PDA

View Full Version : Is 100% Homebrew possible?

Ironhammer33
August 30th, 2020, 21:50
Greetings.

I have been searching for an answer to this query and I do not see it, if it exists. Can I use Fantasy Grounds to run an entirely homebrew game or am I pigeon-holed into using a predetermined system?

Zacchaeus
August 30th, 2020, 22:03
Yes, you can homebrew all you want.

Unless you want to write a complete ruleset however you will want to base it on something. Core and especially MoreCore has all the basic things you would need but you can base it on any other ruleset you want.

LordEntrails
August 30th, 2020, 22:13
So in case you were not aware, CoreRPG and MoreCore do not have any assumed rules. They allow you to create character sheets with fields/attributes and then as needed/desired assign rolls to them. There are no assumptions as to what abilities, traits, or other types of things that you need/want.

Install the free demo, watch a few videos, take a free class at www.fantasygroundscollege.net and take a gander around a CoreRPG campaign of your own and see how things might work out for you. Lots of power, lost of flexibility.

Then when you think you know what you want, start building in MoreCore, it has more power than CoreRPG and might be the best solution for you, but it depends upon what your system is like.