PDA

View Full Version : DISCHK: [Ability]

rhagelstrom
August 31st, 2020, 04:10
I can get the following effect to work properly

DISCHK

However when I do the following it has no effect on the insight check. Yes I tried Insight, insight and INSIGHT

DISCHK: insight

Am I doing something wrong?

LordEntrails
August 31st, 2020, 04:45
Please post ruleset specific questions in the correct forum. We have no idea which ruleset you are needing help with, so we can only spend time guessing as to what the correct answer might be.

rhagelstrom
August 31st, 2020, 05:25
Please post ruleset specific questions in the correct forum. We have no idea which ruleset you are needing help with, so we can only spend time guessing as to what the correct answer might be.

D&D 5E. Sorry the online documentation suggested the above is correct. I'll post in a different forum.

Zacchaeus
August 31st, 2020, 08:38
I can get the following effect to work properly

DISCHK

However when I do the following it has no effect on the insight check. Yes I tried Insight, insight and INSIGHT

DISCHK: insight

Am I doing something wrong?

DISCHK gives you disadvantage on an ability check. On it's own it gives disadvantage on all ability checks; to give disadvantage on only certain ability checks then follow the abilities after the keyword eg, DISCHK: intelligence, strength.

Insight is not an ability it is a skill. So if you want disadvantage on a skill roll then use DISSKILL, Again on it's own it will give disadvantage on all skill checks but if you want to narrow that doen then add the skills after the keyword eg DISSKILL: insight, athletics