PDA

View Full Version : MGT2 v1.1.5

MadBeardMan
August 30th, 2020, 14:26
Hi Folks,

Now that MGT2 v1.1.4a has been sent to FG, it's time to start on what may be the final of the v1.1.X release cycle as full speed ahead is on the Spacecraft Combat Tracker as High Guard finishes testing.

However, there are still some things required for CSC so as I build the SCT (Spacecraft Combat Tracker) let's get another smaller update.

Armour. That naughty code limiting armour remained in the CT Damage Check. It's been cleaned up, all worn armours are now cumulative
Equipment. Any piece (almost!) of equipment can have 'Characteristic Modifiers' attached to them, for example; DEX +2, STR -1. When these are equipped these are calculated and a Modifier is shown above the Characteristic in the Actions Tab (Character Status)
Action Modifiers. Both Weapon and Misc Actions now have a 'mod' field (before the total). This modifier is added/subtracted from the total.
Actions. Have added 'Add' buttons to both Weapon Attacks and Misc Actions. Weapon Attacks shortcuts now link to the Weapon in the Inventory so that new weapons can be added and linked to skills etc.
Systems. Moved Starport Facilities to its own tab. You can also add additional ports, for example, a downport, a seaport an airport, anything you like in fact.
Full Auto Ammo. When you attack using Full Auto the ammo will use '3' per attacks, if you only attack less than the auto you will need to change the ammo manually.
Ammo issue Fixed. Clicking the Attack showed an error, it's fixed now.
Dragging Ammo issue Fixed. When dragging some Ammo it told you that the weapon can use it, it's been fixed.

I want this to be a maximum of 4 weeks code window.

So let's get talking, what do people want to see now from the Core Rulebook/CSC book.

Cheers,
MBM

Xargun
August 30th, 2020, 14:38
I was thinking the same thing on the characteristic modifiers. Maybe its green if its been adjusted up and red if adjust down? Just need something simple I would think to remind people their characteristic is modified. As for the weapon mods characters can just have two copies of the weapon pertaining to a diff set of modifiers -- ie one for Short range and one for longer. Not the best, but should be easy. Also, I am guessing 1.1.5 would include ammo modifiers for weapons?

Xargun

MadBeardMan
August 30th, 2020, 14:47
I was thinking the same thing on the characteristic modifiers. Maybe its green if its been adjusted up and red if adjust down? Just need something simple I would think to remind people their characteristic is modified. As for the weapon mods characters can just have two copies of the weapon pertaining to a diff set of modifiers -- ie one for Short range and one for longer. Not the best, but should be easy. Also, I am guessing 1.1.5 would include ammo modifiers for weapons?

Xargun

Hi,

You should have the Ammo Mods already, they were part of 1.1.3. I have made a few adjustments in 1.1.4 though they should still work. Drag an Ammo over an applicable weapon and it should add the 'action' for that ammo.

Cheers,
MBM

Xargun
August 30th, 2020, 15:33
Hi,

You should have the Ammo Mods already, they were part of 1.1.3. I have made a few adjustments in 1.1.4 though they should still work. Drag an Ammo over an applicable weapon and it should add the 'action' for that ammo.

Cheers,
MBM

Oh ok.. I thought I remembered someone saying they didn't work but I could have been reading an old post. I will try it out later today.

Xargun

LordNanoc
September 1st, 2020, 07:53
*Can't think at this moment of a 'nice' way to show that (for example) your STR is at +3, though you are at '0' STR (due to weapons damage etc) but your STR will still show as 3. I'm thinking of showing the value in Green or Red on the character sheet. Yea, tricky.
Cheers,
MBM

One way I could imagine this to be displayed is, like in the DnD char sheet, having the Stats on the left and the modified stats on the right...
Other than that, there would only be the way to display it as a small number in the lower right corner of the stat, like what you did with the "resetbutton" at the wounds counter in the action tab. Just instead of the circle, you would display the modifyer.

So far my ideas. I ofc have no idea how difficult this is to implement :D

MadBeardMan
September 1st, 2020, 09:50
One way I could imagine this to be displayed is, like in the DnD char sheet, having the Stats on the left and the modified stats on the right...
Other than that, there would only be the way to display it as a small number in the lower right corner of the stat, like what you did with the "resetbutton" at the wounds counter in the action tab. Just instead of the circle, you would display the modifyer.

So far my ideas. I ofc have no idea how difficult this is to implement :D

Morning Lord,

On DnD 5E I can't see the modified stats on the right, those are the Saving Throws.....

I had planned for the Traveller Companion a new Character Sheet, I might look at what I had planned, but of course, Traveller has base Stats, Modified Stats (due to equipment) and Current Stats (due to injuries). Quite a mix, but I do like the idea of a tiny +1, or -3 etc on things. I'll investigate that.

Cheers,
MBM

esmdev
September 1st, 2020, 14:15
Morning Lord,

On DnD 5E I can't see the modified stats on the right, those are the Saving Throws.....

I had planned for the Traveller Companion a new Character Sheet, I might look at what I had planned, but of course, Traveller has base Stats, Modified Stats (due to equipment) and Current Stats (due to injuries). Quite a mix, but I do like the idea of a tiny +1, or -3 etc on things. I'll investigate that.

Cheers,
MBM

Maybe something like the CoC7 character sheet skills with the little boxes. Instead of 1/2 and 1/5 you could have base characteristic and gear/psionic/drug/whatever modified characteristic and then the main box could be current value based on combat etc. Would give all three scores in a tight area. It would also be nice if gear/psionics/etc could be implemented as effects so that they could expire based on duration, battery life, etc.

Probably a lot of work, but might think on it for the character sheet changes for the companion.

MadBeardMan
September 1st, 2020, 17:05
Gear as effects would only work if you use the CT to track rounds, which I don't outside of combat.

Dom was talking about there being a new effects system coming to CoreRPG, I hope that allow effects to use used outside of the CT.

Cheers,
MBM

Sylvesr
September 3rd, 2020, 17:26
I agree with Xargun. Red, green for the changes but would have the baseline stat (before any mods were added or subtracted) set as black.

Sylvesr

Kulthea
September 11th, 2020, 12:57
I've been using 1.1.3 in Unity for a while and usually my players use either energy weapons or plain slugthrower ammo. The past week someone bought some incendiary ammo (arsonist tendencies) and while in the CSC it's listed as being ok for Rifle - and works for a Rifle in the game - it can't be added to Advanced Combat Rifle, Heavy Advanced Combat Rifle or Combat Rifle. Seems that the code just looks literally for Rifle and not the better / military versions of the Rifle.

JohnQPublic
September 11th, 2020, 16:17
If you do red/green, PLEASE make it a dark red and a bright green to keep the contrast up as high as possible. Me and my red-green colorblind people would really appreciate it.

LordNanoc
September 12th, 2020, 09:18
If you do red/green, PLEASE make it a dark red and a bright green to keep the contrast up as high as possible. Me and my red-green colorblind people would really appreciate it.

In the name of my wife, who has achromatopsy, I second this request.

rcruk
September 12th, 2020, 20:45
Hi MBM,

Interesting to watch the development. Looking forward to a new character sheet. Throwing a few ideas out below.

3 or 4 little icons that stack next to the characteristic and indicate what type of positive/negative modifier is active? (Accessory/Augment/Effect(such as poison/drug)) Hovering over would reveal the details of the modifier?

I'd really like to see a slightly larger/adjustable character portrait size.

Would it be possible to allow players to arrange the order of the tabs on the side of the character sheet, with all but the cover sheet rearrange-able in any order?

Also a small Body diagram on the Action tab... Head, Torso, each arm, each leg that displays different armour for different locations (and optional automation for hit location or to aim at a particular part)...

Thanks again.

R.

esmdev
September 12th, 2020, 21:10
That is one of the reasons is it difficult to document the ruleset because it is so much in flux and hasn't really calmed down. I think once the ruleset is post-Companion, it will probably calm down and documentation will be easier for an unpaid intern to maintain. :)

MadBeardMan
September 13th, 2020, 14:13
I've been using 1.1.3 in Unity for a while and usually my players use either energy weapons or plain slugthrower ammo. The past week someone bought some incendiary ammo (arsonist tendencies) and while in the CSC it's listed as being ok for Rifle - and works for a Rifle in the game - it can't be added to Advanced Combat Rifle, Heavy Advanced Combat Rifle or Combat Rifle. Seems that the code just looks literally for Rifle and not the better / military versions of the Rifle.

Thanks for this, the filter should be on 'Rifle', CSC added a few more sub-groups so I'll double check and fix.

Cheers,
MBM

MadBeardMan
September 13th, 2020, 14:14
That is one of the reasons is it difficult to document the ruleset because it is so much in flux and hasn't really calmed down. I think once the ruleset is post-Companion, it will probably calm down and documentation will be easier for an unpaid intern to maintain. :)

Very true, which is why I've not wanted to start documenting just yet!

I am willing to make Videos but need support for those.

Cheers,
MBM

MadBeardMan
September 13th, 2020, 14:21
Hi MBM,

Interesting to watch the development. Looking forward to a new character sheet. Throwing a few ideas out below.

3 or 4 little icons that stack next to the characteristic and indicate what type of positive/negative modifier is active? (Accessory/Augment/Effect(such as poison/drug)) Hovering over would reveal the details of the modifier?

I'd really like to see a slightly larger/adjustable character portrait size.

Would it be possible to allow players to arrange the order of the tabs on the side of the character sheet, with all but the cover sheet rearrange-able in any order?

Also a small Body diagram on the Action tab... Head, Torso, each arm, each leg that displays different armour for different locations (and optional automation for hit location or to aim at a particular part)...

Thanks again.

R.

Hi Chap,

The 'new' character sheet is based on the updated sheet for the Companion. Where the stats are on the left with the 'empty' hexes for the optional stats.

There's no way (that I know) that the tabs can be re-ordered. A character sheet is a template (fixed) where things can be set to flow and attached to other fields etc, but the tabs/pages themselves are fixed.

Once the 'to hit' rules from the Companion are in use, I do think a nice diagram would be useful, though I think we'd need a template for each race!

Cheers,
MBM

rcruk
September 13th, 2020, 20:18
Once the 'to hit' rules from the Companion are in use, I do think a nice diagram would be useful, though I think we'd need a template for each race!

Cheers,
MBM

Ha yes of course.

An extra complication I hadn't considered. A 'to hit' table to which can be added extra limbs, heads etc. as extra rows in the table - covering anything that characters might face or be? The category of each of these would then link to an armour item. Or maybe we could drop the armour item pin onto the rows to apply it's protection to those areas - that way a row could be named anything be it tentacle, limb, air sack or whatever, the only difference being the protection effect conferred on it by the item pin?

I see now linking this to an image for each possible body configuration is asking a little too much.

R.

MadBeardMan
October 4th, 2020, 19:55
Folks,

I've just completed the work that allows any peice of equipment the ability to modify a Travellers Characteristic(s).

For example, I edited an Combat Assault Rifle and added DEX -2 then saved it. Now I went into the Equipment and made sure it was Equipped. Went back to the Action Tab, and above the DEX value in Character Status is a -2 DEX. The DEX value is still 9 (which is the base value and a DM of 1) and the Current Value show's 9, but if you make a dice roll using that stat you'll notice the DM is 0. This is because the DM is calculated on the base value +/- the modifier.

The reason it doesn't modify the Current Value (or the base Value) is because you don't get less or more 'health' from these items, they don't modify your stats for damage.

Now I need to make sure the Core Rulebook/Central Supply Catalogue data is updated for this new field (Modifiers). Like all updated Data, the player will need to remove/add again the updated Data for the updates to be used.

Cheers,
MBM

Sylvesr
October 4th, 2020, 21:30
Like all updated Data, the player will need to remove/add again the updated Data for the updates to be used.

Cheers,
MBM

MBM,
Does this information as quoted above mean that we users need to uninstall the CRB and CSC and reinstall them to make the changes work? What other elements of the game do we need to do that to as well? If it was not the CRB and CSC you were referring to then I am rather lost as to your instructions.
Thanks,

MadBeardMan
October 4th, 2020, 22:09
MBM,
Does this information as quoted above mean that we users need to uninstall the CRB and CSC and reinstall them to make the changes work? What other elements of the game do we need to do that to as well? If it was not the CRB and CSC you were referring to then I am rather lost as to your instructions.
Thanks,

Hi,

No is the answer.

The data updates are done when you update FG.

What you have to do is to replace a characters 'copy' with the updated data. The easiest way of doing this, delete from their equipment list, and then re-add them. Just like what was needed when CSC launched for the updated protection data.

Cheers,
MBM

esmdev
October 4th, 2020, 23:01
Basically when items are updated in modules (like CSC) the information on the character sheet will not change unless you manually change it (delete and re-add). This makes it so that if you specifically customize an item in inventory it doesn't get unintentionally overwritten.

MadBeardMan
October 4th, 2020, 23:52
Folks,

Also have done this for v1.1.5.

Actions. Have added 'Add' buttons to both Weapon Attacks and Misc Actions. Weapon Attacks shortcuts now link to the Weapon in the Inventory so that new weapons can be added and linked to skills etc.

Going to go quiet on v1.1.5 now for the week coming, as back on MoN (Call of Cthulhu) but I will be updating the Spacecraft CT whilst we await High Guard.

Cheers,
MBM

Sylvesr
October 5th, 2020, 03:01
Folks,

Also have done this for v1.1.5.

Going to go quiet on v1.1.5 now for the week coming, as back on MoN (Call of Cthulhu) but I will be updating the Spacecraft CT whilst we await High Guard.

Cheers,
MBM

You are a saint in action and title... Thank you for your continued hard work on this incredible game. ~Lee

Dalton Calford
October 5th, 2020, 17:07
Is it possible to expand the world details section?
Multiple, specific to purpose notes sections ie Notes on the System with either an embedded system map and or a place to link to the system, J6 regional map etc, Notes on the Sophant breakdown ie Common Races, Common Languages etc. World description, A tab for NPC links etc.
All of this information is available from multiple sources but mostly from the traveller map. I can provide all the J-6 maps if you want, I have the scripts that downloaded all the graphics for them.

esmdev
October 5th, 2020, 17:47
Multiple, specific to purpose notes sections ie Notes on the System with either an embedded system map and or a place to link to the system, J6 regional map etc, Notes on the Sophant breakdown ie Common Races, Common Languages etc. World description, A tab for NPC links etc.
All of this information is available from multiple sources but mostly from the traveller map. I can provide all the J-6 maps if you want, I have the scripts that downloaded all the graphics for them.

You can do all this already.

Create a system
Take the maps you want an add them to your graphics library and share them.
Drag the maps to the notes tab in your system.
Add your information to the main notes section (FG not system) and set to public.
Drag the notes into the notes tab for system.
You can also add other random text into the notes for your system.
When you are satisfied with the appearance share the system.
Your players will now have access to your system in whatever format you choose to setup.

As the ruleset is licensed by Mongoose, MadBeardMan generally keeps the ruleset compliant to MGT2. Anything outside that can fall outside the license and into territory owned by other companies (like T5 system data is Far Future Enterprises and not Mongoose). So the way it is setup now we referees can build our worlds with MGT2 data, but can add whatever we like in whatever format we choose using the notes tab and FG's built in linking system. I've found that it works very well for me.

Hopefully this is useful.

MadBeardMan
October 5th, 2020, 18:07

Hi Dalton,

At this time I have no real plans to add any more specific items to Systems/Worlds, but I'll add this to the todo list, though the Notes section can contain all of this (maps as links).

I wouldn't be able to add any maps myself as these are official Mongoose products, though nothing stopping you adding them as a free module and putting the copyright info or permission in the README.md

I've also not found a way to embed an image, that would be great.

I'd also say at this point, that I've changed the way System data is shared in books, no longer are they reference only, you can now edit them, but be careful you can revert back to the book and lose your changes.

Cheers,
MBM

Cheers,
MBM

esmdev
October 6th, 2020, 20:10
I was thinking, when you make a change, like armor layers, maybe you could create an option to toggle allow layers. That way you can keep both in the ruleset and referees can pick and choose. Just an idea for future revisions. :)

Dalton Calford
October 6th, 2020, 20:37
Hi MBM,

I am trying to get the Library Data module and starship deckplans all into the system for my upcoming games - How about moving the UPP stuff onto a second page and have the Sector/SubSector/Hex Location along with a Notes/Description text on the first tab, then have the UPP, moved to a second tab.
In this way, the player is faced with something that looks like a wiki/library data entry.

I've also not found a way to embed an image, that would be great.

I have been playing with an extension called "author.ext" which does allow inline images. I have been doing up my library data work with it. The code is not encrypted so you could possibly see what they are doing?

MadBeardMan
October 7th, 2020, 08:56
Hi MBM,

I am trying to get the Library Data module and starship deckplans all into the system for my upcoming games - How about moving the UPP stuff onto a second page and have the Sector/SubSector/Hex Location along with a Notes/Description text on the first tab, then have the UPP, moved to a second tab.
In this way, the player is faced with something that looks like a wiki/library data entry.

I have been playing with an extension called "author.ext" which does allow inline images. I have been doing up my library data work with it. The code is not encrypted so you could possibly see what they are doing?

That extension builds the Reference Manuals which do allow inline images, but character sheets/record sheets don't, otherwise I'd think DnD 5E modules would have the images in the NPC sheets rather than a link. However, I will ask and see.

Cheers,
MBM

esmdev
October 7th, 2020, 14:56
That extension builds the Reference Manuals which do allow inline images, but character sheets/record sheets don't, otherwise I'd think DnD 5E modules would have the images in the NPC sheets rather than a link. However, I will ask and see.

Cheers,
MBM

To be honest, I find it less cumbersome to use the click links over having a picture embedded. If I'm looking at the same world over and over again for whatever reason the click links don't take up nearly as much screen space needing to be bypassed and if for some reason I want to look at the image I can click it and it will then open in a separate window which I can then leave up and off to the side. It makes it easier to not have to scroll up and down to get from picture to information to have the image in a separate window. :)

Xargun
October 7th, 2020, 14:57
To be honest, I find it less cumbersome to use the click links over having a picture embedded. If I'm looking at the same world over and over again for whatever reason the click links don't take up nearly as much screen space needing to be bypassed and if for some reason I want to look at the image I can click it and it will then open in a separate window which I can then leave up and off to the side. It makes it easier to not have to scroll up and down to get from picture to information to have the image in a separate window. :)

Think its more of a personal choice.

Xargun

MadBeardMan
October 7th, 2020, 15:02
Hi Folks,

It is more of a personal choice, but I don't think Embedded Images is possible in Record Sheets.

Anyway, something I thought off whilst prepping my game last night. I need a Spaceport - High and a Downport. So I'm thinking of adding a new Tab called 'Spaceports' and have one fixed (the one moved from the front-page).

Then add a 'plus' button to add more with a new field showing 'Port Type:' in my case one 'Highport' one 'Downport', this would be quick to add. I welcome thoughts.

Cheers,
MBM

adzling
October 7th, 2020, 15:50
i like that idea mbm!

esmdev
October 7th, 2020, 16:10
Hi Folks,

It is more of a personal choice, but I don't think Embedded Images is possible in Record Sheets.

Anyway, something I thought off whilst prepping my game last night. I need a Spaceport - High and a Downport. So I'm thinking of adding a new Tab called 'Spaceports' and have one fixed (the one moved from the front-page).

Then add a 'plus' button to add more with a new field showing 'Port Type:' in my case one 'Highport' one 'Downport', this would be quick to add. I welcome thoughts.

Cheers,
MBM

Sounds good to me.

rcruk
October 7th, 2020, 17:54
Hi Folks,

Cheers,
MBM

Sounds like a great idea. The plus button being especially useful for balkanised worlds.

R.

Dalton Calford
October 7th, 2020, 18:39
Hi Folks,

Cheers,
MBM

A starport, depending upon its population, importance, RU income etc could have both a high and low port. They may have limited docking berths as well as a maximum berth size. They may have a port authority that has a pilot come aboard to fly the ship in, or have a separate customs area, needing negotiations with both brokers and cargo handlers.
Babylon 5 had whole plot points around this one aspect alone. One of the JTAS issues goes in depth about queing up for getting a berth.
Overall, I don't think a series of fields is what is needed as everyone's campaign is slightly different but a Formated Text field that allows the Referee to put in the details they want for that world, even if it is autogenerated, would be good.

I believe the needed field would be one of either formattedtextcontrol or formattedtextfield depending upon how you are doing things.

But, overall, yes, a starport details field would be wonderful, as would a welcome to field, a history of field etc. I wish there was a way to have dynamic tabs that you could have or not have depending upon the information/needs.

esmdev
October 7th, 2020, 18:51
FGU: I noticed that the Tons Available is still not displaying the T in the trade tab of system. (It is fine in FGC)

MadBeardMan
October 8th, 2020, 14:29
FGU: I noticed that the Tons Available is still not displaying the T in the trade tab of system. (It is fine in FGC)

Ah so FGC aligns text to the left, where-as FGC aligns to the right. I'll check in FGU tonight to see if my fix has worked.

Then I'll start on the idea above at the weekend as I'm still working on other things.

Cheers,
MBM

MadBeardMan
October 10th, 2020, 17:38
Folks,

I've fixed up the Font issue with FGU.

Also regarding the conversation about ports. In my own games some systems (Wardn) for exmaple as a Downport, however Regina has a very active Highport and a couple of Downports, so now you can add all those extra details.

Also note that I've stopped the Systems/Worlds being exported as 'Reference' data, meaning you can edit the data. For example, in Behind the Claw you will be able to edit any of the Systems from that book. Be aware, that if you edit any of the details and then 'revert' you'll lose everything within that System. You have been warned.

I think this is it for v1.1.5 so nice features and some bug fixes. So going bug fix only for the next week and then sending it.

Then we'll be in limbo until High Guard is released. Thus I'll be 100% focused on the Spacecraft extension, first up fix the actions issue. Soon as I get a date for High Guard I'll post on the fourms and then focus on putting the extension into the v2.X.X release branch.

Cheers,
MBM

Xargun
October 10th, 2020, 18:39
Everything sounds great MBM

Xargun

greyseasunder
October 13th, 2020, 20:03
Folks,

...I think this is it for v1.1.5 so nice features and some bug fixes. So going bug fix only for the next week and then sending it.

Then we'll be in limbo until High Guard is released. Thus I'll be 100% focused on the Spacecraft extension, first up fix the actions issue. Soon as I get a date for High Guard I'll post on the fourms and then focus on putting the extension into the v2.X.X release branch.

Cheers,
MBM

Thanks MBM! Looking forward to Highguard and 1.1.5! Will come just in time for me/my players- my characters will be jumping into High n' Dry shortly. Thank you!

Dalton Calford
October 14th, 2020, 14:53
Am I the only one who checks in daily to see if the new material is ready to buy yet?
MBM, if you have not been told yet today, you are a hero to alot of us.

greyseasunder
October 14th, 2020, 15:24
Am I the only one who checks in daily to see if the new material is ready to buy yet?
MBM, if you have not been told yet today, you are a hero to alot of us.
Yup- daily. Looking forward to Highguard! Thanks again MBM.

Xargun
October 14th, 2020, 16:06
I don't check for things to purchase daily - unless someone in these forums says something has been released :)

Xargun

esmdev
October 14th, 2020, 18:35
New products are released on the FG store on Tuesdays, so no need to check any other days. Usually general patches happen on Tuesdays, though Unity patches more often based on need.

Sylvesr
October 14th, 2020, 23:20
Thank you for fixing the fonts. My eyes are ever so much happier now! Cheers.
Lee

Xargun
October 24th, 2020, 17:05
Question about attribute modifiers. So if someone is wearing power armor which alters their Str and Dex - will that then alter their HP as well? Or is the update 'smart' enough to only apply the altered stats for skill checks ?

Xargun

MadBeardMan
October 24th, 2020, 17:12
Question about attribute modifiers. So if someone is wearing power armor which alters their Str and Dex - will that then alter their HP as well? Or is the update 'smart' enough to only apply the altered stats for skill checks ?

Xargun

Hi Xargun,

If your armour gives +2 on your STR, and your current STR is 7, your nomal DM is 0, but with the Armour 'Worn' it will be +1. Your Current STR will still show 7 as these mods do not alter your available STR for damage absorption.

I hope this answers your question.

Cheers

Xargun
October 24th, 2020, 19:08
Hi Xargun,

If your armour gives +2 on your STR, and your current STR is 7, your nomal DM is 0, but with the Armour 'Worn' it will be +1. Your Current STR will still show 7 as these mods do not alter your available STR for damage absorption.

I hope this answers your question.

Cheers

I think it does.. Thanks

Xargun

esmdev
October 27th, 2020, 17:37
Did a quick check on the armor layering, it seems to be working great now. :)

MadBeardMan
October 27th, 2020, 17:49
Did a quick check on the armor layering, it seems to be working great now. :)

Hi,

I'm at work, has 1.1.5 been released then?

Enjoy the new stuff, not sure if anyone tested in TEST so erm fingers crossed nothing bad happened!

v1.1.6 will go to TEST tomorrow then

Cheers,
MBM

esmdev
October 27th, 2020, 18:36
Hi,

Enjoy the new stuff, not sure if anyone tested in TEST so erm fingers crossed nothing bad happened!

Cheers,
MBM

I kept checking the test channel and never saw 1.1.5, but it was released today in live so I did some quick testing using different armor types, like reflec and vacc suit vs. laser to see if the default 10 and laser 10 would stack, no problems. :)

adzling
October 27th, 2020, 20:01
1.1.5 released and downloaded!

is there a changelog/ features added to 1.1.5 somewhere?
thanks

esmdev
October 27th, 2020, 20:09
1.1.5 released and downloaded!

is there a changelog/ features added to 1.1.5 somewhere?
thanks

Patches are all documented in the City Hall forum. The most recent are located here:

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?63122-Release-Updates-for-October-27th-2020

Pharoid
October 28th, 2020, 03:37
Fixed the issues I was having with ammo types, thanks!

LordNanoc
October 29th, 2020, 11:16
Hi,

Yup, it's arrived

Enjoy the new stuff...

Cheers,
MBM

I confess, I have been off the grid lately, but having to keep big projects at work going and another lockdown looming over us (our neighbors in Germany and some other european states are already ordering those), as well as being there for my family, I simply could not make time for testing. What little moments I had for myself, I needed to keep developing my homebrew campaign (making it fit for FGU atm to have something to play remotely with my pals, once they lock us in again).

So sorry again, I hope this will get better soon and I will have more time converting things for FG and testing MBMs stuff...

Stay safe everyone.
Nanoc.

Sylvesr
October 30th, 2020, 02:29
In order for some of the updates to be visible, you may need to open the modules window from Library->Modules, right click on the module and select "revert changes". Be warned, any edits you've made will be lost.

The following products have been updated:

Central Supply Catalogue (Traveller 2E (Mongoose))
[Added] Added Robot NPCs
I tried to do the above but when I right click only an X pops up. No option to revert changes is offered. Does anyone have any suggestions?
In the robot element added in the above I checked and don't see any information about robot NPCs (which led me to the above thinking that my system didn't accept the recent changes) Thank you.

MadBeardMan
October 30th, 2020, 17:02
Robots are NPC's. So look in NPC's and you will see if you've got the CSC loaded, all the robots mixed in with the Core Rulebooks NPC's and any others you've made or some other loaded modules. The easiest thing is to filter the NPC list, which you do at the top, filter that to the CSC and you'll have the robots.

Sylvesr
October 30th, 2020, 18:39
You can do all this already.

Create a system
Take the maps you want an add them to your graphics library and share them.
Drag the maps to the notes tab in your system.
Add your information to the main notes section (FG not system) and set to public.
Drag the notes into the notes tab for system.
You can also add other random text into the notes for your system.
When you are satisfied with the appearance share the system.
Your players will now have access to your system in whatever format you choose to setup.

As the ruleset is licensed by Mongoose, MadBeardMan generally keeps the ruleset compliant to MGT2. Anything outside that can fall outside the license and into territory owned by other companies (like T5 system data is Far Future Enterprises and not Mongoose). So the way it is setup now we referees can build our worlds with MGT2 data, but can add whatever we like in whatever format we choose using the notes tab and FG's built in linking system. I've found that it works very well for me.

Hopefully this is useful.

Esmdev, this above worked super. I followed it and you are spot on. Thanks.

Sylvesr
October 30th, 2020, 18:42
Robots are NPC's. So look in NPC's and you will see if you've got the CSC loaded, all the robots mixed in with the Core Rulebooks NPC's and any others you've made or some other loaded modules. The easiest thing is to filter the NPC list, which you do at the top, filter that to the CSC and you'll have the robots.

Got it. I found them. Machos gracias.