PDA

View Full Version : Mad Nomad's Character Sheet Tweaks

MadNomadGM
August 31st, 2020, 01:12
Mad Nomad's Character Sheet Tweaks

Price: $5.00
Description: A large number of changes and additions to the character sheet for 5e that should streamline your play and add some new capabilities.

New UI and layout
Current HP
Auto XP
Locked fields on some fields to prevent player mistakes
Brand new Player journal tab
Level up notifiers
Quick access buttons
Skills for thieves tools, game sets, etc

Watch the video for details.
Get it on DMs Guild HERE (https://www.dmsguild.com/product/326461/Fantasy-Grounds-Mad-Nomads-Character-Sheet-Tweaks?affiliate_id=2733600)

Wizards Ghost
September 1st, 2020, 22:54
Used this tonight, and it was very much liked by my players. But it has one Problem: i cant add or open Adventure entries in the log Tab, please have a look at this, thx.

MadNomadGM
September 2nd, 2020, 00:25
Used this tonight, and it was very much liked by my players. But it has one Problem: i cant add or open Adventure entries in the log Tab, please have a look at this, thx.

Yup its definitely on my radar. Next patch will address this. Tonight or tomorrow. It's actually caused by the Combat Stats extension though, not the character sheet tweaks.

ScriedRaven
September 8th, 2020, 00:47
For anyone who wants to use this extension and Constitutional Ammendments (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?58607-5E-Constitutional-Amendments) here's an extension that allows the two to work together. UPDATE: Changed current HP box to that of Constitutional Ammendments, so it can now shift between Current HP and Wounds.

Addition: Extension to use this together with Current HP FGU (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?57134-Current-HP-Extension-for-5E-Ruleset-FGU-Version), or Current HP (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?44140-Current-HP-Extension-for-5E-Ruleset-FGC)

SmackDaddy
September 9th, 2020, 19:47
Not sure what I have going on here but since adding this extension, I noticed a couple things and pretty sure I have some conflict somewhere with another ext/mod....and if this is posted under the wrong extension, then my apologies....

Issues:
1. No matter what I set my inspiration to, it's showing three slots (happened with most recent update)
2. Two chat bubble "Speak as" options available - one partially hidden behind the "Inspiration" title
3. XP on main character sheet doesn't show what's needed for next level but if you check their level, it's listed there.

MadNomadGM
September 9th, 2020, 19:54
You are right. I am aware of those issues and conflicts. I have a new release that will be launching very soon that adresses those issues. Sorry for any i nconveniences.

eriktedesco
September 11th, 2020, 20:34
For anyone who wants to use this extension and Constitutional Ammendments (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?58607-5E-Constitutional-Amendments) here's an extension that allows the two to work together. You will need to change the load order of Constitutional Ammendments to 1001, but everything else is already set up

how do I do that? I'm no programmer. With the new update, is this version of const. Ammen. still necessary?

ScriedRaven
September 11th, 2020, 21:01
how do I do that? I'm no programmer. With the new update, is this version of const. Ammen. still necessary?

With the last update they still basically work together, although there are some oddities I haven't had the time to look into yet. On the plus side, the load order doesn't matter anymore

eriktedesco
September 12th, 2020, 14:56
The Adjust field of Constitutional Ammendments is not showing up. Is that how your modified version is supposte to work, ScriedRaven?

ScriedRaven
September 12th, 2020, 18:49
It should be showing up even if you don't have my merger loading. Do you have the most recent version of Mad Nomad's Tweaks? Because older versions would completely block it off

eriktedesco
September 12th, 2020, 18:53
I'll check it but I downloaded it yesterday.

eriktedesco
September 12th, 2020, 21:22
Ok, last version of MadNomad Char. Sheet Tweaks and ScriedRaven version of Const. Ammen.: no Adjust cell in the char. sheet.

When I try to load MeAndUnique version, sound and adjust cells are overlapping.

Last update of FGU, no modules and extensions loaded (except for those mentioned)

Any idea?

ScriedRaven
September 12th, 2020, 21:35
Wait, sound? There shouldn't be a sound box. Here's what it looks like for me39305

eriktedesco
September 12th, 2020, 21:36
Sorry, autocorrector...not sound but wound..

eriktedesco
September 12th, 2020, 21:40
I don't have this version of Constitutional Ammendments. Where do I find it? Thanks a lot ScriedRaven! ��

ScriedRaven
September 12th, 2020, 21:41
It's linked in my first comment

eriktedesco
September 12th, 2020, 21:42
Ok, sorry it's your version....but I'm not seeing the adjust field. Weird...

eriktedesco
September 13th, 2020, 09:48
ScriedRaven, problem solved!!!
You have to activate both MeAndUnique and your extensions.

That much was not clear to me! Anyway, now everything is working!

eriktedesco
September 13th, 2020, 13:08
Hi ScriedRaven and MadNomad, I noticed one problem with Char. sheet Tweaks and Const. Ammend.

Each time I increase a pg level, an error pops up and, while the MAX field is properly updated, the same cannot be said for the HP field.

AT present the only workaround is to turn off Const. Ammend., perform the level increase and turn on the extension again.

Is there a way to solve this issue?

ScriedRaven
September 13th, 2020, 16:57
What's the error mesage you're getting? I'm not getting any error messages on my end.

eriktedesco
September 13th, 2020, 17:14
What's the error mesage you're getting? I'm not getting any error messages on my end.

Here is a picture of the error popping out.

FGU latest update, Char. Sheet Tweak + Costitutional Ammendments + Constitution Ammendments MadNomad activated, no other modules or extensions activated (fresh campaign)

I just added the class (barbarian) to a empty character sheet but the sames error appear at each level increase, independently from class.

Hope this will help...

ScriedRaven
September 13th, 2020, 18:19
From what I can tell that is an old version of my extension, that doesn't work with the latest Tweaks. The new version I get the same error when adding a class for the first time, but it doesn't show up after that

eriktedesco
September 13th, 2020, 18:32
Nice to know that it's an extension version issue.
Char. Sheet Tweak and Constitutional Ammendments are both the latest version.

Where do I find the latest version of your extension? Is there a way to know the version of your extension?

Thanks again!!!

eriktedesco
September 13th, 2020, 18:40
ScriedRaven...you are using an older version of Const. Ammend. (1.2.1).

I'm using the 1.3.1. Could that be the issue?

ScriedRaven
September 13th, 2020, 19:23
I just update my post that in response to the original one.

The difference is that I use classic, not unity, as half the time I launch Unity I get some error or another. I had tested with the updated version of Constitutional Ammendments, I just use a slightly modified version, and didn't bother to modify the update.

eriktedesco
September 13th, 2020, 19:30
Ok! I take it that, at the moment, char. Sheet tweaks and const. Ammen. Are not compatible.

I hope they will be, sooner or later.

Thanks!

Rbbrbootz
April 9th, 2021, 20:36
I have an issue that, for some reason, CA.ext is not showing up as an option on my load screen. I started a post here (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?67672-Extensions-not-loading/) and was told to talk to the authors. Have you seen/heard anything about this issue?

MadNomadGM
April 9th, 2021, 22:51
I have an issue that, for some reason, CA.ext is not showing up as an option on my load screen. I started a post here (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?67672-Extensions-not-loading/) and was told to talk to the authors. Have you seen/heard anything about this issue?

Is the extension compatible with the ruleset you are using? Thats the only thing I can think of.

Rbbrbootz
April 9th, 2021, 23:31
Is the extension compatible with the ruleset you are using? Thats the only thing I can think of.
Sorry, wrong thread. As to your answer...it's 5E - CA. I'm making the assumption that it is 5e compatible, but I can see how that could be a mixup. Thanks

Ethkazin
May 11th, 2021, 07:21
Does this extension work with Constitutional Amendments and current hp

MadNomadGM
May 11th, 2021, 13:54
Does this extension work with Constitutional Amendments and current hp

Earlier in this thread Scried Raven has posted a version of constitutional amendments that is compatible.
I dont think its compatible with current HP, but it basically already has the functionality of current HP built in.

nephranka
May 12th, 2021, 01:46
Earlier in this thread Scried Raven has posted a version of constitutional amendments that is compatible.
I dont think its compatible with current HP, but it basically already has the functionality of current HP built in.

Great additions to the sheet!

I did noticed that the HPs are not locked on the players side(client) with only this ext running. Should they be? When I added Scried Raven's ext add on and constitutional amendments there is no change in behavior. The HP fields are not locked on the player side.

Thanks!

MadNomadGM
May 12th, 2021, 03:07
I don't think the extension locks the hp field for the players. I could look into making that an option though.

nephranka
May 12th, 2021, 10:07
Good to know! It is something I would use but I am not sure others would agree. Thanks!

nephranka
May 12th, 2021, 18:26
I did notice over at constitutional amendments they are talking about locking the fields.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?58607-5E-Constitutional-Amendments&p=599681#post599681

I will most likely post there as well.

similarly
June 17th, 2021, 00:51
Not sure what I have going on here but since adding this extension, I noticed a couple things and pretty sure I have some conflict somewhere with another ext/mod....and if this is posted under the wrong extension, then my apologies....

Issues:
1. No matter what I set my inspiration to, it's showing three slots (happened with most recent update)
2. Two chat bubble "Speak as" options available - one partially hidden behind the "Inspiration" title
3. XP on main character sheet doesn't show what's needed for next level but if you check their level, it's listed there.

I'm noticing the extra chat bubble as well. It doesn't seem to cause any problems, but it's making my OCD itch. Was this ever figured out?

Roach
June 18th, 2021, 08:35

Roach
June 18th, 2021, 09:04
First this forum did not display this posting, even after a refresh , so I reentered it - see below - but as soon as I had, it suddenly decided to show it after all
:confused:

Roach
June 18th, 2021, 09:13
I am not sure if there has been a fix for it, or if the incompatibility still exists: When I load (only) Constitutional Amendments, Constitutional Ammendments (the compatibility fix by SR), and the Character Sheet Tweaks, the link from Combat Tracker to the Character Sheet that is supposed to update the current wound status does not work. Changes to HP/wounds on the CT are displayed in the Tracker, but the display in the CS is not adjusted. Has there been a fix for this, or do I have to not to use Constitutional Amendments? The link from CS to Tracker works...
(Reentered, because for a while it seemed as if the latest version of Constitutional Amendments had fix this, but it turned out it didn't)

similarly
June 18th, 2021, 09:29
I am not sure if there has been a fix for it, or if the incompatibility still exists: When I load (only) Constitutional Amendments, Constitutional Ammendments (the compatibility fix by SR), and the Character Sheet Tweaks, the link from Combat Tracker to the Character Sheet that is supposed to update the current wound status does not work. Changes to HP/wounds on the CT are displayed in the Tracker, but the display in the CS is not adjusted. Has there been a fix for this, or do I have to not to use Constitutional Amendments? The link from CS to Tracker works...
(Reentered, because for a while it seemed as if the latest version of Constitutional Amendments had fix this, but it turned out it didn't)

Are you using the extra extension listed below? Will that help?

For anyone who wants to use this extension and Constitutional Ammendments (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?58607-5E-Constitutional-Amendments) here's an extension that allows the two to work together. UPDATE: Changed current HP box to that of Constitutional Ammendments, so it can now shift between Current HP and Wounds.

Addition: Extension to use this together with Current HP FGU (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?57134-Current-HP-Extension-for-5E-Ruleset-FGU-Version), or Current HP (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?44140-Current-HP-Extension-for-5E-Ruleset-FGC)

nephranka
June 18th, 2021, 10:51
I tested this setup and the WND field is updating on the CS as damage is done and recorded on the CT. I agree with @similarly that the posted ext is the fix for this issue. Maybe check that you have the current versions of the other extensions?

Roach
June 19th, 2021, 12:43
I've re-D/Led and reapplied all the MN exts and the Const Amendmements several times - the best result I got was that with one of the older ext d/ls (only) the link worked again - but the char sheet was missing the "max HP" box. :( It didn't help that there were updates of the CAmendExt that were seemingly based on earlier , non-current (and already changed) versions, thus undoing changes done in the meantime. :(
Right now I am just looking for a combo of extensions that will display the health bpxes correctly. I hope I recognize that display then - I've seen so many versions...

Mad Nomad
June 20th, 2021, 14:25
I've re-D/Led and reapplied all the MN exts and the Const Amendmements several times - the best result I got was that with one of the older ext d/ls (only) the link worked again - but the char sheet was missing the "max HP" box. :( It didn't help that there were updates of the CAmendExt that were seemingly based on earlier , non-current (and already changed) versions, thus undoing changes done in the meantime. :(
Right now I am just looking for a combo of extensions that will display the health bpxes correctly. I hope I recognize that display then - I've seen so many versions...

So there is a 3rd extension that you use if you are using Const Amendments and Character sheet tweaks. In your comment here, it didnt sound like you are using that. Just want to clarify that. If you are using that 3rd extension and still seeing those issues, then I guess it must be something else. Possibly a recent change impacted it. But sounds like it is still working for others so, I'm not sure.

MrDDT
June 29th, 2021, 13:30

To be perfectly clear, which the other posts are not.

To get Mad Nomad's Character Sheet Tweaks and Constitutional Amendments exts to work together, you need a total of 3 exts.
Mad Nomad's Character Sheet Tweaks ext
Constitutional Amendments ext
and the one by ScriedRaven posted up a bit called "5E - Constitutional Ammendments" (Yes it's spelled wrong because that's how he spelt it.

Then you will get like this. (I have other exts but they don't effect this)

Mad Nomad
June 29th, 2021, 13:37
Thanks for clarifying it and providing the extension name MrDDT

similarly
June 30th, 2021, 00:08
Here are the links to the three things you need:
Mad Nomad's Character Sheet Tweaks (DMsGuild): https://www.dmsguild.com/product/326461/Fantasy-Grounds-Mad-Nomads-Character-Sheet-Tweaks?affiliate_id=2733600
Constitutional Amendments by MeAndUnique: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?58607-5E-Constitutional-Amendments
ScriedRaven's extension to help run the above: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?61349-Mad-Nomad-s-Character-Sheet-Tweaks&p=540075&viewfull=1#post540075

BaneTBC
July 1st, 2021, 18:53
Maybe something to add to the opening post?

MrDDT
July 1st, 2021, 19:00
Maybe something to add to the opening post?

I don't think so. Because you don't need to note other peoples exts in your post. There are tons of ext that conflict or need a work around with other exts. It would be too many to list, then have to keep them all updated.

nephranka
July 28th, 2021, 15:59
Question about the journal part of the ext: When I link a story entry it works fine but if I update the story entry the link on the sheet does not reflect the update. It appears to be only a copy at the time the link was added to the sheet. Is that expected behavior? Thanks!

Mad Nomad
July 28th, 2021, 17:47
Question about the journal part of the ext: When I link a story entry it works fine but if I update the story entry the link on the sheet does not reflect the update. It appears to be only a copy at the time the link was added to the sheet. Is that expected behavior? Thanks!

Ya that's currently a limitation. Will try to fix that at some point.

nephranka
July 28th, 2021, 18:03
Ya that's currently a limitation. Will try to fix that at some point.

Thank you for the clarification.

Fingersome
October 7th, 2021, 08:20
Any word on if there is a fix for the conflict with Friendzone by MeAndUnique?
It basically causes the Log tab to get overwritten by the Cohorts page. I don't actually use the Log tab generally, but it seems like it might be an annoying bug if you're trying to play in an AL game with both extensions.

SmackDaddy
October 7th, 2021, 14:11
You might get a quicker answer from MNM if you were to ask in his discord.... he's been pretty busy but does reply in his discord usually within a day or so....

Fingersome
October 8th, 2021, 04:06
You might get a quicker answer from MNM if you were to ask in his discord.... he's been pretty busy but does reply in his discord usually within a day or so....

Good to know.

Tzorn
August 24th, 2022, 09:57
This great ext. disappear from DMs Guild and I cannot get any update to make it work with the latest version of FGU. where can I get an update ?

similarly
August 24th, 2022, 11:01
This great ext. disappear from DMs Guild and I cannot get any update to make it work with the latest version of FGU. where can I get an update ?

At DMsGuild, log in. Click on "My Library" at the top. You should still have it in your library.

EllivasKram
August 24th, 2022, 16:50
But also you can get a free upgrade to the forge hosted version if you follow instructions.

https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/599/view