PDA

View Full Version : BUG REPORT-Adding a portrait to an Archetype duplicates portrait on another character

YggBjorn
August 29th, 2020, 10:23
Summary:
When the GM adds a portrait to an Archetype (Savage Worlds Adventure Edition pre-generated character) it causes that portrait to appear on another character.

Ruleset(s):
SavageWorlds - Savage Worlds Adventure Edition - Deadlands Reloaded

New Campaign / FGC Migrated Campaign:
New campaign just started a few days ago.

Extensions/Themes:
Feature: Adventure Deck
GM Icon
Message of the Day
Setting: Deadlands Reloaded
Theme: Wood

Modules Loaded:
Deadlands Reloaded: Marshal's Handbook
Deadlands Reloaded: Player's Handbook
Deadlands Reloaded: Smith & Robards 1880 Catalog
Lynched! one shot
SWADE Adventure Deck
SWADE GM Guide
SWADE Player Guide

Operating System / Language Setting:
Windows 10 Home
Version 1909
OS build 18363.1016
English language

Steps to Reproduce:
1 - Open CHARACTERS window.
2 - Press Archetype button.
3 - Create a new character sheet in the ARCHETYPES window. For ease of tracking, name it BOB.
4 - Go back to CHARACTERS window.
5 - Create a new character sheet in the CHARACTERS window. Name it PHIL.
6 - Assign a token from the TOKEN window to BOB.
7 - Watch as it appears on PHIL

I was able to reproduce it a few times, I have a screenshot, however on the final attempts to reproduce it I encountered a script error:
[8/29/2020 2:48:14 AM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] Script execution error: [string "scripts/manager_campaigndata.lua"]:254: setPortrait: Unable to locate character specified in parameter 1

Now I can't get any token to stick to any character sheet.
I saved the campaign with the '/save' chat command.
I compiled the logs from the console and am closing to launcher to reload.
I got another error:
[8/29/2020 2:56:28 AM] Tabletop scene exiting.
[8/29/2020 2:56:28 AM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] Object (DATABASENODE) deleted without cleaning up attached Lua object.
I compiled another set of logs from the console.
Loaded the campaign and am still getting the error:
[8/29/2020 3:00:47 AM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] Script execution error: [string "scripts/manager_campaigndata.lua"]:254: setPortrait: Unable to locate character specified in parameter 1
Compiled a third set of logs.
Going to shut the software down fully and reload.
Still couldn't assign a token to BOB but I could to PHIL. Deleted BOB and PHIL. Created a new archetype character sheet and a new regular character sheet. Dropped a token on the archetype portrait and it assigned the same token to the regular character sheet portrait. I have the one screenshot attached. I have the three logs but I would rather not attach them to the post seeing as how it has my IP address in them. I can send them in a PM after I wake up, however it is very late and I am going to bed.

I have over 350 hours in Fantasy Grounds Classic, most of that as a GM, and am eagerly awaiting the full release of FGU! I appreciate the time and energy everyone is putting in the software. Keep up the good work! :D

Edit: I have decided to attach the log files.

Edit 2: I think I am running FGU v4.0.0 ULTIMATE (2020-08-26)

YggBjorn
September 2nd, 2020, 21:59
After further testing it seems the portrait picture doesn't stick reliably to the Archetype character anyway. So a workaround is to wait until the archetype is imported into the game as a PC and apply the portrait and token then.

Moon Wizard
September 3rd, 2020, 07:36
I've sent an email to the SW ruleset developer. Portraits are specifically only supported for PCs; so archetype records should not allow portraits to be set (since they would actually override PC portraits).

Regards,
JPG