PDA

View Full Version : DnD 5E - Isekai/Video game adventure (Interest check)

Musigmus
August 28th, 2020, 12:35
An interest check for D&D 5e set in a videogame world (like in sword arts online/rise of the shield hero and such).
Players would get sucked into a MMOrpg and become their characters in a videogame world.
I would limit the resources for character creation to the players handbook (or basic rules), other material or options need to be approved.
27 point point buy will be used for ability scores.
You will start with "starter equipment" based off your class (not the standard equipment from the rules, but custom starting equipment for this setting).
There will be some houserules, such as a fumble table and a critical hit table (where armor and/or weapon might break) and there may be wear on equipment.

We will be using fantasy grounds classic and its built in text-chat for play.

Would anyone be interested?

Please respond in the thread and not in PM.

Coffers
August 28th, 2020, 14:04
What days and times are you thinking about and how often would the game take place?

Musigmus
August 28th, 2020, 15:29
Im open for discussion when it comes to times, but I am in GMT +1 timezone (sweden).
Im thinking fridays or saturdays, either weekly or every other week.

mmanultra
August 28th, 2020, 16:42
If you're in Sweden would you consider doing the game late in the afternoon/early in the evening? I have a friend who moved to India recently who wants to play. Something like 4:30 or 5 PM your time. I would be playing in the morning as I'm in the eastern time zone of the United States, but it would be a reasonable time for me to be up.

Musigmus
August 28th, 2020, 19:21
That would depend alittle on the individual date, but It is possible.

mmanultra
August 28th, 2020, 20:37
Would Friday or Saturday work for that time then? I would appreciate the accommodation since my friend had to recently drop out of our other game we were playing due to the move. Working with your timezone would be much more manageable for us. Plus the concept of the game sounds cool.

Musigmus
September 1st, 2020, 13:08
as I said, It would depend on wich Friday or saturday.

mmanultra
September 4th, 2020, 17:05
So you're only doing text chat? I was going to ask for a Discord or something... So may my friend and I be considered apart of the group? We'd be fine with whatever variation in the playtime, whether that's every week or every other week or what have you, as long as the time is reasonable for us. I think you should consider posting again to signal boost the campaign. I saw another player from Sweden make a looking for group post while browsing recently. You're halfway to a party of four if you consider my friend and I. Wish you luck in finding a group regardless.