PDA

View Full Version : Looking for players

Ksiel
April 30th, 2007, 03:56
Guys/Gals,

I am trying out a new style of gaming. It may not be new for some, but it is new for me. I am looking for 5-6 mature role players. You would need to have the ability to post in forums once every other day or so (I know there will be times there will be exceptions when you can’t post, but for the most part posting often is a must for this style of game).

First off, I will be using two mediums to run this game. The two mediums will be a forum dedicated to the game, and a program that recreates PnP style games for computers called Fantasy Grounds (FG). (www.fantasygrounds.com)

So if what I have said so far interests you please read below for more details.

Let’s review how the forums will work. This forum will be used to progress the plot of the game, develop characters, and get the pc’s to a place where a FG session can be set up. The forums will mostly be used for RPing with other pc’s and npc’s. So it is important to post fairly regularly. For example, if the group is going to a town to restock on supplies before they return to an ancient ruin they just found would be something rped out on the forums. I would give the description of the town, the shops, etc… you would post where you want to go and what you say to the merchants and we could haggle over the price, etc... Or you could simply say that your pc goes to the nearest temple and prays the entire time. Whatever, it is all up to you! The world will be completely dynamic.

Next are the FG sessions. These will be used to play out the action scenes. Since we all like a bit of action, this program allows for a very enjoyable method of playing this out. I had some PnP experience years ago, but this is the closest thing I have seen to it for a computer. So if you miss having an old PnP style game, this program is a good deal. If posting in the forum is regular, I would like to have a FG session once every 2-3 weeks.

Finally, a little background on the game I propose. It will be set in Forgotten Realms, and start off in and around Cormanthor. However, I do have plan for an epic quest of sorts, which will most likely take the group all over Faerun. We will start out simple, so all can get a handle on the forums and running FG (which I am still learning) and progress from there. Eventually I will have time sensitive events in game. What this means is you can go down any side avenue that you wish. However, if you don’t focus on some things that I throw at you then these objectives maybe accomplished by someone else. For example, the group is supposed to find an artifact, but they keep getting off on their own side quests. Well, I will have a certain day marked that if they don’t have it found by then, another group will have explored and found the artifact taking it to who ever hired them, etc… I am sure you get the idea.

So that is the short of it. If you would like to see more, please contact me by PM or by e-mail at [email protected] I will send you the address to the forums so you can read up and see the set up of the game, along with the preliminary story.

Thanks,
Ksiel

tahl_liadon
April 30th, 2007, 05:11
hit me up with details. excellent rp'er here. later.

Honduras
April 30th, 2007, 06:06
What interests me first is "when" the FG sessions will be played?

Ksiel
April 30th, 2007, 16:38
The "when" will be based mostly on when the group gets itself set up for another one using the boards. However, the best time for me is Mon - Thurs, 8:00 p.m. - 11:00 p.m. CST. Again, if we have a session only 2-3 weeks, I will be willing to work with the group to set up a time that all or most can make.

Ksiel