add your custom code to it, or you could use the window editor.

To use the window editor you have to create the battle_header window class, set the property merge to "join" and add your new control in the desired position. You can use its "insert before control" property too if neccesary.

I will make a video about that at some point, but in the meantime I've attached an example.

Ok, understand, I have already done and it works. Thank you!!

mattekure
September 15th, 2020, 13:26
Font Editor work in progress...

https://i.imgur.com/ebA0s4M.png

Ooh, thats looking great. looking forward to it.

psicodelix
September 18th, 2020, 22:46
Hi,

Today has been released the version 0.3.0, which includes the expected font editor.

You can get all the info and watch a demo video in my development blog:

https://www.rulesetwizard.com/new-major-update-the-font-editor/

mattekure
September 18th, 2020, 23:23
I love the new font editor. Thank you so much for adding it! I am already creating an extended fantasy fonts ext for people who want more fonts for spoken languages. This makes it so much easier.

mattekure
September 19th, 2020, 01:08
I am having an issue where it crashes after exporting.

psicodelix
September 19th, 2020, 08:03
could you send me your rwp file to check it out?

mattekure
September 19th, 2020, 14:35

Here is the rwp file and the fonts it references.

mattekure
September 19th, 2020, 14:55

EDIT* Duplicate post

psicodelix
September 19th, 2020, 15:44
hmmm... I'm not getting any crash and the extension generated is correct.

do you get the crash after the extension is generated? could it be a problem related to your font path?

mattekure
September 19th, 2020, 18:54
hmmm... I'm not getting any crash and the extension generated is correct.

do you get the crash after the extension is generated? could it be a problem related to your font path?

Initially it was generating the extension and then crashing. Now its crashing without generating an extension. I will recheck all of the file paths.

mattekure
September 19th, 2020, 19:25
hmm, it seems to be something specific to that project. I'll try again and see if I messed something up along the way. It all looks right to me, but who knows.

psicodelix
September 19th, 2020, 21:27
it could be, there have been changes in the structure of the properties in this release, but it should not cause crashes. Let me know if you encounter further issues.

psicodelix
September 23rd, 2020, 18:57
Today there is a new Ruleset Wizard update. Version 0.3.1 comes with a nice bundle of improvements:

- Added support for copy and paste controls between windows.
- Added StringCycler control
- Added Comments property to windows
- Added Comments section to Ruleset properties
- Added Load Order field to Ruleset properties
- Fixed rendering of Label with Centered text

Enjoy.

noalco
September 24th, 2020, 10:56
Hello everybody,

I have done all the tutorials, and I have learned a lot about the Ruleset Wizard. I have realized that it would have been great for me in the past when I was implementing some homerules extensions :D:D:D Now I only have to fight with the FG inner structure but the graphical interface is very easy to do with this program.

However, not everything was going to be perfect ;). Don't worry, I have found only a couple of possible minor improvements:
- All text and buttons in the "Custom Properties" window are in Spanish. This is not a problem for me, I am Spanish (as you know ;) ) but I think that not Spanish speaking people will appreciate if this window is in English.
- When you are doing a project and select "Create new Ruleset", the program asks you if you want to save the current project. However, if you select "Open Ruleset", it doesn't ask you if you want to save the current one. I think it must ask you too as the "Create new Ruleset" button does.

Thank you and good work ;)

psicodelix
September 24th, 2020, 14:04
Hi Noalco, thank you for your comments. About your questions:

The custom properties editor, and common open / save dialog as well, are standard system controls, so it's features are inherited from the operating system and it's messages should be showed in the user's language (However, I have not tried installations in other languages).

You're right, it should ask for saving before open another project, I'll fix it in the next update.

mattekure
September 24th, 2020, 18:22
I can confirm, I am in the US and all of the properties, dialogs, etc are in english.

psicodelix
September 24th, 2020, 19:26
Okay, thanks for the confirmation.

On the way to version 0.3.2. Are there any features you miss in the current version? or is there any feature that needs further clarification?

mattekure
September 24th, 2020, 20:28
I'm still having crashes on export. I tried various things to narrow it down. I have attached the examples here.

The file Font30.rwp has all of the fonts added. It will export just fine.

The file ExtendedLanguageFonts.rwp is a copy of the Font30.rwp file, with 1 script file added. When I try to compile this, it crashes.

psicodelix
September 24th, 2020, 21:01
Hi,

I've tested your attached projects and it worked fine.

To try to narrow the problem please check this, after the crash look for this folder:

C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Local\Temp\RulesetWizard\ExtendedLanguage Fonts\

This folder is used by the wizard to create the extension file structure prior to the packing. Check if all the files exists in the folder of if there are some missing.

Maybe the folder already exists when you generate the extension, try to delete the folder before compiling.

mattekure
September 24th, 2020, 22:29
Ah, that worked. I went in and deleted everything in there. It appears one of the fonts was marked as Read Only somehow. Once I totally cleared that folder, it exported fine.

Thanks!

psicodelix
September 24th, 2020, 22:40
Great!

mattekure
September 25th, 2020, 12:48

On the way to version 0.3.2. Are there any features you miss in the current version? or is there any feature that needs further clarification?

could you add the ability to include a generic text file. The file does not need to generate xml in the output extension, but just be included in the exported extension. My intention is to use this file as a copyright notice, or other important notes.

mattekure
September 25th, 2020, 16:05
Found a minor misspelling in the save dialog.

https://imgur.com/DIVQ5EX.jpg

mattekure
September 25th, 2020, 16:35

Another suggestion for inclusion is a strings editor that creates a string.xml type file with names of strings and the values they contain, and allow controls like labels and such to use them as a text reference.

psicodelix
September 25th, 2020, 21:30
Ok, I'll work on it.

darrenan
September 25th, 2020, 22:12
Yeah, +1 here on adding string resources

mattekure
September 26th, 2020, 14:00
One more suggestion, make it possible to somehow include the version number in the announcement on load. When I am helping someone with an issue, thats the only way they have of knowing what version of the extension they are using.

Astaroshe
September 26th, 2020, 17:52
I wonder do you plan to implement some sort of import-function for exsisting (not encrypted) rulesets? As far as I can see you'd only be able to open projects that one already made, which means if someone wanted to do adjustments to existing extension/rulesets he would have to rebuild it completly?

psicodelix
September 26th, 2020, 21:10
One more suggestion, make it possible to somehow include the version number in the announcement on load. When I am helping someone with an issue, thats the only way they have of knowing what version of the extension they are using.

Ok, I'll include an announcement text option in the next revision.

psicodelix
September 26th, 2020, 21:13
I wonder do you plan to implement some sort of import-function for exsisting (not encrypted) rulesets? As far as I can see you'd only be able to open projects that one already made, which means if someone wanted to do adjustments to existing extension/rulesets he would have to rebuild it completly?

Absolutely, but that feature will come in the later stages of development, when all the basic functions are completed.

psicodelix
September 29th, 2020, 07:21
There is a new update!

version 0.3.2
- Ask for saving current project before opening a new project.
- Make extension generation process crash-proof.
- Fixed typo in save project dialog
- Fixed error on opening editors with same name from ruleset explorer
- Added Register Script property to Script files
- Added Announcement to Ruleset Properties
- Added Find/Replace dialog to Script Editor and XML Editor.
- Added Parent Element property to custom properties.

You can get all the info in my development blog (https://www.rulesetwizard.com/blog/).

About text resource capability, it will be included in the next weekly update.

psicodelix
October 2nd, 2020, 22:47
There is a new update!

version 0.3.3
- Use of string resources instead of literals in all the ruleset controls

You can get all the info in my development blog (https://www.rulesetwizard.com/blog/).

drvolk
October 3rd, 2020, 13:41
There is a new update!

version 0.3.3

Thank you so much!

Oberoten
October 4th, 2020, 19:21
There is a new update!

version 0.3.3

I found a potential problem testing the wizard with FGUnity.
Not a bug but a change in behaviour between FGC and FGU. Stringfields no longer show up static-assignments (which is how the label-function for creating a window works in the Ruleset Wizard) and Jpg recomends we use the StringControl instead.

Ah, I see what is happening.

In FGU, I see that I had updated the static tag to not be used for fields that are database-linked. This is because these fields would be overwritten every time the window is opened in the database, instead of storing any data changes between sessions. It creates a problematic situation in usage, so I disabled "static" for database-linked stringfields to keep this from being done inadvertently. Static will only work for stringcontrols right now.

Changing any stringfield using a static tag to stringcontrol will actually speed up your window creation times, since they no longer need to create and manage database links.

Regards,
JPG

- Obe

psicodelix
October 5th, 2020, 07:00
Thanks for the notice Obe, i'll check it out.

psicodelix
October 7th, 2020, 07:33
There is a new update!

version 0.3.4
- Change the use of stringfields to stringcontrols in Labels to ensure FGU compatibility
- Fixed a crash when there were special characters in the name of a control
- Add a Compilation option to Ruleset properties to allow you to generate an Extension or a standalone Ruleset

psicodelix
October 21st, 2020, 07:30
There is a new update!

version 0.3.6
- Fixed a crash when when there were 2 controls with the same name in a window
- New feature: Add Content from another Project

damned
October 22nd, 2020, 01:01
Ive subbed but havent had a chance to test it out...

psicodelix
October 22nd, 2020, 07:22
Ok, don't worry. The fastest way to know the Wizard is watching my tutorials, very short videos with many practical examples of use.

Here is a list of all of them:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLSaS6dEtuko9b9rxIC_Xvgfk616me59yE

psicodelix
October 24th, 2020, 05:51
Hi all,

I just uploaded a new video tutorial on how to use an exciting advanced feature, Window and control merging:

https://www.rulesetwizard.com/merging-windows-and-controls/

Enjoy!

Lensman
October 25th, 2020, 12:10
I'm writing because I'm running into a roadblock using the software, and wanted to ask for your help.

One of the main things I'm trying to do with the software is re-create a few sheets from other games. Attached, you will find a sample of one of the sheets I have in mind.

My original thought is to take the sheet, and use it as a background image, so that I have a guide for location, size and spacing for items such as the fields, buttons, text areas, etc. Once the fields are setup, I can remove the background image and replace it with only the border. this should allow the created fields to remain in place, while keeping the overall aesthetic that I want for the ruleset (see picture below):

So far, I have not found a way to do this, and have been flailing around with the program - I have a mental image of what I want, but haven't been able to load the image within the Ruleset Wizard.

Can you offer any help with this?

Thanks for reading!

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Lensman.

Lensman
October 25th, 2020, 12:12
Is it possible to use a custom image for the Fantasy Grounds Desktop, as well as creating a set of custom decals?

I have used the GMW Campaign Toolkit, but I'm wondering if there is a way to import or combine a file created with this program into the finished file for the ruleset wizard. The end result would be one file that would act as an extension containing a combination of both files, as opposed to having to load 2 separate files...

Any help is appreciated!
Thanks for reading,
Lensman

psicodelix
October 25th, 2020, 13:21
I'm writing because I'm running into a roadblock using the software, and wanted to ask for your help.

My original thought is to take the sheet, and use it as a background image, so that I have a guide for location, size and spacing for items such as the fields, buttons, text areas, etc. Once the fields are setup, I can remove the background image and replace it with only the border. this should allow the created fields to remain in place, while keeping the overall aesthetic that I want for the ruleset (see picture below):

Hi Lensman, that is easy, follow these steps:

- Add a new frame to your project, select your template image as Frame image and set the offset to 0,0,0,0 (the default)
- Close the frame editor window, so the wizard will add it to the global frame list
- Go to your character sheet window and select the new frame in the "frame" property

psicodelix
October 25th, 2020, 19:03
Is it possible to use a custom image for the Fantasy Grounds Desktop, as well as creating a set of custom decals?

I have used the GMW Campaign Toolkit, but I'm wondering if there is a way to import or combine a file created with this program into the finished file for the ruleset wizard. The end result would be one file that would act as an extension containing a combination of both files, as opposed to having to load 2 separate files...

Any help is appreciated!
Thanks for reading,
Lensman

To change the desktop you can add a new frame to your project and name it desktop, so you will replace the default desktop frame.

CoreRGP allows you to add your own desktop decals. To do this you must:

- Add a new Icon to your project.
- Add a new script to your project, add an onInit function to it and call the OptionsManager.addOptionValue function to register a new DDCL (Desktop Decal) parameter.

Example:

function onInit()
OptionsManager.addOptionValue("DDCL", "Ruleset Wizard", "NewIcon", false);
end

Hope this helps.

psicodelix
October 28th, 2020, 09:23
There is a new update!

version 0.3.7
- New feature: Lock/Unlock controls in Window designer.
- Added Custom Anchoring property to windows controls
- LUA editor in Window designer set expanded by default

Gwydion
October 28th, 2020, 14:57
Hey psicodelix! I've dabbled with extensions by building on what others have done and cracked open morecore and made very minor tweaks but I don't have a coding background. I'm still interested in buying the ruleset wizard and trying to build some custom rulesets. Do you think it is possible for me to do that without a coding background? I've thought about taking some basic online lua courses. Just curious...

psicodelix
October 28th, 2020, 16:18
Hi Gwydion,

Ruleset Wizard can help you make character sheets with very basic automation without the need to know xml or lua, but reaching some levels of automation in a ruleset is a challenging task, and the program can't do this for you. Besides learning the LUA language you will need to know well the Fantasy Grounds internal object model.

If you really want to learn how to make your own rulesets the Wizard is the easiest way to start, as it helps you get through the initial stages of creating the ruleset, and exposes you to most of the available options and properties in a clear way. You can also learn by opening the rulesets generated with the wizard and seeing how the program does things, but developing at a high level will take you quite some time.

In any case, first of all, I recommend you to download the demo, watch the video tutorials (https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLSaS6dEtuko9b9rxIC_Xvgfk616me59yE) and do some tests by yourself.

Gwydion
October 28th, 2020, 16:27
Got it. Appreciate the explanation and makes sense. There is no silver bullet so to speak.... I just need to dive in if I really want to get there...

psicodelix
October 31st, 2020, 00:07
Hi,

for those of you interested in modifying the combat tracker, I have just published a post with an example:

https://www.rulesetwizard.com/advanced-merging-example-the-combat-tracker/

Lensman
November 3rd, 2020, 08:05
LOL, while yes, I am a fan of fonts and have a number of font extensions available here on the forums. I am more interested in having the ability to almost never edit xml directly ;)

I agree with the other poster that having a font utility will really help developers get the look they want.

A couple of other things I was thinking about. Currently, the extensions it outputs are only for CoreRPG. Any chance you could add in the ability to select the rulesets that the extension is intended for? So if I want to make a 5e extension, I dont have to manually go into it after creating it to change it so it loads in 5e.

One other item that isnt directly related to editing properties, but it would be very nice to have the ability to add comments to the xml and lua files generated so that copyright notices can be included.

I am also going to request a font utility!! thank you for all your hard work!

Lensman
November 3rd, 2020, 08:26
Absolutely, but that feature will come in the later stages of development, when all the basic functions are completed.

Glad to see you are planning this feature - I am really looking forward to being able to edit an existing extension and/or ruleset. :)

Oberoten
November 3rd, 2020, 11:16
Hey psicodelix! I've dabbled with extensions by building on what others have done and cracked open morecore and made very minor tweaks but I don't have a coding background. I'm still interested in buying the ruleset wizard and trying to build some custom rulesets. Do you think it is possible for me to do that without a coding background? I've thought about taking some basic online lua courses. Just curious...

Speaking as a VERY satisfied buyer, this is probably THE best place to begin. Still as Psicodelix said, it will take some work and study to do full automation. But for a basic ruleset, reskinning etc it really is amazing. I am currently hacking and stabbing my way towards a WH 4e Ruleset on it...

damned
November 8th, 2020, 06:43
Hi Alberto - Ive been testing it out for a couple of hours. Some real promise here.

Could you explain the anchoring setup please? Mostly for anchoring things like a scrollbar to a list etc?

Feature requests:
Ability in Dice rolling fields to reference other fields in the gui: eg 2d6+skill_bonus
Ability to build lists. At the moment I wrote a list and added New XML file

From my experience using so far I think you still need a half decent idea of how FG works and what things are called to make use of this effectively but it certainly could make some things much easier.

damned
November 8th, 2020, 09:27
Ive been whipping up what will (hopefully) be a fairly quick ruleset for a Fighting Fantasy clone.
I havent as yet nutted out a way to remove tabs.
I cant see/edit the generated xml.
So far ive only been able to add a New XML file and do it all in the XML and so do no editing in RW.

damned
November 8th, 2020, 13:32
This is what i have built so far - i dont know if it would have been quicker to just do it externally - but as the product matures that equation will improve.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=40914

psicodelix
November 9th, 2020, 07:57
Hello Damian, thank you very much for your comments.

a new dice rolling engine would be an interesting feature, I will work on it.

About the Wizard's anchoring philosophy, it uses a different approach than Smite Works usually uses, one more suitable to a WYSIWYG (What you see is what you get) environment, and easier to understand (IMO) for beginners. This video explains it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oyHfGbOXZF0&list=PLSaS6dEtuko9b9rxIC_Xvgfk616me59yE&index=3

About the construction of lists, there is the Window List control, the following video explains its use, with an example of scrollbar anchoring too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qKJa0bM2jj4&list=PLSaS6dEtuko9b9rxIC_Xvgfk616me59yE&index=7

To remove the tabs from the sheet follow the next steps:

- Create a new window and name it charsheet. Set the property merge to join.
- Add a Custom control, set its Name property to "tabs" and the Merge property to "delete"

The application is not ready to edit the generated XML code, because the modifications would not be maintained after making changes in the designer. If you want to see the generated code, the Wizard leaves a copy in your temporary folder, usually in

c:\Users\[username]\AppData\Local\Temp\[RulesetName]\

In the future I would like to incorporate features to help with teamwork and source code control.

You are right that to develop more than just a basic sheet requires a high level of knowledge of how things work in CoreRPG. The structure of CoreRPG is quite complex, and can be overwhelming for those who are starting to tinker with rulesets. My next goal is to create a complete model of CoreRPG, developed with the Wizard, that will serve as an easier starting point for beginners.

psicodelix
November 9th, 2020, 07:59
This is what i have built so far - i dont know if it would have been quicker to just do it externally - but as the product matures that equation will improve.

Very nice example!

damned
November 9th, 2020, 10:59
Hi psicodelix

I have watched all the videos.
I hadnt seen your newer tutorials where you have provided some more detail to the silent movies :bandit:
These make the videos much more useful - for example this screenshot tells me more than the videos and answers one of my questions.

https://www.rulesetwizard.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/10/image-8-1024x666.png

More doco on the parameters in each object would be great.

For the dice rolling - all fields are properly named - it would be great to be able to reference them in the dice string. That would make that much more powerful.
taking it a step farther you could possibly reference things like targets... :ninja:

Lensman
November 11th, 2020, 07:18
Hi psicodelix

I have watched all the videos.
I hadnt seen your newer tutorials where you have provided some more detail to the silent movies :bandit:
These make the videos much more useful - for example this screenshot tells me more than the videos and answers one of my questions.

https://www.rulesetwizard.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/10/image-8-1024x666.png

More doco on the parameters in each object would be great.

For the dice rolling - all fields are properly named - it would be great to be able to reference them in the dice string. That would make that much more powerful.
taking it a step farther you could possibly reference things like targets... :ninja:

THIS!!!
this addition would be much appreciated.

Lensman
November 11th, 2020, 07:23
Need some help.

I'm creating a unique window as part of my extension. While I have the window created and saved, I am not sure what the coding would be to create a new sidebar button on the fantasy grounds, desktop. Can anyone help with this?

The second option I have for doing this is to add a button to an existing sheet, (say the clans or merits pages in the VTM5TH ruleset).

If anyone could provide an example of the code needed for this, and/or the steps to take in ruleset wizard, I would be grateful....
Lensman

psicodelix
November 11th, 2020, 11:10
Hi Lensman,

the easiest way is adding a new button to the Desktop stack buttons (upper small buttons). The sidebar buttons are far more complex, and record list oriented. You can also add a desktop panel with a button (there is an example in my videos).

Attached is a sample project with a desktop button.

psicodelix
November 12th, 2020, 14:07
There is a new update!

version 0.3.8
- The LUA code of a control was not copied when creating duplicates of that control. Fixed.
- Fixed a crash opening project files with missing icon files
- Allow find and replace in Window controls' LUA Editor
- Avoid window control selection reset on project save
- Don't prompt for overwrite when generating ruleset/extension files
- Added a session log to main window
- Prevent collapse of root node in Ruleset Explorer
- Add anchoring properties to window panels

Oberoten
November 12th, 2020, 14:38
Found a small error on 0.3.7 that might be of interest for 0.3.8 as well :
Create an icon, assign graphics to the icon.
Proceed to delete the icon from the tree.

FG throws an error, I look into the code and the assignment for graphics is still in the .pak file even after generating a fresh one.
Work-around for anyone else that needs/wants it is so far to create the icon again and just don't use it. At the least it stops the error message in FG.

- Obe

Oberoten
November 12th, 2020, 14:41
Aaaand, nevermind. The problem is no longer there for 0.3.8 :)

-Obe

psicodelix
November 12th, 2020, 14:44
Aaaand, nevermind. The problem is no longer there for 0.3.8 :)

-Obe

Great! thank you for the report anyway

damned
November 15th, 2020, 13:44
Hi psicodelix

I would like to add extra values to the NPC sheet.

I have tried various InsertBeforeControl values but to no avail yet.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=41145

psicodelix
November 15th, 2020, 16:30
Yes, the problem there is that NPC window (like combat tracker) make use of relative anchoring to make the controls grow down with their content and stack. So, to make room for your own controls you have to insert another control with the same relative anchoring, to push down the rest.

To do this you can insert a Custom Control, set the Custom anchoring properties as required by the current definition of the npc_main window class, and set the Insert before control to indicate the place you want to make room.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=41149&stc=1&d=1605457686

Custom Anchoring is a property created to solve this kind of complex anchorage scenarios with existing controls, however its use overrides the default positioning and anchoring used by the wizard for the control, so it goes against the general WYSIWYG philosophy of the wizard and you have to dig into the CoreRPG windowclass code to find out how to use it correctly.

I'm currently looking for a way to simplify these types of modifications.

Attached is an sample project.

Tell me if you have more questions.

damned
November 15th, 2020, 21:09
Many thanks psicodelix

Alternatively if I wanted to recreate the NPC sheet completely in the Wizard how would you attach these scripts (from CoreRPG)

Line 22: <script file="campaign/scripts/npc.lua" />
Line 64: <script file="campaign/scripts/npc_header.lua" />
Line 105: <script file="campaign/scripts/npc_main.lua" />
Line 139: <script file="campaign/scripts/npc_roll.lua" />

Naurthoron
November 15th, 2020, 21:39
The project is interesting seems promising. I was wondering if it would already support using a picture as background for the character sheet defining then boxes for variables and values to use in LUA scripting? I have tried the demo but was unable to try this.

damned
November 15th, 2020, 21:42
yes you can use a picture as a background.
first define the picture as a frame and then you can use it.

you can place number fields where you want them and use them for scripting yes.

Naurthoron
November 15th, 2020, 21:52
Thank you damned, this is really nice.

psicodelix
November 16th, 2020, 07:26
Many thanks psicodelix

Alternatively if I wanted to recreate the NPC sheet completely in the Wizard how would you attach these scripts (from CoreRPG)

Line 22: <script file="campaign/scripts/npc.lua" />
Line 64: <script file="campaign/scripts/npc_header.lua" />
Line 105: <script file="campaign/scripts/npc_main.lua" />
Line 139: <script file="campaign/scripts/npc_roll.lua" />

You can use a Custom property to do this:

I've found and fixed an error answering this, so make sure to download and install the latest 0.3.9 version before testing it.

damned
November 20th, 2020, 21:39
Using the Combat tracker example extension I see the following in

[11/21/2020 12:03:51 AM] [WARNING] window: Unable to locate control (activateeffects) specified in insertbefore attribute for control (link) in windowclass (ct_entry)
[11/21/2020 12:03:51 AM] [WARNING] window: Unable to locate control (targetingicon) specified in insertbefore attribute for control (name) in windowclass (ct_entry)
[11/21/2020 12:03:51 AM] [WARNING] window: Unable to locate control (targetingicon) specified in insertbefore attribute for control (nonid_name) in windowclass (ct_entry)

I dont see any issue with the code generated but it is causing some warnings/errors and the link_ct_entry hides behind activateeffects making it unclickable.

psicodelix
November 20th, 2020, 22:26
Ok, in fact the ct_entry window class uses two relative anchor controls, top and right, and in the example I only created the upper anchor. Another custom control is needed to set the relative right reference for the other controls. Attached is the example updated.

psicodelix
November 20th, 2020, 22:31
I'm currently working on some options to allow an easier redesign of complex windows like combat tracker and NPC sheet, without needing to use custom anchoring controls.

Stay tuned.

damned
November 21st, 2020, 00:25
On launching the new project example I get -

ERROR
Cannot load property CanGrowVert
Object reference not set to an instance of an object

damned
November 21st, 2020, 00:26
Followed by

ERROR
Cannot load property StackVertWith
Object reference not set to an instance of an object

And i get them both twice.

psicodelix
November 21st, 2020, 07:18
Ouch! yes, it,s because I've saved the project with the 0.3.10 development version, that includes some new properties not recognized by previous versions. Don't worry, the project should load and run correctly, and the message will dissapear with the next release.

ShotGun Jolly
November 21st, 2020, 07:39
There is a rule set wizard? Sign me up!

damned
November 21st, 2020, 13:28
https://www.rulesetwizard.com/

damned
November 22nd, 2020, 03:17
If I want to edit some code in (example) ct_entry.lua I can create a new script file
The issue is this file will then run on loading the ruleset but it should only run when instructed by actions in the Combat Tracker.
Is there a way to do this yet in Ruleset Wizard? If not please add to wish list.

damned
November 22nd, 2020, 11:37
Hi psicodelix

Some additional suggestions -

When we define an icon and it to /graphics/graphics_icons.xml
and
When we define a frame and it to /graphics/graphics_frames.xml
and
When we define a font and it to /graphics/graphics_fonts.xml

so that they match CoreRPG layouts

psicodelix
November 22nd, 2020, 15:53
If I want to edit some code in (example) ct_entry.lua I can create a new script file
The issue is this file will then run on loading the ruleset but it should only run when instructed by actions in the Combat Tracker.
Is there a way to do this yet in Ruleset Wizard? If not please add to wish list.

I don't know if I understand exactly what you want to do, I'll try to answer, and tell me if this answers your question.

Depending on what you want to do you can use different approaches.

If you want to replace the whole file the easiest way is to create a new script and set the custom script property of the ct_entry window class to the new file:

Although normally this is not very useful, unless you want to replace the whole window behavior.

You can also replace a single function by defining it with the same name in the LUA code section of the window. In this case you can also make the code of the original function to be executed using the super operator:

The latter is usually my preferred approach.

Hope that helps.

psicodelix
November 22nd, 2020, 15:54
Hi psicodelix

Some additional suggestions -

When we define an icon and it to /graphics/graphics_icons.xml
and
When we define a frame and it to /graphics/graphics_frames.xml
and
When we define a font and it to /graphics/graphics_fonts.xml

so that they match CoreRPG layouts

Ok, added to the wishlist.

damned
November 27th, 2020, 11:50
Small bug.

The Ruleset icon is not being added to the Announcement

<announcement text="Solo d6 RPG by damned" />

Could/should include

<announcement text="Solo d6 RPG by damned" icon="xxxxxxxxxxxx" font="xxxxxxxxxx" link="xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx"/>

psicodelix
November 30th, 2020, 21:21
Hey guys, don't miss the new video tutorial by FG Master Damned:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LqY2jbwEToU&feature=youtu.be

Myrdin Potter
December 3rd, 2020, 17:08
Keeps getting better and better.

damned
December 3rd, 2020, 18:09
At the moment im dropping a new video every day.
I dont know how long that will last...!
Videos 1, 2, 3 and 5 are up and 4 and 6 are loaded ready to drop on schedule.

Im also learning the product as I go - and sharing some feedback with psicodelix who has been super responsive.

Feel free to point out mistakes or better ways to do things.
Also feel free to post requests - no promises Ill do what I can.

BigBadBazz
December 4th, 2020, 11:29
Just got this and following tutorials.

Could I request a feature to change font size on the wizard as visual studio and codeblocks CAN.

I have bad eyesight and cannot read the properties widow.

Thanks

damned
December 4th, 2020, 12:05
Hi BigBadBazz in the meantime see if your operating system allows you to scale specific applications. You can in Windows 10 for example.

https://www.windowscentral.com/how-change-high-dpi-settings-classic-apps-windows-10-april-2018-update

BigBadBazz
December 4th, 2020, 13:28
Hi BigBadBazz in the meantime see if your operating system allows you to scale specific applications. You can in Windows 10 for example.

https://www.windowscentral.com/how-change-high-dpi-settings-classic-apps-windows-10-april-2018-update

this works but affects everything on the PC, cant get it to work for this application alone

Thanks

psicodelix
December 4th, 2020, 21:26
Just got this and following tutorials.

Could I request a feature to change font size on the wizard as visual studio and codeblocks CAN.

I have bad eyesight and cannot read the properties widow.

Thanks

Ok, I'll add it to the wishlist.

BigBadBazz
December 4th, 2020, 21:32
Ok, I'll add it to the wishlist.

Thanks

In the meantime I just increase the size of everything while I use it and then return back after

Best wishes

psicodelix
December 4th, 2020, 21:52
With some delay, there is a new update!

version 0.3.10
- Added Can Grow and Stack with control properties to string and window list controls
- Added format validation to the Frame Offset property
- Changed the interpretation of the Frame Offset property to inside offset instead of outside offset
- Using the resize property of Window raised and error. Fixed.
- Copying controls caused some properties reference the original control. Fixed.
- Changed Accept Drop property of Window List to allow multiple entries.
- Added sample project Ruleset Wizard Core.rwp

psicodelix
December 4th, 2020, 21:57
And don't miss Damned's new video tutorial series. I have compiled all his videos so far in one page for easy viewing:

https://www.rulesetwizard.com/new-video-tutorial-by-damned/

greybeardgunner70
December 4th, 2020, 22:29
psicodelix, loving RW, finding it to be one of the best gaming investments I've made recently. Here is what I have so far for a HarnMaster ruleset:

Two quick questions:
1. Does the software update automatically? Or will we need to download and install updates?

2. I am probably just lost in the terminology (windows, desktops, tabs, controls, etc), but I haven't seen a way to edit the tabs/windows (Abilities, Inventory, Notes) behind the charsheet_main. Do I simply create a new window and name it "charsheet_abilities"?

greybeardgunner70
December 4th, 2020, 22:32
Also, is there a way to have text typed into a string by the user to indent a few spaces, so the text doesn't start right at the edge of the stringlabel?

psicodelix
December 4th, 2020, 22:48
charsheet_main
psicodelix, loving RW, finding it to be one of the best gaming investments I've made recently. Here is what I have so far for a HarnMaster ruleset:

Two quick questions:
1. Does the software update automatically? Or will we need to download and install updates?

2. I am probably just lost in the terminology (windows, desktops, tabs, controls, etc), but I haven't seen a way to edit the tabs/windows (Abilities, Inventory, Notes) behind the charsheet_main. Do I simply create a new window and name it "charsheet_abilities"?

Hi Greybeardgunner, I'm glad you like the Wizard, your character sheet looks awesome!

The program doesn't update automatically (at this moment), but you only have to download the new version and run the setup with the default values.

These sheets you mention are subwindows defined in CoreRPG "charsheet" window class. As you guess to replace one of them you have to create a new window and name it as it's named in the CoreRPG:

- charsheet_main
- charsheet_abilities
- charsheet_inventory
- charsheet_notes

psicodelix
December 4th, 2020, 22:51
Also, is there a way to have text typed into a string by the user to indent a few spaces, so the text doesn't start right at the edge of the stringlabel?

Yes, you can use the Frame offset property. Setting it to x,0,0,0 will indent the content of the control x pixels from left.

greybeardgunner70
December 4th, 2020, 22:53
Thanks, the skullduggery will continue! More windows to conquer!

Another question: I know this will get into some serious coding, but is it even possible to designate a space on one of the sheets for a user to upload a character image? For example, if I wanted to create a space for a full body character portrait, and then use the head shot for the portrait/token windows hard coded into the sheet already.

psicodelix
December 4th, 2020, 22:56
Thanks, the skullduggery will continue! More windows to conquer!

Another question: I know this will get into some serious coding, but is it even possible to designate a space on one of the sheets for a user to upload a character image? For example, if I wanted to create a space for a full body character portrait, and then use the head shot for the portrait/token windows hard coded into the sheet already.

Yes, but the image have to be a token. Just add a Token control to your sheet, size it as you wish and the player should be able to put tokens from the token box into it.

greybeardgunner70
December 5th, 2020, 00:59
Magnifico!!

psicodelix
December 5th, 2020, 01:03
;) A great work! congratulations!

damned
December 5th, 2020, 01:16
Magnifico!!

I concur. Fantastic.

Small suggestions.
Change Appearance Notes to Description then you can use the same large font as Appearance
add a frame offset of 5,0,5,0 on the text fields like Birthplace and Parent Occupation

Is your portrait picture editable at this stage?

greybeardgunner70
December 5th, 2020, 01:24
Working on dice roll functions. Is it possible to get info from more than one other field to show in the chat? For example, in the image below, I can get the target number (ML) to show up next to roll. I can add the name of the stringlabel field as well, but only with the name of the label, not the data input by the user (Harnic). I would like for the chat to show "Harnic 42" and then the roll.

greybeardgunner70
December 5th, 2020, 01:26
@Damned, Thanks, I'll make those changes.

Not sure what you mean by editable. It acts like a Token window (it is a token window). So there may be functionality with that I am unaware of. The way I will use it is to resize images I want to use to 175x300 and put them in the token folder. Then I can drag them onto the CS.

damned
December 5th, 2020, 01:56
Working on dice roll functions. Is it possible to get info from more than one other field to show in the chat? For example, in the image below, I can get the target number (ML) to show up next to roll. I can add the name of the stringlabel field as well, but only with the name of the label, not the data input by the user (Harnic). I would like for the chat to show "Harnic 42" and then the roll.

Yes. But with code.
Ill make you a video...

damned
December 5th, 2020, 04:36
Bonus video for you Gunner

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2F8mI76NtD0

greybeardgunner70
December 5th, 2020, 05:33
Please help me figure out what I have done wrong...
See image for error text when I change the values in the windows.

And I dont have any text when I make the roll, though I'm pretty sure I followed your instructions.

I'll email you my rwp file.

damned
December 5th, 2020, 06:21
After squirreling backwards and forwards it was the simplest mistake.

getvalue != getValue

greybeardgunner70
December 5th, 2020, 12:09
Ack. Thanks very much!

GunnarGreybeard
December 5th, 2020, 14:39
Please help me figure out what I have done wrong...
See image for error text when I change the values in the windows.

Nice work!

greybeardgunner70
December 5th, 2020, 14:42
@gunnargreybeard Thanks! Now if we could only get someone to do a theme... ;-)

GunnarGreybeard
December 5th, 2020, 14:51
@gunnargreybeard Thanks! Now if we could only get someone to do a theme... ;-)

If they ever get the 'Rolls' feature implemented that damned incorporated into MoreCore that would be a serious game changer with this wizard program.

For a theme, I think GMWintermute's GMW Campaign Toolkit supports CoreRRP based rulesets so might be that it can be used to build one. I'll have to fire it up and see, just concerned stuff will conflict if it's not incorporated into the same ruleset extension.

greybeardgunner70
December 5th, 2020, 15:28
Damned has promised to show us how to incorporate his Morecore die rolls (at least for Harn) into this wizard.
I think if we had a developed theme, we could incorporate it rather easily into this wizard or at least the final ruleset .pak
Once I get the Char and NPC sheets done it'll be a workable solution.

damned
December 6th, 2020, 01:12
Damned has promised to show us how to incorporate his Morecore die rolls (at least for Harn) into this wizard.
I think if we had a developed theme, we could incorporate it rather easily into this wizard or at least the final ruleset .pak
Once I get the Char and NPC sheets done it'll be a workable solution.

what? i dont think I did promise that...
there are some nice roll options coming - like really soon - but not MoreCore level rolls yet

have a look at the bonus video I just dropped for some more theming stuff - Bonus Video 1 and 3 are both about graphics and Bonus Video 2 has a little at the end too.
there will be more theming info in the videos as they progress

now - just because you are both pretending to be in the room at the same time does not mean Im ready to believe you are 2 separate individuals

GunnarGreybeard
December 6th, 2020, 01:36
I don't remember reading you saying that about MoreCore either but one can hope, at some point . . . . :bandit:

Also, after researching further, I don't think GM Wintermute's tool will do the panels and such as far as themes. It's mostly geared towards buttons and backgrounds (and decals and the dice tower). At this point I think we'd have to rely on psicodelix's tool for window and panel theme stuff.

And for the record, greybeardgunner70 mentioned he is/was infantry, trust me when I say, I'd never have been a 'leg', or what us tankers refer to as crunchies. :D

greybeardgunner70
December 6th, 2020, 03:41
@damned After re-reading your earlier post in your RW thread, I suppose you weren't promising anything... Though a little peer pressure can be a good thing!

Bottom line on Harn dice code - Harn has one of the simplest crit systems out there, so the chat telling you whether something is a Marginal Success or a Crit Success is like having whipped cream on your 7 layer chocolate fudge cake (really not that necessary, but nice to have).

@gunnargreybeard I was an airborne ranger for practically all of my career (retired 18 months ago), so my standards are well above those of a "leg." Though I imagine from your adjustable seat in that steel coffin, we all looked the same anyway. ;)

greybeardgunner70
December 6th, 2020, 06:04
Skills Tab complete, including Damned's code for displaying multiple text sources on a roll in chat.

damned
December 6th, 2020, 08:37
Skills Tab complete, including Damned's code for displaying multiple text sources on a roll in chat.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=41699&[/ATTACH]

Wonderful work doppelganger!

greybeardgunner70
December 6th, 2020, 14:10
@psicodelix How do I edit (or replicate) the current inventory window in CoreRPG? I want to leave the functionality as is, but change the font, background, frame, etc. Can I do that, while deleting the currency window and editing the total weight window?

psicodelix
December 6th, 2020, 18:38
In the ruleset wizard installation folder there is a sample project named Ruleset Wizard Core.rwp. In this project you have plenty of examples of character sheet, combat tracker and npc sheet adaptations, and one of them is the inventory sheet with changes like you want.

greybeardgunner70
December 6th, 2020, 22:15
That sounds great! Unfortunately, when I try to load your example rwp, I get the following error.

psicodelix
December 6th, 2020, 22:22
Your installation folder should be write-protected. Copy the project to another location and try again.

psicodelix
December 7th, 2020, 09:04
There is a new update, and we reach version 0.4.0!

You cant get all the information about the update and the long awaited new Dice Roll Engine in my development blog:

https://www.rulesetwizard.com/new-major-update-the-dice-roll-engine/

damned
December 7th, 2020, 12:00

You cant get all the information about the update and the long awaited new Dice Roll Engine in my development blog:

Huzzah!

psicodelix
December 7th, 2020, 19:01
A word of advice. The Roll Type property is used to handle different types of rolls in Action Manager, but can cause problems if not handled properly. Don't use it if you don't know what you're doing.

greybeardgunner70
December 7th, 2020, 23:38
I have completed my CS, at least enough for play testing. I would like to export it to my CoreRPG game. How do I do that? I noticed in the tutorials you are publishing the CS as an extension, but I don't see an option for that in RW.

psicodelix
December 7th, 2020, 23:48
In the ruleset properties window you have a dropdown to select the type of file to generate, extension o ruleset.

When you click on the Generate button the Wizard creates the corresponding file.

There is a recent hotfix, the 0.4.1, please download it before opening your projects.

damned
December 8th, 2020, 00:04
I have completed my CS, at least enough for play testing. I would like to export it to my CoreRPG game. How do I do that? I noticed in the tutorials you are publishing the CS as an extension, but I don't see an option for that in RW.

Instead of doing that - export your content to a module and start a new HarnMaster game.
Your HarnMaster ruleset is layered on top of CoreRPG and you shouldnt lose anything (except maybe mask data?) .

frostbyte000jm
December 8th, 2020, 18:17

This is one amazing update. Very Nice!

psicodelix
December 8th, 2020, 18:31
thank you, and there are more exciting features planned for the next update, stay tuned.

greybeardgunner70
December 8th, 2020, 21:58
A few screenshots of what I was able to due with P's Ruleset Wizard. Should be lots of great stuff in the future re: FGU rulesets!

psicodelix
December 9th, 2020, 07:11
Looks fantastic, happy gaming!

Valyar
December 9th, 2020, 10:14
I have my eye on this for some time, 50 EUR is steep but I understand the complexity behind writing such software. Still considering, few questions, can't find the answers and videos are not the way to go for me :)

Is it possible to "import" existing work in the ruleset wizard and continue the work without any disturbance or modification of existing work?
What is the license agreement of Ruleset wizards (I can't find the full text in the web page, sorry if I missed the obvious) and is it allowed to be used for commercial products?
Does this support combat tracker in some way or it is just for character sheets

damned
December 9th, 2020, 10:31
License Agreement:

END USER LICENSE AGREEMENT (EULA) FOR RULESET WIZARD

NOTICE TO USERS: CAREFULLY READ THE FOLLOWING LEGAL AGREEMENT. USE OF THE RULESET WIZARD SOFTWARE PROVIDED WITH THIS AGREEMENT (THE "SOFTWARE") CONSTITUTES YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF THESE TERMS. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT, DO NOT INSTALL AND/OR USE THE SOFTWARE. USER'S USE OF THIS SOFTWARE IS CONDITIONED UPON COMPLIANCE BY USER WITH THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT.

1. LICENSE GRANT. Alberto Zaldívar grants you a license to use copies of this SOFTWARE on one or more systems for as many licenses as you purchase. "You" means the individual or family living at the same physical residence, whose funds are used to pay the license fee, or the recipient of a gift where the buyer purchased it exclusively for a single recipient. "Use" means storing, loading, installing, executing, or displaying the SOFTWARE. You may not modify the SOFTWARE or disable any licensing or control features of the SOFTWARE. This license is not transferable to another organization. You may transfer a license to another individual once if the software has not been used on any system and you are the original buyer of the license. You may transfer the license to any private system you own. You are not allowed to install a license on any publicly accessible system where the license key would be visible to others.

2. OWNERSHIP. The SOFTWARE is owned and copyrighted by Alberto Zaldívar. Your license confers no title or ownership in the SOFTWARE and should not be construed as a sale of any right in the SOFTWARE .

3. COPYRIGHT. The SOFTWARE is protected by copyright law of Spain and international treaty provisions. You acknowledge that no title to the intellectual property in the SOFTWARE is transferred to you. You further acknowledge that title and full ownership rights to the SOFTWARE will remain the exclusive property of Alberto Zaldívar and you will not acquire any rights to the SOFTWARE except as expressly set forth in this license. You agree that any copies of the SOFTWARE will contain the same proprietary notices which appear on and in the SOFTWARE.

4. REVERSE ENGINEERING. You agree that you will not attempt to reverse compile, modify, translate, or disassemble the SOFTWARE in whole or in part.

5. TERMINATION. Alberto Zaldívar reserves the right to terminate a LICENSE GRANT for any violation of this EULA.

6. NO OTHER WARRANTIES. Alberto Zaldívar DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE SOFTWARE IS ERROR FREE. THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WIHTOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT OF THIRD PARTY RIGHTS. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR LIMITATIONS ON HOW LONG AN IMPLIED WARRANTY MAY LAST, OR THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. THIS WARRANTY GIVES YOU SPECIFIC LEGAL RIGHTS AND YOU MAY ALSO HAVE OTHER RIGHTS WHICH VARY FROM JURISDICTION TO JURISDICTION.

7. SEVERABILITY. In the event of invalidity of any provision of this license, the parties agree that such invalidity shall not affect the validity of the remaining portions of this license.

8. NO LIABILITY FOR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES. IN NO EVENT SHALL Alberto Zaldívar OR ITS SUPPLIERS BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL OR INDIRECT DAMAGES OF ANY KIND ARISING OUT OF THE DELIVERY, PERFORMANCE OR USE OF THE SOFTWARE, EVEN IF Alberto Zaldívar HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. IN NO EVENT WILL Alberto Zaldívar's LIABILITY FOR ANY CLAIM, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT OR ANY OTHER THEORY OF LIABILITY, EXCEED THE LICENSE FEE PAID BY YOU, IF ANY.

IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO ALL OF THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, DO NOT INSTALL, USE OR DISTRIBUTE THIS SOFTWARE PRODUCT.

Copyright 2020 Alberto Zaldívar Pastor.

damned
December 9th, 2020, 10:35
You can copy-paste XML and Lua files into the Wizard.
It wont convert them to its own objects/format and the files will be packaged up in the PAK exactly as you have supplied them.
So you can mix and match files and wizard stuff and for a full blow project there will definitely be plenty of that especially at this stage of the products development.

You can do CT or Calendar etc in this tool but not without a solid understanding of how CT already works and how you will use RW to extend the CoreRPG elements.
There is a very basic example on the Tutorials link.

There are many things I can see psicodelix working on so the product has lots more already planned development and Im sure more on top of that.

psicodelix
December 9th, 2020, 10:46
Hi Valyar,

Ruleset Wizard can import only it's own projects, not Fantasy grounds rulesets and/or extensions.

About creating content for Fantasy Grounds, you must adhere to Fantasy Grounds license agreement, so you cannot create official content without SmiteWorks permission, and you cannot share copyrighted content. In addition to the software license there is some advices in the disclaimer page:

https://www.rulesetwizard.com/disclaimer/

You could use any tool you want to create commercial products (notepad++, visual studio code, Ruleset Wizard) as they are independent tools that help you creating the final product, a series of xml, lua and image files, packed together. You just have to take into account how and to whom you distribute this final product.

Ruleset Wizard supports almost any Fantasy Ground content. You can find a Combat tracker example here:

https://www.rulesetwizard.com/advanced-merging-example-the-combat-tracker/

Valyar
December 9th, 2020, 11:30
Thank you for the clarifications! I am not sure if this can serve my purposes, but I will continue to watch the videos when I have time and see what happens.

psicodelix
December 12th, 2020, 21:28
There is a new update!

All the details in my development blog:

https://www.rulesetwizard.com/0-4-2-update-handling-dice-rolls/

damned
December 13th, 2020, 01:13
Better and better!

Lensman
December 13th, 2020, 01:46
Feature Request:

Please give us the ability to set the folder that the extension uses when generating rulesets in a way that is separate from the "open window" interface. I am finding that all too often when saving files, I forget to check the location, and have to hunt for the save file. Being able to pre-set the location to a set folder would be a welcome addtion.

Also, (and this is really more of a "quality of life" issue), any way to add either top & side rules, or a grid overlay? Visually placing elements, even with the aid of the top buttons has been a little tricky, and being able to use a ruler or grid would help someone like me, who has difficulty with "eye-balling" the measurements.

As always, thanks for all you do!

Lensman
December 13th, 2020, 01:49
Having a problem (possibly two)

I'm working with a file with a lot of elements. I'm noticing that for some of the earlier windows i've created, when I go to open them, ruleset wizard simply crashes to the desktop, no error message that I've seen. Is there an error log that is created when this happens so that I can check to see if I can figure out what the problem is, (or what is causing the seeming corruption within the file)?

Any help is appreciated! I keep getting to a point, then having to stop and re-build from scratch just to have the same sequence happen again...

thanks for reading,
L.

damned
December 13th, 2020, 02:01
Most likely entries that had dice strings or other roll data in them?

Lensman
December 13th, 2020, 03:09
Most likely entries that had dice strings or other roll data in them?

Sadly no, not that far into the code, mainly just Labels and formatted text....a lot of art assetts that have not been fully seutp, (but have frames created). that's about it....

in the above picture, it seems like whenever I choose coterie name, coterie format, and/or members and agendas, the system just drops to desktop, not sure why....

psicodelix
December 13th, 2020, 18:44
First of all, make sure you are using latest version (0.4.2) of the Wizard.

When there is some crash a log is recorded in the windows event log, in the application log. Looking there could give you some clue of the source of the problem.

If the error persists send me the project file and I'll check it out.

damned
December 13th, 2020, 20:57
Looking at the entries some of them start with numbers - so yes get the 0.4.2 build.

psicodelix
December 14th, 2020, 09:01

By the picture you've shared, what you're doing seems pretty impressive.

When you consider it appropriate, could you tell us what you are working on?

frostbyte000jm
December 14th, 2020, 09:34
Looks like character mapping for V5, or any world of darkness game, but coterie is specifically a Vampire term (in that world).

It does look good. That is a great idea.

presence
December 16th, 2020, 20:41
If you buy a license of ruleset wizard, can you use it on two machines (not simultaneously)? I'm going on vacation here in a few days and won't have access to my desktop system (with the giant screen), but I would like to be able to do additional work on my notebook as I'm in the mountains camping. Can I do this?

psicodelix
December 16th, 2020, 20:44
If you buy a license of ruleset wizard, can you use it on two machines (not simultaneously)? I'm going on vacation here in a few days and won't have access to my desktop system (with the giant screen), but I would like to be able to do additional work on my notebook as I'm in the mountains camping. Can I do this?

Yes, you can.

psicodelix
December 16th, 2020, 20:45
There is a new update!

All the details in my development blog:

https://www.rulesetwizard.com/0-4-3-update/

presence
December 17th, 2020, 18:48
I have a TTF font that I have added into ruleset wizard and the preview works perfectly in the ruleset wizard tool. When I export it to a ruleset that FG can load, the fonts don't show. If I change the font to one thats "built in" it works fine. Is there some special thing that has to be done for this to work? The pak file does show the fonts are included.

BigBadBazz
December 17th, 2020, 20:32
A few screenshots of what I was able to due with P's Ruleset Wizard. Should be lots of great stuff in the future re: FGU rulesets!

impressive, certainly a powerful tool
and Damned tutorial series is a great resource

psicodelix
December 17th, 2020, 20:34
I have a TTF font that I have added into ruleset wizard and the preview works perfectly in the ruleset wizard tool. When I export it to a ruleset that FG can load, the fonts don't show. If I change the font to one thats "built in" it works fine. Is there some special thing that has to be done for this to work? The pak file does show the fonts are included.

No, nothing more needs to be done.

It seems to be a problem related to the font color tag. It does work in FG classic but it doesn't in Unity. I have tried to delete the color tag in the font definition and then it shows the font. I will investigate more about it to fix it in the next release.

psicodelix
December 17th, 2020, 20:58

Ok, I got it.

The problem is the alpha channel from font color. In FG Classic, if you define an alpha channel of 00 the program interprets it as FF, and shows it. FG Unity seems to lack this feature, so if you set the font color as default 0,0,0,0, unity client don't shows it because it is transparent.

While I fix it you can change the transparency value of your font to 255 and try.

presence
December 17th, 2020, 21:50
Yep, this appears to work. Thank you!

Lensman
December 18th, 2020, 19:41
I am running into a bit of a wall with 2 issues, so I'm asking for help.

1) With the Tab feature, is there any way to stack the tabs (and their related text) vertically instead of horizontally??
2) For the button feature, how would you code for a window to be opened when the button is clicked? (An example would be extreemly helpful here).

Any help is appreciated!
Lensman

Mortar
December 18th, 2020, 21:34
Nice! Going to have to check this out.

psicodelix
December 18th, 2020, 22:32
I am running into a bit of a wall with 2 issues, so I'm asking for help.

1) With the Tab feature, is there any way to stack the tabs (and their related text) vertically instead of horizontally??
2) For the button feature, how would you code for a window to be opened when the button is clicked? (An example would be extreemly helpful here).

Any help is appreciated!
Lensman

To use vertical tabs you have to use a template that's not included in Ruleset Wizard, but it's planned for an upcoming release.

To open a window you create a button and add call Interface.openWindow in the onButtonPress function.

function onButtonPress()
Interface.openWindow(windowclass, datasource);
end

Lensman
December 18th, 2020, 22:47
To use vertical tabs you have to use a template that's not included in Ruleset Wizard, but it's planned for an upcoming release.

To open a window you create a button and add call Interface.openWindow in the onButtonPress function.

function onButtonPress()
Interface.openWindow(windowclass, datasource);
end

Thanks for the reply.

I understand that part, but how do i tie that to the button in ruleset wizard? (I am not understanding how to tie scrpting to an object within the program at all for some reason - it's just confusing to me). :confused:

thanks again,
Lensman

psicodelix
December 18th, 2020, 22:52
When you select a control in the window designer you can write lua code for it in the code editor below:

damned
December 19th, 2020, 02:08
A dozen examples in my Videos on building Cyberpunk RED.

Lensman
December 19th, 2020, 04:44

Still working my way through the videos. seems that even when i think i'm copying code correctly, FG still finds a way to error out with "invalid xml" error messages......

but I am making slow progress
Thanks all!
Lensman

Wookiee420
December 19th, 2020, 06:12
I just started picked up the Ruleset Wizard and began playing around with it and it is amazing!!!!!! I am overjoyed to finally have a program like this to use

psicodelix
December 19th, 2020, 07:22

Yes, I strongly recommend all of you to watch Damned's video tutorials on how to create a ruleset with the Ruleset Wizard, this will help you to greatly improve the learning curve.

psicodelix
December 19th, 2020, 07:24
I just started picked up the Ruleset Wizard and began playing around with it and it is amazing!!!!!! I am overjoyed to finally have a program like this to use

Thanks, I'm glad you are enjoying the wizard :)

Wookiee420
December 19th, 2020, 19:28

i love your character sheet! i love that you added a larger photo to it as well

Wookiee420
December 20th, 2020, 02:26

i'm having an issue where i cannot figure out how to remove the original "Name" line on the character sheet, any advice?

psicodelix
December 20th, 2020, 02:34
Try creating a new custom control with Custom class name= string_labeled, name = name and merge= delete

Wookiee420
December 20th, 2020, 02:57
Try creating a new custom control with Custom class name= string_labeled, name = name and merge= delete

THANK YOU!! that worked perfectly!!!

Lensman
December 20th, 2020, 03:39
Back again!

Ok, i'm trying to modify the sheet for an NPC (via extension) to add an additional filed to allow portraits to be attached, as I have thought of a use for NPC's to have a portrait.

I'm wondering if the correct scripting to use for this would be:

<tokenfield name="picture">

If so, then in the area where I wish to be able to simply drag and drop the link to the npc, should I have the following script added:

function onDrop()
return false;
end

to clarify, there will be two different areas where the portrait will be used: first, adding it to the NPC sheet, and second, another window that should accept any portrait, either from an NPC or PC sheet.

any help or suggestions would be appreciated!
Lensman.

Wookiee420
December 20th, 2020, 16:54
@psicodelix, idk if this is the right spot for feature requests, but it would be amazing if there was an Undo/Redo feature and if the Tab key could jump to the next line in the properties section, these would be amazing time savers.

and then i just thought of this, maybe a light grid system so when you are designing the windows/character sheets you can get things lined up properly.

I am in love with this program, it does what I have always been looking for to help me with designing rulesets, I am a more visual person so this is right up my alley!

psicodelix
December 20th, 2020, 17:11
Back again!

Ok, i'm trying to modify the sheet for an NPC (via extension) to add an additional filed to allow portraits to be attached, as I have thought of a use for NPC's to have a portrait.

I'm wondering if the correct scripting to use for this would be:

If so, then in the area where I wish to be able to simply drag and drop the link to the npc, should I have the following script added:

to clarify, there will be two different areas where the portrait will be used: first, adding it to the NPC sheet, and second, another window that should accept any portrait, either from an NPC or PC sheet.

any help or suggestions would be appreciated!
Lensman.

It's easier. Insert a token control in the NPC window class, and it's all. Making room for new controls can be more difficult, however.

psicodelix
December 20th, 2020, 17:13
@psicodelix, idk if this is the right spot for feature requests, but it would be amazing if there was an Undo/Redo feature and if the Tab key could jump to the next line in the properties section, these would be amazing time savers.

and then i just thought of this, maybe a light grid system so when you are designing the windows/character sheets you can get things lined up properly.

I am in love with this program, it does what I have always been looking for to help me with designing rulesets, I am a more visual person so this is right up my alley!

Yes, this is the place. I miss these features too, they are in my wishlist of development, without planned date yet, however.

Wookiee420
December 20th, 2020, 17:58
Yes, this is the place. I miss these features too, they are in my wishlist of development, without planned date yet, however.

Awesome! Also what about the ability to re-order the tabs?

I know, I'm needy, I need bells and whistles dammit!!! :)

Wookiee420
December 20th, 2020, 18:50
@psicodelix, i have another question for you.

42173 where did this option with the "armor_name" go?

also, when i put in the dice rolling function it negates the onDoubleClick function of my modifiers, what am i doing wrong?

the code it ignores is
function onDoubleClick()
local nodeAP = getDatabaseNode();
local nAP = nodeAP.getValue();
ModifierStack.addSlot("Armor Penalty", nAP);
end

EDIT: Figured out the first one, just put it in the description, for example: {armor_name}

psicodelix
December 20th, 2020, 19:03
@psicodelix, i have another question for you.

42173 where did this option with the "armor_name" go?

also, when i put in the dice rolling function it negates the onDoubleClick function of my modifiers, what am i doing wrong?

the code it ignores is

First of all, you are using a old version of RW, please update to 0.4.4, since these properties has changed, and now there is more options.

About onDoubleClick, if you set the Dice roll property it uses the control's onDoubleClick event to put its code, so you cant use both. You cannot use the onDoubleClick to add the bonus to the stack and to roll the dice, but you can make the roll add the field's value to the roll with the following string:

1d10! + {self}

In my tutorial about Dice Roll engine there are some examples:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xEx9G7QJDZc&list=PLSaS6dEtuko9b9rxIC_Xvgfk616me59yE&index=16&t=66s

Wookiee420
December 20th, 2020, 19:06
that was a screen shot from damned's video i am using 0.4.4 :) and thank you for the rest, adding "+{self}" is super easy

Wookiee420
December 21st, 2020, 18:24
@psicodelix, another Feature Request is the ability to duplicate windows, it would make designing sidebar menus much quicker and easier.

I cannot express how grateful I am that you are making the Ruleset Wizard, I am enjoying my time using it and am working faster than I ever thought I could.

psicodelix
December 21st, 2020, 21:15
@psicodelix, another Feature Request is the ability to duplicate windows, it would make designing sidebar menus much quicker and easier.

I cannot express how grateful I am that you are making the Ruleset Wizard, I am enjoying my time using it and am working faster than I ever thought I could.

I'm happy you like it so much.

Duplicate windows would be a nice feature, I add it to the development plan.

greybeardgunner70
December 24th, 2020, 16:01
HarnMaster NPC sheet with integrated rolls complete! Now on to the Combat Tracker...

psicodelix
December 24th, 2020, 17:31
HarnMaster NPC sheet with integrated rolls complete! Now on to the Combat Tracker...

Awesome!

darrenan
December 24th, 2020, 17:39
Nice work!

Wookiee420
December 24th, 2020, 17:44

that is an awesome looking sheet!

psicodelix
December 25th, 2020, 23:12
Don't miss the new Christmas challenge videos by Damned, an awesome speedbuild of a Tales From the Loop character sheet:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDLvZzXFxdJCBSl6J-202IA

damned
December 25th, 2020, 23:36
Here is the playlist: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gcgaQBtbYVA&list=PLsgd1zJLdiKW_5z-N6qS4ya4PLgZ0ARfM
It is a real time build of the fully functional character sheet
In total it took less than 2 and a half hours
Anything is possible!

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=42285

Wookiee420
December 26th, 2020, 07:10
all of a sudden with this new update today, all my nodes properties are printing into the lua and causing errors. here is an example of what is happening

function onDoubleClick(x, y)

return action();

return action();

return action();
end

function action(dragInfo)
DiceRollString = StringManager.convertDiceToString(getDice()).. "";
if onBeforeDiceRoll then onBeforeDiceRoll(); end;
GameSystem.actions["damage"] = { bUseModStack = "true", sTargeting = "each" }
ActionsManager.registerResultHandler("damage", managerDamage.notifyRDamage);
local additionalInfo = {};
RulesetWizardDiceRoller.Roll(dragInfo, window.getDatabaseNode(),"damage", "{weapon_name} | Damage Roll {self}", DiceRollString, 0, additionalInfo);
if onAfterDiceRoll then onAfterDiceRoll(); end;

RulesetWizardDiceRoller.Roll(dragInfo, window.getDatabaseNode(),"damage", "{weapon_name} | Damage Roll {self}", DiceRollString, 0, additionalInfo);

return true;

return true;

return true;
end

damned
December 26th, 2020, 08:22
I reckon you probably jumped a few versions.
You might need to re-do the roll info - you will see a bunch more options.

drvolk
December 26th, 2020, 08:45
Features (Requests) which would make this great tool even greater, in my opinion :)

Would be great if some kind of clipboard function would be implemented, so that you could select objects in one window to copy them to another window.
It would also be helpful if you could select a specific object directly from a dropdown list of all objects created in the project, especially for objects that overlap, such as Sub Windows for tabs.
Also very useful would be the possibility to change a property of all selected objects at the same time.

drvolk
December 26th, 2020, 09:12
Features (Requests) which would make this great tool even greater, in my opinion :)

Would be great if some kind of clipboard function would be implemented, so that you could select objects in one window to copy them to another window.
It would also be helpful if you could select a specific object directly from a dropdown list of all objects created in the project, especially for objects that overlap, such as Sub Windows for tabs.
Also very useful would be the possibility to change a property of all selected objects at the same time.

currently checking the amazing "Christmas challange" video from damned and noticed that the "clipboard functionality" request seems to be allready implemented .. cool!

psicodelix
December 26th, 2020, 09:15
all of a sudden with this new update today, all my nodes properties are printing into the lua and causing errors. here is an example of what is happening

0.4.4 was overriding controls' event functions (onButtonPress, onDoubleClick, etc) to make dice roll engine work, so if you created some of these functions they weren't executing.

From 0.4.5 these functions aren't overrided anymore, so if you had code in them now it's executing and causing these messages. Check your lua code, if you can't find the problem send me the project file.

greybeardgunner70
December 26th, 2020, 14:15
I am having the same "added scripts" issues. All the buttons on my CS now return these errors:

Do I just need to go back and redo the buttons?

I will email you the RW file.

psicodelix
December 26th, 2020, 14:52
I am having the same "added scripts" issues. All the buttons on my CS now return these errors:

Do I just need to go back and redo the buttons?

I will email you the RW file.

It seems there is a problem with the dice roll engine in 0.4.5. I'm fixing it.

psicodelix
December 26th, 2020, 15:38
Please update to version 0.4.6

https://www.rulesetwizard.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/09/RulesetWizardSetup.zip

psicodelix
December 26th, 2020, 15:51
Ok, version 0.4.5 caused a little mess in the functions used by dice roller engine.

To solve this:

- Install version 0.4.6
- Check all the controls that make use of the dice roll engine and delete the wrong scripts in the LUA code section.

Wookiee420
December 26th, 2020, 16:13
so i deleted the scripts but i am still getting this error
[12/26/2020 9:10:58 AM] [ERROR] Failed to load script buffer (initiative_button): [string "initiative_button"]:6: 'end' expected (to close 'function' at line 2) near 'return'
[12/26/2020 9:10:59 AM] [ERROR] Failed to load script buffer (weapon_damage): [string "weapon_damage"]:8: 'end' expected (to close 'function' at line 3) near 'return'
[12/26/2020 9:10:59 AM] [ERROR] Failed to load script buffer (weapon_r0): [string "weapon_r0"]:8: 'end' expected (to close 'function' at line 3) near 'return'
[12/26/2020 9:10:59 AM] [ERROR] Failed to load script buffer (weapon_r7): [string "weapon_r7"]:8: 'end' expected (to close 'function' at line 3) near 'return'
[12/26/2020 9:10:59 AM] [ERROR] Failed to load script buffer (weapon_r13): [string "weapon_r13"]:8: 'end' expected (to close 'function' at line 3) near 'return'
[12/26/2020 9:10:59 AM] [ERROR] Failed to load script buffer (weapon_r26): [string "weapon_r26"]:8: 'end' expected (to close 'function' at line 3) near 'return'
[12/26/2020 9:10:59 AM] [ERROR] Failed to load script buffer (weapon_r51): [string "weapon_r51"]:8: 'end' expected (to close 'function' at line 3) near 'return'
[12/26/2020 9:10:59 AM] [ERROR] Failed to load script buffer (weapon_r101): [string "weapon_r101"]:8: 'end' expected (to close 'function' at line 3) near 'return'
[12/26/2020 9:10:59 AM] [ERROR] Failed to load script buffer (weapon_r201): [string "weapon_r201"]:8: 'end' expected (to close 'function' at line 3) near 'return'
[12/26/2020 9:10:59 AM] [ERROR] Failed to load script buffer (weapon_401): [string "weapon_401"]:8: 'end' expected (to close 'function' at line 3) near 'return'
[12/26/2020 9:10:59 AM] [ERROR] Failed to load script buffer (armor_penalty): [string "armor_penalty"]:18: 'end' expected (to close 'function' at line 8) near 'return'
[12/26/2020 9:10:59 AM] [ERROR] Failed to load script buffer (skill_base): [string "skill_base"]:13: 'end' expected (to close 'function' at line 3) near 'return'

Wookiee420
December 26th, 2020, 16:18
nevermind i fixed it :)

greybeardgunner70
December 27th, 2020, 04:34
Completed Combat Tracker with CS and NPC integration.

greybeardgunner70
December 27th, 2020, 04:52
Questions...

Harn is a little different than your average RPG today in that it has that good ole 90's characteristic of adjusting the Target Number before making a roll, rather than modifying the die roll itself. For example, sword skill of 95 (Target Number for an attack) is adjusted by Physical Penalty (essentially how much load and injuries a character has), say -20 in this example. New TN is 75 (95-20). Player rolls d100, anything under 76 is a hit.
Now, I have worked around this in FGU by simply adding the Penalty (20) to the die roll, maintaining the original TN (95). So, to score a hit, the player would have to roll a 75 or less (75 +20= 95). I have done this, because to my knowledge, FGU isnt setup to allow for a dynamic target number. IE, prior to making a roll, the system accesses the skill level, applies the penalty, then makes the roll with the new target number. Is this assumption of mine correct? Perhaps there is some scripting here that can be done.

This leads to my second question. Harn handles criticals (success and failure) by first, determining if the roll is greater than the TN (failure, equal or lower is a success) and then, second, determining if the number rolled ends in a 5 or 0 (a critical). I watched your vid on result handlers so I think this may be possible to replicate with RW, though I am not sure how to script it to determine success or failure, based on the TN (or roll), see question 1.

damned
December 27th, 2020, 07:33
try create a hidden field called sword_resolved_target
put some code on penalty and on sword_skill to onValueChanged() update sword_resolved_skill
in your roll use {sword_resolved_skill} as your roll under target rather than {sword_skill}

greybeardgunner70
January 1st, 2021, 04:48
I want to place a button on the CS that opens a table in fantasy grounds (for example, a hit location table). I have the tables built in FG, I just need to know if its possible to have a button on the CS, linked to one of those tables. Or perhaps have a LUA command on a button that makes a roll on the given table.

psicodelix
January 1st, 2021, 10:08
Maybe the easiest way is placing a Link Field in the CS, and setting these properties:

Record name = tables.id-00001
Window class name = table

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/image/png;base64,iVBORw0KGgoAAAANSUhEUgAAARYAAAB0CAYAAAB ABh2qAAAWJElEQVR4Ae2d3a4btxGAV6 loO1NHMjteyiXMep14T6FhaBBWltt730fGUGDrF iJ02ExOfGVwdo3RMjrpHgTDFDDjnk/kparnZXcwBbK/5zyPl2hiJ3s7fvfgH9pzLQOaBzoM85kPVZmJalk1PngM4BnAMK FrXY1GLVOdD7HEgKlhcPMsiy8N8nX1qif/nQxN17Cv/8KTXlv4JPonaYdn0En32buu6K8kXfr3RS9z6p1WqqmHMDz7MAL D/ 9HPlINeFNw2gg8qDr2yZ38Nn9wxkCC5CuYYDy0N4wQLm l37Eg/Gt0/hQ4TbvaegMEksax5j/azU5ya97SvOgeXPT/8Kv3/4B3jz4/ CxuB3DP/Ls78F4Y0N6KJErNiDWiwCLF3a2OfEHLq PtuuZXWf yorkhWB5b9v3xM8fvXr3wRwYahwOKZrBIoV6tXnHxk3p8kaiMH C36XL4u7uX8GDxSJwq5xL9a7s5vg4vjNyGg8W10ZZH14/ AeU4rAfDe0rpcd2V6WP67L9q8yP/artM/dLP7vMR00z/DxxFst/bt8FcLn594/B99iSaRosVpQPP/HkSseDUWC7tSCAksb7HIgMqL7vxBXVGcbyODJVzvybKH8ILbgd cIRv5ulZ7b8eE9C8vsI/jTv36GUriFqGuPS2/LlW2TdfB1lJ/Xpqr67Ps1/ITRulXmXeaAAwsmlhbK/d/ DthSOQQqWA4rV3aIxfLuF6esrFT4yesxCBYODywSVkxrDQRxzi xlsHiLxQmH8zuQGMvIQZHj2dpgEMbhHB9/2nLf1oDls4oFbu6n/Kzul05yN45urFUmY5BJABZskIRL1ZpLp0ZLJaobcFZMq6gxjNg iCBXKLwCTtRGU3RSXHiwORNwm0T9arJUyEXEMllJ LuddU79UiTrNRydLlddQ8iqBheHydPt3QPfo2IYwGLzV4hWEYC GUC38VYrAYBQvTYlmLzLpCbk3FWB9cj8lXB5C68LLr0 oKWRC6eiOXh/vhrI0Wi8WvxZj xPmb 6WKcuz81Hxp504lWPoSOiufUzJ2bfAOEoHlrQOGd3kwn7FYyou 3/g7P0PD5fBwLj9O0u0LY91i5CY7cXunq1KyL0E/KnJ7BUtU/G1eqj8LLi7flfnH/9LOvOavl9DOXkoJlVoMkQJF 300/gzsr as7c7T3cI55oGDpOmEVLJOa2OdQJq3T3xAVLF3BoukULDoHOs8 BBYtOls6TRe/I/o6ssmiWRW9gAf2bjQRQafRPJXCKBBQsp0hvpnkVLDMd2AG7pWA ZUNhTqUrBMpWRGm8704LlegurLIO8EAIocshWW7jGIHv96k7E9 3hZ5FHdPZY956IULHMe3WH6lhQs19sV5NstrCRZFCzDjOwJtSh YThCeZiUJJATLNWxXORTAn1biCpbRTz0Fy iHaPQNTAcWdIOspUKWC7tDDWDBdG77P UtIM9WsCW/CT2nDDK2fsjNQnCFf5RGbLs3xaD7tSK3jPOX6zKu2YLTYRnsso VVzP6bgmX2Q5y8g8nAEsAEIcBKWgcWGU46nsFqew1czh1ZPkLZ i5ziAwkFZaClZNdYMDwTEArSGWBhXbjms1iEIKPwoJL5f1GwzH MU/cwEVhQqb2CAkHBfpdKba9x8RYtjUCJMQ7NDWv53NnPIjfl8KcU EEJIluEWb2WdAlouL9eFYGEAYiSHu4SXcaFguYxxTtnLNGAhN8 WfNmb3hq0C52JYhW8ECxSQr7ZQWGgYeBR2/SYUjQOJDXbfFSyhoFq KVhaBKTRrRJIApbYcqBWsDsklVyAhX96tsspgQWD1smKLSAqZ XWb4IeyrIRSPxTdxBuLRFhmThrKbJYXHhQyfy/KFjmP8ape5gALOGCqAXfPI6/exIJDYuuFFVsofKLxYO/GFuyuEgSkDYSTWWARIMHFlXbTGwvnFQrEr/TIuFCyXMc4pe5kALCmbm7jsAGCJ6xpx8QqWEQ/ORJqmYJEDpWAhaShY5KTQ62MkoGA5Rmozz6NgmfkAD9C93sCCk 1H/qQx0DugcwDnQG1gGgKBWMZAEcGLon0rgFAkoWE6R3kzzKlhmOr ADdkvBMqCwp1KVgmUqIzXediYCi9mc5vak4IE PjyYUhbxRri2ug5NX1teRX/58GSXOhrSuN3DtXX3H6Fg6V ml1ZiQrCIQ3/2fM4gcGkbQd4B3JbuoHgES9jfw7KLTYNRRgVLJBD9OgkJDAaW4 CDiOUWjYGmVvlosrSLSBC0SGBAs5gQze0TBlvrVM/OoSnu h10oTot9uN7eL2/3JxdCPGdFuhQyzj1bxRwHoPJxi79Mb7f5LxZ2Sz9XTmlyyFc2f LWF8qM0GyyWijq4f/FhTHlOyqXh804tA9lntIKlT2leZlnnAQsqGyuuhQaefA4OL0rL ItoR6w4HYjnSBZFKTHH 0Q0uT1RurNwMDZe opy8iB/SW7HGwv2L28ThFmR1J74NZJrPRaWasgqWVJK9nHLPAhZUWnlHp mtUOFJiEyf0z550flUeFam0GCu/y2uOw0JrwMIgccjA/NwmcYAR01WDpWaNRbSjsd 2jgCudm1KyqIshP5DFCz9y/TSShwQLHhX54c0RQ91KkmdXRajrEbp5wEW SAq1 0IPhIkBmQu5SAXCpZBxDzrSgYDC92tWWNQkYQLQ sneRE8gwVovcVaAU2ukLAmmiwWA6frWouF81a6QqIOo jOrrGTo MaS6nfq7JVJCBjZDD8K0wULLPW UE6lxAskbvDULHd6rJ4K /u9Yu39h1FWK5USlJi0QZXP6 H5FDI9I2Lt76Ok8Bi63BuIAMragdBmB4ILp4pM8h0MJUoWAYU9 kyrSgSWEUgrUtYRtGgyTVCwTGaoRttQBctoh Z8DVOwnE/2c6l5vmCZywidoR8KljMIfWZV9gYWnIz6T2Wgc0DnAM6B3sAyM BedHdwYuifSuAUCShYTpHeTPMqWGY6sAN2S8EyoLCnUpWCZSoj Nd52JgKL2Svito5Q/xs2kXWQT/FoAWF5HTJpkqMkoGA5SmyaSUggKVjcAT qUMEi5D7qSwXLqIdnEo1LCJYcttuVsDIULJOYEQD0695U2qrtH KcEkoKlkOd9guv4FadfV0rHb20XJ55pR230DBba/m637/M2eX5qnYhTV6pSzKVAtVhKItGAAyWQGCwGIObMj7BYou32uH4i zwVRH4I017C9b9dYMFwcYIz7a87yROeG4DzPNYnbNpXvCpapjN R425kcLP6UsgcLKn8AkuJR8OAnFFfpuSS8eBsAxwi2yrIp5afn qIx3IMbUMgXLmEZjmm0ZACwMia174HQXsDjLw8rV/SoUgYVOSQsfh/PxJw9L/J3D9bMsAQVLWSYacpgEBgELP1fEuTARHNpdoQIeLYQrJNZRQst EuDxBHWgtDf9ck8OGYjypFSzjGYuptmQgsNg1D7E2QpYGL6zmb Yu34rkkATBQ7AYa7hknAiBopZjwHHJ1hTrPUQVLZ1FpwhoJJAJ LTW1nC0ZLxj9Y 2zNmEjFCpaJDNSImzlbsAQWURYtFo94QMbQNAXLGEZh2m2YLVi mPSznbb2C5bzyn0PtvYEFJ6P UxnoHNA5gHOgN7DMgbLaByMBnBj6pxI4RQIKllOkN9O8CpaZDu yA3VKwDCjsqVR1OWDZw35v/pXHJkVcuZa5hiQCS3lvCe4nCbbxDyBR3W17nJCPB8sO1rQ3aQ2 7UtVNcaXEJwfsNx/QHqblZl9d1m4NiwXvc8LPJbiku3X0CuAe4qgVe9htls3tqm7t5 EITgiV6lzG M1lskBtCUgqW46QcguUQIDSlbYo7pp3N5TWDhfNaYDBI1ojDw IITi357vDFmVyH3RRaC7xjRDHCPMOBhU4YD7tJTcFy3IybBlia 9YIlv0Glqjgyydg7BmGyRp2Lm7TKe7jxQKyrDnfF0QW0969Wiy H/WwWDrM/yezCI4sl2MC2egbXNmEQLg4X1r9iVTybpcszWOhIQA75Knp C4bzEQP85PNIGJ7ndNaI4vMCXm1XNq23yoJ2c17X WldSLDs1tJdsC7OziqmlNdyA9/dsYLKPEtYk4/Bcewm7WC9lOkyWK53Rpl3a6P4XP6SlVzKsb08HK9Ky4Cth/UXtsA9bKgtS9hsrBtEVghGt8R9gGBpzvfkO/ ubwXLgftS5JBXnd9xBxAxISlr4bIgNGj9hZQ fE8yhy EsqIlwuGlcl06cSDR1cRnlrzlVGfVuHACDgPErB2tnr2iEoM0A QRXg68nyS6eei3B4l0DBkK59N3arhs8eWLXWDJY73Dxk5UfXQ6 xnKEsu7QZtgDA2y52Xkl38nweK1EloeehoGUAckeNh jwitYyqM1TMhArlB4VgcVMrAO8M6UF4DhVQu8JtwoM4mFwRSBC K0Gmd8pvpRllEemwesF3yX5MCPXZSo2j36wpi3Xh/mq iOrndJ1K1j2O9isl6FVgUrswOIh5O/QG7Gwy1CokNt6BwwqtASW6w3s9jFUUJpcBtYlr42kpSvE0OExW i4NCDO1WJJNy4HAElopqIgSANy75vB2sGB YTgQqOR3qqcGLOTK5AWwO zK6giWqv5wv6b22QwWtjaMVYJ9c/A4GCweQGUZ4S8oG 8uOdeEU0qYyGsTL8HCOdynW0fRNRYnk54vhgOLfOYtKqv4hYjW T5AAFUpPClvkUOsKOdfHwst9N27LIWDBuow3LNyoDmChdgf9WZ WeiNfzuCUtrhksrMT2FxW0XuxaibdYlrBBF8e5P3WuELoqO9pL wlbFEmFirUZyp0prHtx1bod0rTKznrPfwce09lHjCjkLZ8BfhW yzHYTdb9vcn3l9DggW5Ia3VMLFzlMWb/2aDA4N1mFMXvEMFzlmFfAy8CnvvaHwLmCxj9JkU9st/Mp6J3QdgsVYKMZFtBZGvLhqQeDBwmOAn0tabwldFxQGAsm6JJy/dvEWf3UxAkQAYVvWOwkWNJvKi8E4HpWLt1T9Gj5o2MdCvxo5t9 gCyOY7Ks4031t3CpZuvw5ZuenHDCQQgmUGHartQordtU1l1jZk dhGJLJbZyemiOnQ5YLmoYR20swqWQcU9jcoULNMYpzG3sjew4G TUfyoDnQM6B3AO9AaWMdNT23aYBHBi6J9K4BQJKFhOkd5M8ypY ZjqwA3ZLwTKgsKdSlYJlKiM13namAwsdOhT7GUo71SKhVOwvwX 0IbdmiUvRrDxJQsPQgxAsvIhFYcLOZP iHMqaNa02UCMCC fng34hHCOHpdvqOuJ0HNk3BcqDANHlJAmnAcozCKVhKg3OuAAX LuSQ/n3rTgIVfe1pzNw 382/hFR7QcWCRW vLVkuQly0gylvxjJVonIK83DbMGzxv5Wvw6Wz9VL597gtu86bn x5jzRLSNf2Xq5uZgtZXvo47aM9avCpaxjsx02pUILEYA/txO/OAk SyWFdzfvhJgwbw1rpCDjy fDylmwvXCeqWSU2oCSFivz8sAMy fp3DrvlE5mFeW/2hhTmdLyywoH8vhMk1bp/S/gmVKozXOtiYFi wyr7EEsOFDXvhS AAa1WDBvKz0VDYrc5DXrOfEYKmu156odolDIKDl4uDDFg5WXDw yp5clWCQMixzub/mZeFIK07hWsExjnMbcysHAAlYJtzEcWDoBHNKAJYCSrLcXsAC5 UFhUkePCtX8cIVc1lU8Fy1RGarztTAIWWqOQd3jrVri7v/jFB9MujDb658zKu7 UXQAfY5m4MkV9aJ04VnB zBvVi0 tI0vJJe5msbj1k8BioWcnwArXa7At0 UKHc1gsemnSuAYCSQBCzbEL4DavSxOeaO4Vbx4i7mrLZZSuVxm BXA4SgolaBODCPO6xA1gYbcNP9F1oz9sJ/aP11PMgi7CbsJcUbDISaPXR0kgGViOas1YM0Xgqm9mPRDr84wv Rl2h8Y3J1FqkYOkyYl3AgmnO8LbHLs0/NI2C5VCJafpYAgqWWCL6XV0hnQMnS6A3sOBdTv pDHQO6BzAOdAbWLLH34D m4cMcGLon0rgFAkoWBSIpRuCguUUldK8KAEFi4JFwaIs6F0CCc DyGgp4D9tPm92C/AqguLoFuLmB wcoN V73lz2oS4Zlin/Ci7/uWnf6oD2HVr3GNMfb7FE7/qRQnUvCWt6 2GQQb9MWAIJwPINtCs/wucW8iMUtr3sw6BDULl6Le7aP8D2BoDgomCJ3pHcNtMVLG0Sup T4JGDJnt/C9csfnLKuXr4HkCD59Aaub27gGEugV7C0tUPBomC5FBL03M80Y AkUFi2AWyiuvHuEoCHwWMUlV4iub6G4sT0U4EGYyC3y7KoYYNn 0V69h8Th0wwJrBNsk4fb4G6D8gbUSWTsSLHgt/1z7sE7/x23LqC1V4aKOuj7X1YXhV7e vqvXcJ gjfV4CzCQy4GuJrpm0hXidyrTc2cyfsXqBsLXjGaQLTfw3R1bL OKRpPiKVXqdKMexK1R JeqSX7HqxaZXE5VAGrA8NjAxrs5rKFB5hRXjrA5SLLvGQsrk4V OZhsqtdlMwPcIKlcoot3FpcA2HLCNRP69rYFppWXG4 7Ttq7KsuH1BGQKodeGubHQD6/ocuYhcl0nPADFA4/YHaQQssR2vhPUY1B/Vw3ESLOV3Lpdn m5t3sEs391ML3RvfSm8fXk87IEBVvuu5XK1GjJiCSQCC66zWEg 8v7WKbgEjoRODhSHw2K/TsIIurBKwAuEnKxUpxPNbuEOFQuUWn9wO/mTlwU8sG4QSyjgu04HJtkmOpVuHsYHeWmFomIggXCpzBC7uG9a N1yUrDdO79tp1qj8aC4jlhPlKfy6PsJZkO6LrVrDsd7BZL0tWi wcLWyUgXoK gTUd2MQ4tl6kZWOv17tS8zVgehJIBha2UFYvb9wibf7yBlbirk 53YDbVa5SMla0zWNAFubmB3FojRuFekztWWiyWbYmUKwZLDCFu l4eRtZCES2Li6sItfGpgigCJ 0zycpCoB0sA3Kp tYQ1g2UPm6WBAFol LffxBZLV7D4dNNTHW1xkwTSgcVaDvlz8YvL8xvYvhQLux0slgA dt3CWQqRUrJCoXVyfWMtJoLHe2PFVCgU3eGdsuId3YAgroMtAg kLTIP5uV6zrmJclbpwD6JmsGCZBixRe1xbq8FC8hJww3aTJVfR 96AtIr4ZLGxtLIGWTtB6saDxFot1cVpdoQyWmx3s9 oKNSnpFOPSgUUqqJu0Zl3AuQZdwBK4BQgMu8bCrgxLXdzhGUZm bUQopmtH6BIQXLgcfBpM5T4W03aRzLt4IjCEjI/w4aLuGistXvjFUhzo2sASy4Utwpq V8ElBIuxUBbOjcEfitYlNwgXdz1YpIuzBGPZMJDYSkEgGUvHLA xnoIu3fr5M/SohWIQCHTCpqya6hg0ryxAsU5/i2v5zSEDBotBz 40Y4AqWc6jivOpUsChYFCzz0ulR9CZ78 YN6D Vgc4BnQN9zoHeLBY0n/WfykDngM4BnAMKFgWi3hB0DvQ BxQsOql6n1RqtajVkhQsLx7I/Qzm pMvVeiqeDoH5j4H/g9CRiuS2DrebwAAAABJRU5ErkJggg==

you can make a button that make a roll too. Place a button and add the following LUA:

function onButtonPress()
local rTableRoll = {};
rTableRoll.nodeTable = DB.findNode("tables.id-00001");
TableManager.performRoll(nil, nil, rTableRoll, true);
end

Being tables.id-00001 the DB identifier of your table.

greybeardgunner70
January 1st, 2021, 14:25
That worked beautifully, thanks. Nice button for the PCs to use to determine hit location. Problem is the tables are unique to the campaign I built them in. I can export them to other campaigns but then the "id-000x" links are broken. How do I make the tables an integral part of the ruleset?

damned
January 1st, 2021, 14:27
You should be able to roll a named table using the rollon command

psicodelix
January 2nd, 2021, 12:14
That worked beautifully, thanks. Nice button for the PCs to use to determine hit location. Problem is the tables are unique to the campaign I built them in. I can export them to other campaigns but then the "id-000x" links are broken. How do I make the tables an integral part of the ruleset?

You could export the table to a module, and make the link field reference the module.

Aramis Dante
January 2nd, 2021, 12:36
Very nice job and thank you.

damned
January 2nd, 2021, 13:13

You could always just add the math into the Roll Handler.

greybeardgunner70
January 3rd, 2021, 14:22
You could export the table to a module, and make the link field reference the module.

So I created a module with a number of items (images and tables mostly) that I want to be a part of the final ruleset. This module included the hit location tables. I opened a new campaign with the ruleset and loaded the module. Everything I want is there. However, when I open the new campaign's db.xml, it doesn't list any of the tables from the module, so I can't figure out which id-000x to use on the CS for the hit location rolls. How do I find out how the system has labeled the tables, without it showing in the db file (or force it to load them there).

If I were to go with using a linkreference button to the module itself, how would I do that? RecordName? Custom Properties? When referencing, do I simply use the module name (Harn Ruleset Final)? Would the module have to contain only the particular table I want to roll on?

damned
January 3rd, 2021, 14:31
function onClickrelease()
return TableManager.processTableRoll("rollon", "Hit Locations");
end

greybeardgunner70
January 3rd, 2021, 14:59
That worked! Thanks.

Ramid
January 5th, 2021, 10:51
Is it possible to inport an already existing ruleset project into the wizard?

psicodelix
January 5th, 2021, 11:19
Not at this moment. Maybe in the future, but not in the near future.

damned
January 5th, 2021, 11:26
You can just open an existing ruleset project. You dont need to import it.
You cant import a ruleset.
That is a massive leap in complexity.

greybeardgunner70
January 5th, 2021, 13:27
Combat Tracker tweaks.
When I load a CS/NPC into the tracker I get a few errors (mostly visual) I would like to fix. Please ref attached image.
1. There is a "ghost" box from the CoreRPG CT that I cant get rid of.
2. When I add a CS/NPC it automatically opens the targeting, spacing and effects windows for each, stacking them on top of each other as in the image. If I click on each of the buttons on top (ie, open and close targeting, effects, etc) it will close the windows.
3. I have no option to delete friendly CS/NPC from the list. Not under menu or by right clicking the CS/NPC in the CT. Deleting non-friendly or foes works as usual.

psicodelix
January 5th, 2021, 14:31
Combat Tracker tweaks.
When I load a CS/NPC into the tracker I get a few errors (mostly visual) I would like to fix. Please ref attached image.
1. There is a "ghost" box from the CoreRPG CT that I cant get rid of.
2. When I add a CS/NPC it automatically opens the targeting, spacing and effects windows for each, stacking them on top of each other as in the image. If I click on each of the buttons on top (ie, open and close targeting, effects, etc) it will close the windows.
3. I have no option to delete friendly CS/NPC from the list. Not under menu or by right clicking the CS/NPC in the CT. Deleting non-friendly or foes works as usual.

Combat tracket tweaking is very tricky due to the complexity of the CT window, you will need some custom controls with a specific custom anchoring to make it work propertly.

First of all I recommend you to check the Ruleset Wizard Core project included in your installation folder. This project already has a working implementation of the combat tracker with initiative, defense, wounds and all the basics of most game systems.

greybeardgunner70
January 5th, 2021, 17:46
I used your example as the base for my own. Loaded it into my ruleset and then minor edits. The biggest was the addition of the fourth input (IL or injury level). I dont have a problem doing my own troubleshooting, trial and error, etc but for the issues above, I don't even know where to start.