PDA

View Full Version : Maddening Hex Effect

TheMightyBeaves
August 25th, 2020, 22:07
I'm new to FG and I've been learning how to add effects and actions... but I'm having trouble figuring out how to implement this one

Maddening Hex

Prerequisite: 5th level, Hex spell or a warlock feature that curses
As a bonus action, you cause a psychic disturbance around the target cursed by your Hex spell or by a warlock feature of yours, such as Hexblade’s Curse and Sign of Ill Omen. When you do so, you deal psychic damage to the cursed target and each creature of your choice within 5 feet of it. The psychic damage equals your Charisma modifier (minimum of 1 damage). To use this invocation, you must be able to see the cursed target, and it must be within 30 feet of you.

TL;DN: Once my player uses Hex he deals his CHA modifier as damage to the target and each creature he chooses within 5ft of that target.

I have just made a spell that deals damage and he'd have to target each one. Is there a better way to do this?

Zacchaeus
August 25th, 2020, 22:22
No you are correct, A simple effect of DMG:[CHA] will suffice dragged onto each target.

TheMightyBeaves
August 25th, 2020, 22:25
No worries, thanks for the quick reply. I thought this would be it, but I know my player is going to ask, so I thought I would check to say that I have.