PDA

View Full Version : Character sheets not opening

momochakli
August 27th, 2020, 06:17
Hello

This is on a campaign that has been running for a while, and there have been no mods/extensions added since the last session. However, now when a player enters the game and clicks their character in the character selection window, the sheet doesn't open, the character disappears from character selection and the window closes, and they don't get their player icon in the top left. As DM, I can see their player icon and access all the PC sheets fine.

One of my players also runs a game I play in, and I've tried it with me logging in to their game, and i have the same problem. The character sheet doesn't open when clicked, there's no player icon, and when I re-open the character selection window the character isn't there to be selected.

We are all using the same version of Unity, updated today.

Has anyone seen this before? Is there a fix for it?

Thanks

LordEntrails
August 27th, 2020, 06:20
I haven't seen this, but since your campaign has been running for awhile, I wonder if you have been managing shared images and removing ones no longer needed? What is the process size of FG for your players? Is it close to 3MB?

Try unsharring images that are no longer needed, then have your players clear their cache before joining your game. See if that resolves the issue.

Trenloe
August 27th, 2020, 06:32
Moved to the Unity forum.

Imagix
August 27th, 2020, 06:38
Sounds close to what I'd experienced last weekend. Though in my case, the character may initially come up, but disappear a little while later.

Moon Wizard
August 27th, 2020, 16:15
I have found this issue can happen after you use the Return to Launcher option to return to the same campaign as a player. Try exiting out of FGU completely before starting a session, or connecting again to the same session.

Regards,
JPG

Imagix
August 27th, 2020, 16:17
gm -> player, or player -> player?

cboillot
September 2nd, 2020, 06:28
have your players clear their cache before joining your game. See if that resolves the issue.

I am the player in OPs game that was having issue. Clearing the cashe worked.

LordEntrails
September 2nd, 2020, 16:11
I am the player in OPs game that was having issue. Clearing the cashe worked.
Thanks for letting us know. Glad it worked :)