PDA

View Full Version : [CoC7E] Error when entering Base Skill of Weapon

coltrain5041
August 27th, 2020, 14:03
Hello,

I created a new Era and when I tried to create weapons for that era and put in Fighting (Brawl) as the Base Skill, I get the following error:

[ERROR] Script execution error: [string: "baseskill"]:9: attempt to index a nil value

Am I doing something wrong? I have fighting in the skill list and in the era I created, it has brawl underneath it as 15.

Update: There is no issue if I load up a pre-made module and edit the items included, just when I create new items.

Update 2: I am also seeing this error: [ERROR] Script execution error: [string "campaign/scripts/manager_char.lua"]:39: attempt to index a nil value

superteddy57
August 27th, 2020, 19:21
I believe more information or checking over your campaign might be needed. I followed the steps laid out and created a custom era and added Fighting and Brawl as a specialization. I didn't receive an error when adding it to a new custom weapon. Can you try a new campaign and see if it produces the same results. Also, make sure your ruleset is fully up to date as well.

coltrain5041
August 27th, 2020, 19:29
So I created a new campaign and had no issues. Not sure what caused the earlier problem but I am not running into it anymore.