PDA

View Full Version : Help - PC auto-crits damage

tenebnonahs
September 1st, 2020, 14:30
Hello friends,

I have an odd situation that I and my group can't figure out. One of my players rolls attack rolls normally, but when he rolls damage it always rolls critical damage. We've reviewed the set-up of his weapons and don't see anything odd, and it doesn't happen for any of the other players. He switched characters and it still happens, so it must be a setting of some sort that we're missing. Any ideas?

Thanks, this is driving us nuts :)

Kelrugem
September 1st, 2020, 14:38
Hello friends,

I have an odd situation that I and my group can't figure out. One of my players rolls attack rolls normally, but when he rolls damage it always rolls critical damage. We've reviewed the set-up of his weapons and don't see anything odd, and it doesn't happen for any of the other players. He switched characters and it still happens, so it must be a setting of some sort that we're missing. Any ideas?

Thanks, this is driving us nuts :)

Does he use shift? When you press shift while rolling damage, then you always make a crit :D Maybe he has push-to-talk and uses shift to speak?

Granamere
September 1st, 2020, 15:53
Go to the character sheet. Go to the Action tab. Click on the magnifier glass next to Weapons. What is the Crit on set to? it should be 20 or maybe 19 if they have a feat. If it is 1 then you need to change it. Also the extra crit dice would normally be 0. Is the character a rouge which might also have a effect on them that give them crit?

lostsanityreturned
September 3rd, 2020, 02:21
Does he use shift? When you press shift while rolling damage, then you always make a crit :D Maybe he has push-to-talk and uses shift to speak?

yeah this is what I would be wagering, they are holding down shift and it is making every damage roll a crit. (it is a hugely useful feature, but I do think having it called out as a "forced crit" in the chat would be useful.

Kelrugem
September 3rd, 2020, 09:22
yeah this is what I would be wagering, they are holding down shift and it is making every damage roll a crit. (it is a hugely useful feature, but I do think having it called out as a "forced crit" in the chat would be useful.

Yes, some more indication could be indeed useful :)