PDA

View Full Version : Can these specs run FGU?

Rex of Friendship Party
August 28th, 2020, 21:01
Windows 10, Ram 8gb, I5-6300U

It has a Intel HD Graphics 520. It's specs for one of my playeers and I'm thinking of upgrading to Uniity. Think he'll have issues when taking advantage of the new features line Line of Sight?

Moon Wizard
August 28th, 2020, 21:15
I'm not sure. System prerequisites are not an exact science; since part of it is driven by what the development tools support/allow, and by what the application is doing.

The graphics card is 5 years old (and I'm assuming the rest of the computer), so I'm guessing that it might not be able to handle more than a single LoS map at a time and I would probably only load the PHB and not all the books.

I'll ask Carl if he has any insights.

Thanks,
JPG

Moon Wizard
August 28th, 2020, 21:17
The player might also be able to load up the Demo; and try turning on LoS in some of the sample campaign maps, adding tokens and moving them around. They can also look at the Task Manager to see the CPU/GPU utilization while doing that. It might give a better idea.

Regards,
JPG

pindercarl
August 28th, 2020, 22:45
Windows 10, Ram 8gb, I5-6300U

It has a Intel HD Graphics 520. It's specs for one of my playeers and I'm thinking of upgrading to Uniity. Think he'll have issues when taking advantage of the new features line Line of Sight?

The performance will depend, in part, on the type of campaign you are running. In particular, the complexity of encounters. As the map and combat tracker fill up with tokens, you will see a hit on performance. Anecdotally, I have a late 2014 MacMini with a 1.4GHz i5, 4GB of memory, and an Intel HD Graphics 5000 that runs FGU just fine at 1920x1080, though I've never tested more than half-dozen tokens on a map with LOS. I will second John's suggestion of installing the demo and launching the sample 5E campaign.