PDA

View Full Version : Moving token player side

Smoltok
August 30th, 2020, 23:51
Hello,

I didn't understand why, in a FGU session, on the GM side we cannot lock player token in order to manage their movement.

Where is my mistake ?

LordEntrails
August 31st, 2020, 00:01
Please read the known issues list. Token locking has not been implemented in FGU. It is not planned on being implemented until sometime after full release.
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?50483

Smoltok
August 31st, 2020, 20:16
Please read the known issues list. Token locking has not been implemented in FGU. It is not planned on being implemented until sometime after full release.
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?50483

Ok I understand.

It will be difficult to play with players if they always move their or others tokens.

LordEntrails
August 31st, 2020, 20:47
Yes it will be. Hopefully your players are mature enough to not move their tokens when they shouldn't be.

Note that if your players are new to LOS, I suggest you setup a map with walls and terrain and their PC tokens and a bunch of NPCs on it. Load your campaign and let them log in and play around and explore. A lot like a session 0 where they can have their time to play. Then when its actually game time they can be mature and respectful :)

Smoltok
September 1st, 2020, 16:13
Yes it will be. Hopefully your players are mature enough to not move their tokens when they shouldn't be.

Note that if your players are new to LOS, I suggest you setup a map with walls and terrain and their PC tokens and a bunch of NPCs on it. Load your campaign and let them log in and play around and explore. A lot like a session 0 where they can have their time to play. Then when its actually game time they can be mature and respectful :)

You know what ? I will follow your example asap !

Thanks a lot for anserwing ! Gald to see people like you in this forum for years ^^

LordEntrails
September 1st, 2020, 16:16
Only a year longer than you have been here :)