PDA

View Full Version : Issues adding encounters to combat tracker - Dungeon Crawl Classics Ruleset

caledoniaman
August 29th, 2020, 11:45
Morning all.

Was running DCC last night on Unity and FG kept crashing when I tried to add an encounter to the combat tracker.

When I drag (or click the add) any encounter to the combat tracker, I get an overlay error message.
When this happens, it adds the enemy but it doesn't add multiple enemies (so if there are 3 Orcs, it only adds one)
I can't then subsequently add additional NPCs manually.
This wasn't an issue prior to the most recent update.
This problem doesn't happen with the 5e ruleset, which I've tested it with.

Screenshot attached.38904
If anyone could shed any light on this I'd be grateful as it absolutely scuppered our game last night.

caledoniaman
August 29th, 2020, 12:03
The error being reported was as follows:-

[ERROR]Script execution error: [string "scripts/manager_combat2.lua"]:125: attempt to add global 'randomName' (a nil value)

caledoniaman
August 29th, 2020, 12:36
It appears to be related to the NPC Numbering setting. If set to "Random" this error occurs. If set to "Off" then the error doesn't occur.

LordEntrails
August 29th, 2020, 15:43
Please see https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?51687-How-to-Report-Issues-Bugs-and-Problems and post the requested information so that we can duplicate and help resolve this issue more quickly. Thanks!