PDA

View Full Version : Data path resetting. Where does FGU store it's "data" and "app" paths?

celestian
August 27th, 2020, 16:52
At some point FGU stopped allowing you to have the data nested in the app path and so I moved it and used the "settings" option in FGU to correct it.

However, anytime I run "settings" now it resets the "data" path back to the old one. I'll set it again and ... once again if I go into settings it will be reset.

I dug around looking in my app/data paths looking for a file that looked like a "config" file that contains the data and app path. I also dug through the registry in windows.

I want to find that file and correct it. Also, this should be looked into ;)

Trenloe
August 27th, 2020, 16:59
Windows registry - Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\SmiteWorks\Fan tasy Grounds - DataDir string value.

If you need to change the AppDir it's in Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\SmiteWorks\Fa ntasy Grounds

Moon Wizard
August 27th, 2020, 17:36
It was specifically not allowed; because uninstalling deletes the app folder completely which means all your data would be gone if you did an uninstall.

JPG

LordEntrails
August 27th, 2020, 17:50
As Moon said, it was disallowed. Because there were a series of posts from users who deleted their data unintentionally during an uninstall and were not happy.

celestian
August 27th, 2020, 18:13
Windows registry - Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\SmiteWorks\Fan tasy Grounds - DataDir string value.

If you need to change the AppDir it's in Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\SmiteWorks\Fa ntasy Grounds

This got me what I needed. I did a search for Smiteworks and it didn't find it... not sure why.... maybe I fat fingered it.

Thanks, updated.