PDA

View Full Version : Question about title bar

g0ntzal
September 1st, 2020, 10:29
Hi team!

I can read "Program title bar remains when maximized. This is a current limitation of Unity platform" in the "FGU Early Access - Known Differences and Issues" post.

I can see Unity apps and games working full screen or windowed without tittle bar. Why FGU can't get rid of the title bar?

Thanks in advance.

Zacchaeus
September 1st, 2020, 12:39
FG runs in a window - not in full screen.

g0ntzal
September 1st, 2020, 15:11
FG runs in a window - not in full screen.

What kind os reply is that? I'd appreciate a serious customer support.

Unity app running in a window before and after clicking on full screen button:

Syrinscape running in a windows before and after clicking on full screen button:

I'll publish FGU screenshots in different post in order to show the FGU behavior...

g0ntzal
September 1st, 2020, 15:11
Fantasy Grounds Unity running in a windows before and after clicking on full screen button:

Back to my original question... I can't understand what "current limitation of Unity platform" makes not possible to eliminate the title bar.

LordEntrails
September 1st, 2020, 16:05
The devs has said their is an issue with using Unity programs in full screen for multi-platform applications. They haven't said more than that. Maybe it's because of a specific library or such that they are using for FGU that other Unity apps are not using.

Does it really matter though? The devs have said it's not something that works reliably for FGU. It's something they are aware of, and it's something that if they felt they could reliably do it they would do it. Is it truly of value to question every design decision they make and then to question why they made those decisions?

g0ntzal
September 1st, 2020, 16:24
So... questions are not welcomed? My fault.

I thought I could make questions about development because of FGU is in early access stage. Being a Classic customer and a Kickstarter backer could be not enough maybe. And yes, for me is important to get rid of the menu bar and title bar and I would like to understand the reasons causing FGU presents the title bar and other Unity apps not.

But all is clear now. No questions, no criticism. There is no place for customers who try to understand or get a better FGU.

Kelrugem
September 1st, 2020, 16:39

I thought I could make questions about development because of FGU is in early access stage. Being a Classic customer and a Kickstarter backer could be not enough maybe. And yes, for me is important to get rid of the menu bar and title bar and I would like to understand the reasons causing FGU presents the title bar and other Unity apps not.

But all is clear now. No questions, no criticism. There is no place for customers who try to understand or get a better FGU.

Hm? How did you read that it is not welcomed? :) Actually, people are asking a lot here :) And give critics and wishes and so on :) I think you misread the other answers :) No worries, you can ask :D

In some earlier stage FGU had not title bar by the way, but then FGU was complete full-screen, so, even the windows bar at the bottom was hidden. Not everyone liked that and there were some problems which LordEntrails also mentioned, thus, it got removed at that moment :)

LordEntrails
September 1st, 2020, 16:40

No, that's not what I said nor what I intended you to take away from what I typed. I apologize for not communicating my thoughts clearly.

I can't think of another way to try and get my point across, so I won't try since it seems like I will fail again. Perhaps someone else will be able to reply in more useful manner.

Zacchaeus
September 1st, 2020, 17:30
I thought FGU ran in a window and would not therefore run full screen. Hence my original answer. But Kel is correct in that in early Alpha when maximized it covered the whole screen including the taskbar which was undesirable. I had forgotten that.