PDA

View Full Version : SFS 3-04 The Vast Experiment: Falling into Deliverance SUN August 30th @12.30 PM UTC

stephan_
August 25th, 2020, 12:08
Edit: Switched to Skitter Home.

Make sure to both apply here as well as in the game calendar (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=5351), stating which character you'd like to play.

Technical details:

We will use Fantasy Grounds Classic (I have an Ultimate license) and either Discord or Teamspeak (TBD).

Steps before the game:

If you apply, make sure you send me your previous chronicle sheet of the character you want to apply this chronicle to (if you already have any chronicle sheet) either here or on Discord (Fantasy Grounds channel). If it is your first SFS game, I'll at least need your Paizo Organized Play # and your faction.

If you haven't already, also make sure to either build the character on FG yourself (and send it to me) or log in early enough so you can do so on game day.

Make sure you have updated Fantasy Grounds.

FG alias and Teamspeak server can be found under GM announcements in the game calendar.

Other notes:

Also make sure to track your purchases on the Inventory Tracking Sheet.

Be sure to apply on time (if you can make it) as the last games were rather full.

In your own interest, make sure the party is somewhat balanced level-wise.

Some boilerplate clarifications:

Please apply on the FG forums on both the game calendar as well as in the game thread (if multiple household members are playing, one person per household is sufficient). First, it's easier to tell how many spots are already filled that way. Second, the other players (as well as the GM) know what level and class to expect from your character (if you don't know yet, simply state TBD). Third, you'll get notified about any updates if you post in the game thread (at least about the first one). Fourth, it allows the GM to determine who applied first should it become relevant. Some exceptions might apply.

Also, please be sure to check the thread for new messages occasionally. You don't have to check each and every day or every few hours but please make sure to reply to any posts that do concern you in time. Should you remain unresponsive, I'll give the spot to a player that applied after you (as I won't know whether you are still interested in participating or not). Exceptions might apply, e.g. if you state beforehand that you won't be able to respond due to traveling.

If you apply but don't show up or drop out during the game without notice, in future games I might also give preference to other players who have a better track record of showing up. I am aware though that life and technical problems can always happen, so don't worry if you have a valid reason though.

These rules are not in place to prevent players from playing but in fact to enable players willing to play to actually do so. It's frustrating if I have to turn down players if it turns out they would in fact have been able to play.

SchroedingersCat
August 25th, 2020, 13:08
I have to work on sunday so I won't be able to join.

Update: Work has been canceled so Makaresh is up again!

Malkavian_Andi
August 25th, 2020, 16:41
I'll be there. I'll look through my characters later to check which one to play.

Gorvai
August 25th, 2020, 19:16
Hey man I think I have time to play on Sunday if you have room for another player? I can play for about 4 hours or so usually on that Sunday before I have to get ready for work.

Also, how do I get the Organized play # and all of that? I've never done this before

stephan_
August 25th, 2020, 23:43
Only shortly as I'll have to get to sleep:

Sure, though be aware you'll need a pregen as it is level 5-8.

General information can be found in the SFS guide (https://paizo.com/products/btpy9vlp?Starfinder-Society-Roleplaying-Guild-Guide).

Organized Play # you can get here (https://paizo.com/organizedplay/myAccount).

Malkavian_Andi
August 25th, 2020, 23:44
You need to register a user account on Paizo's website (totally free, and they usually don't annoy you with emails).
Here's a link to set up an account and get an Organized Play # (https://paizo.com/organizedPlay/myAccount)

Also be aware that in SFS, player characters always start at 1st level and need to be leveled up in sanctioned scenarios. In scenarios for higher levels, you'd need to play a pregenerated character if you don't have a legal character in the scenario's level range. In this case (a scenario for levels 5-8), that's 8th level pregens.

stephan_
August 26th, 2020, 10:52
The other option (if all players agree) would be to switch over to Skitter Home, as that's a bit more new-player-friendly.

SchroedingersCat
August 26th, 2020, 11:14
I also would be fine with skitter home

Malkavian_Andi
August 26th, 2020, 15:42
I'd be fine with that, too.

Gorvai
August 26th, 2020, 16:25
I'm okay with whichever!

stephan_
August 26th, 2020, 20:06
In that case we'll switch to Skitter Home (it won't hurt to get that chronicle a bit earlier).

You'll have to double up on 1 (or possibly 2) pregens (https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1sHTkpgmVvLluo9xdUOrOCmDEVM_PFinn?us%20p=sharing).

Malkavian_Andi
August 27th, 2020, 01:44
I'm good with any of the pregens. I'll probably go ahead and take one the others don't want to play.

stephan_
August 28th, 2020, 07:57
Make sure you discuss who wants to take which pregen in case you need to get familiar with them.

stephan_
August 28th, 2020, 22:34
Specific SFS information for this session (there shouldn't be too many surprises however):

"All players who play the entire module receive the attached Chronicle
sheet, which can be applied to any 3rd- or 4th-level PC as if that
character had played the adventure. A GM who runs the adventure
can likewise apply credit to any one of their Starfinder Society PCs
of those levels. The decision of which character receives credit must
be made when the Chronicle sheet is received and signed by the GM.
Because Skitter Home is shorter than other Starfinder print
products, playing the adventure from beginning to end earns a
player 1 XP, 2 Fame, and 2 Reputation for any faction associated
with a faction boon the character selected to earn the Chronicle
sheet has. As always, each player can receive credit for each module
once as a player and once as a GM in either order."

"In Starfinder Society Organized Play, a player who plays a
pregenerated character that dies must still resolve the death and
recovery when applying the Chronicle sheet. This is also the case
for Skitter Crash; however, part of the fun of an all-skittermander
module is the opportunity to go to the extreme for the sake of
teamwork. To reflect the spirit of the module, at the end of the
adventure, any dead pregenerated skittermander characters can
recover from death completely for only 2 Fame."

Note that this adventure is a bit shorter than the usual SFS scenario and should not take the entire scheduled time to run.

stephan_
August 30th, 2020, 00:07
As Skitter Home seems fairly manageable, we could also start 30 minutes later (and should still be able to finish within 3 1/2 hours) but either way works for me.

stephan_
August 30th, 2020, 08:16
As people prefer to have extra time AFTER the game, we'll start on time as planned.

Malkavian_Andi
August 30th, 2020, 09:25
Have people decided on their pregens? I'll just go ahead and grab the mystic.

stephan_
August 30th, 2020, 10:12
I have not received any additional information.

Malkavian_Andi
August 30th, 2020, 10:42
That's ok. I have now built the mystic on FG and will import him at game time.

SchroedingersCat
August 30th, 2020, 11:03
Ok I will grab the Envoy

stephan_
August 30th, 2020, 13:39
The server is up (the website was previously down I believe).

stephan_
August 30th, 2020, 22:07
Chronicles sent (as far as the information was available).