PDA

View Full Version : Tasha's cauldron of everything

Granamere
August 24th, 2020, 19:14
When will it be coming to Fantasy Grounds? :)

Dax Doomslayer
August 24th, 2020, 19:18
This book definitely look pretty amazing. A pretty good article of what's in it at Nerdarchy: https://nerdarchy.com/tashas-cauldron-of-everything-has-well-everything-for-5e-dd/.

Also, reddit is accumulating tweets etc: https://www.reddit.com/r/dndnext/comments/ifsbtt/tashas_cauldron_of_everything_twitter/?utm_content=title&utm_medium=post_embed&utm_name=97e45e1ae36041fcb8bfd97e9f81f231&utm_source=embedly&utm_term=ifsbtt

LordEntrails
August 24th, 2020, 21:08
Every WotC product for ~ 5 years has been released on FG on the WPN pre-release date. Which is usually 10-14 days before places like Amazon get it. The WPN date is the days the FLGS's get it etc.

This should be available on FG on the WPN date.

RyuKato
August 25th, 2020, 00:52
Thanks Lord!

similarly
October 31st, 2020, 15:15
I wonder if there's an update ... maybe?

Zacchaeus
October 31st, 2020, 18:29
Yes, it will be coming to FG and yes it should release on the date it is released generally.

Cilestiel
November 11th, 2020, 03:54
Yes, it will be coming to FG and yes it should release on the date it is released generally.

Thank you for the information Zacchaeus

esmdev
November 11th, 2020, 04:39

Will it have automation to handle the racial changes found in the book?

Zacchaeus
November 11th, 2020, 09:04
Will it have automation to handle the racial changes found in the book?

Since it hasn't been published yet there's nothing that I can discuss publicly about it.

Granamere
November 11th, 2020, 15:41
Since it hasn't been published yet there's nothing that I can discuss publicly about it.

Evil! :) LOL

Darkrin
November 11th, 2020, 16:34

So where about in Scotland are you? so I can fly over and we can talk privately... :-D lol just kidding airfare may be cheaper right now but yeah I can wait a few days to see it for myself...

Zacchaeus
November 11th, 2020, 17:59
Sorry; there's no airports anywhere close to where I am :)

Granamere
November 11th, 2020, 18:23
There are tons of airports!

https://www.google.com/search?newwindow=1&tbs=lf:1,lf_ui:2&tbm=lcl&sxsrf=ALeKk03haB7uHs6qA1wy2bwMPtKSuFb42w:160511886 1996&q=scotland+airport&rflfq=1&num=10&ved=2ahUKEwieq93cjfvsAhXvtlkKHbmjA5MQtgN6BAgWEAc

I would grab an international flight to Manchester then take the train up. :) I love the Grey Horse in Manchester.

Zacchaeus
November 11th, 2020, 18:34
There are tons of airports!

https://www.google.com/search?newwindow=1&tbs=lf:1,lf_ui:2&tbm=lcl&sxsrf=ALeKk03haB7uHs6qA1wy2bwMPtKSuFb42w:160511886 1996&q=scotland+airport&rflfq=1&num=10&ved=2ahUKEwieq93cjfvsAhXvtlkKHbmjA5MQtgN6BAgWEAc

I would grab an international flight to Manchester then take the train up. :) I love the Grey Horse in Manchester.

You can only land proper planes on about four of those :)

LordEntrails
November 12th, 2020, 18:40
You can only land proper planes on about four of those :)
www.Properplane.com

quirkygamer
November 13th, 2020, 16:29
www.Properplane.com

Now that gave me a good laugh. Back to the original topic. Definitely looking forward to this coming out on......17 November.....?

Zacchaeus
November 13th, 2020, 16:30
Yes, it's the 17th.

pablomaz
November 14th, 2020, 14:16
Yes, it's the 17th.

It's usually available on Steam in the same day, right, Zacchaeus?

Zacchaeus
November 14th, 2020, 14:43
As far as I know, yes.

Milmoor
November 16th, 2020, 11:51
Will it be part of D&D essentials?

Zacchaeus
November 16th, 2020, 13:03
I suspect so since it's the same kind of thing as Volo and Mordenkainen etc

Kalorous
November 17th, 2020, 06:35
I see that it's included in the Essentials bundle here, but it hasn't been added to the Essentials bundle on Steam... yet?

vaughnlannister
November 17th, 2020, 08:10
@Zaccheus, are there new Character Portraits for PCs :D?

Zacchaeus
November 17th, 2020, 09:00
@Zaccheus, are there new Character Portraits for PCs :D?

Yes, there are nearly 40 new portraits in Tasha.

Romanus
November 17th, 2020, 10:24
I've noticed there's no listing for Tasha's in the Classes Menu, except for the sidekick classes (Expert, Spellcaster, Warrior). This is how my players and me get info about their subclasses.

I'm happy to be corrected if there is a better place to get that info.

EDIT: I forgot to load the Player's version of Tasha's.

Zacchaeus
November 17th, 2020, 10:26
I've noticed there's no listing for Tasha's in the Classes Menu, except for the sidekick classes (Expert, Spellcaster, Warrior). This is how my players and me get info about their subclasses.

I'm happy to be corrected if there is a better place to get that info.

All of the classes are in the player's module. See here for some videos to help you. https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?63715-Videos-for-Tasha&p=557113#post557113

And welcome to the forums.

ddavison
November 17th, 2020, 16:13
I see that it's included in the Essentials bundle here, but it hasn't been added to the Essentials bundle on Steam... yet?

It should be there now. Sorry for the delay.

darrenan
November 17th, 2020, 16:50
BUG: Clicking the expanded warlock spell list for The Fathomless brings up the expanded spell list for The Genie instead.

Lenderic
November 17th, 2020, 17:38
hello guys, I'm new to the forum and FG, I would like to know for those who already got Tasha's Cauldron of Everything (D&D 5e) if it is possible to customize the races with the rules of the book without creating homebrew, I tried here but I couldn't, just manually, such as readjusting the abilities values ​​of +2 and +1 for any race, replacing proficiencies and everything. For example, placing another bonus of +2 for strength and +1 for constitution for an elf ...
Thanks to anyone who can help.

Neovirtus
November 17th, 2020, 18:11
Lenderic, I don't see any way to implement that built in.

LordEntrails
November 17th, 2020, 18:29
hello guys, I'm new to the forum and FG, I would like to know for those who already got Tasha's Cauldron of Everything (D&D 5e) if it is possible to customize the races with the rules of the book without creating homebrew, I tried here but I couldn't, just manually, such as readjusting the abilities values ​​of +2 and +1 for any race, replacing proficiencies and everything. For example, placing another bonus of +2 for strength and +1 for constitution for an elf ...
You would need to make a copy of the race and make the change in that copy. You could keep that copy unique to the campaign you created it in, or you could do it in a "development" campaign and then export to a module.

Zacchaeus
November 17th, 2020, 22:19

I made some videos that might help with Tasha’s https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?63715-Videos-for-Tasha

For normal races like Dwarf etc I wouldn’t bother trying to automate it. Just drag the race in as normal or use the character wizard and then just change the stats to what you want.

Kalorous
November 18th, 2020, 04:04
Awesome, thanks. You guys do amazing work =D

Lenderic
November 18th, 2020, 15:42
Hi again guys i'm having trouble creating homebrew content for D&D 5e, could you help me create a race? My difficulty is in creating the attributes that would be something like this: "One ability score of your choice increases by 2, and one different ability score of your choice increase by 1." however when I try to do this the error. The idea is to create generic races following Tasha's rules ... Thank you in advance.
PS: I watched the videos up there, but I would really like to create something as I mentioned

Romanus
November 21st, 2020, 00:14
Vigilant Blessing for the Twilight Cleric is missing in FGU. It is in the "book" on FGU but not on the Class Specialization Features that you can actually drag and drop onto a Character Sheet.

Zacchaeus
November 21st, 2020, 00:46
Vigilant Blessing for the Twilight Cleric is missing in FGU. It is in the "book" on FGU but not on the Class Specialization Features that you can actually drag and drop onto a Character Sheet.
I think I already fixed that. See here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?53217-5E-Bug-reports-(2020)&p=557701&viewfull=1#post557701

Romanus
November 21st, 2020, 01:00
I'm still not seeing it there. Attaching an image to show where it should be and isn't for clarity's sake. And thanks for all the work you're doing. It is much appreciated. 41343

LordEntrails
November 21st, 2020, 01:19
I'm still not seeing it there. Attaching an image to show where it should be and isn't for clarity's sake. And thanks for all the work you're doing. It is much appreciated. 41343
Yes, it's been fixed, but it won't be available until next Tuesday's update. Sometime next Tuesday your Update button should turn red, when it does, and you are not just about to start a game, click the update button. Then check for the fix.

Romanus
November 21st, 2020, 02:22
Awesome! Thanks!

RyuKato
January 10th, 2021, 18:19
Any idea when the ability score increase feature will be fixed?

Zacchaeus
January 10th, 2021, 18:53
Which ability score increase feature isn't working? I have nothing on my fix list for Tasha.

RyuKato
January 10th, 2021, 19:18
In character creation Tasha's gives you the ability to choose what stats you can increase instead of being locking into them by race. Lenderic mentioned it a couple pages ago.

Zacchaeus
January 10th, 2021, 22:10
That can't be automated - well I suppose it could be but it hasn't been. You'll need to manually adjust the ability scores as and when needed. See the third video here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?63715-Videos-for-Tasha&p=557113#post557113

Odeatho
January 12th, 2021, 22:17
I own the physical copy of Tasha's. I'm looking at getting it on FG as well. I'm hoping to run the Reckless Steps puzzle. In the book there's a diagram that shows the puzzle, but the incorrect steps are highlighted in red, giving away the solution to the puzzle. Is there an image of this puzzle without the incorrect steps highlighted, so that you can run this puzzle for your players in FG? Thanks.

Zacchaeus
January 12th, 2021, 23:04
I own the physical copy of Tasha's. I'm looking at getting it on FG as well. I'm hoping to run the Reckless Steps puzzle. In the book there's a diagram that shows the puzzle, but the incorrect steps are highlighted in red, giving away the solution to the puzzle. Is there an image of this puzzle without the incorrect steps highlighted, so that you can run this puzzle for your players in FG? Thanks.

Yes, the player handout doesn't have the steps highlighted.

Odeatho
January 13th, 2021, 01:55

Thank you.

Odeatho
January 21st, 2021, 19:56

Hi. I'm having trouble finding the image in Fantasy Grounds. I've loaded the 2 Tasha's modules, but I'm not finding anything on the puzzles. Do you know where I can find them? Thanks.

EDIT: Sorry. I found it. Was looking for Reckless Steps, when it's called WordPuzzle.

Jassop
March 24th, 2021, 06:41
Hey,

Is there a reason that all the new new spells in Tasha's are listed as having different sources? Instead of being just "Sorcerer" they are split across "Sorcerer (New)" / "Sorcerer (optional)" / "Sorcerer (Tasha)". (Same for the other classes).

For me it makes it harder to see all the applicable spells when choosing, and you can already filter just from Tasha with the "Group" filter at the top.

Zacchaeus
March 24th, 2021, 09:58
Yes, it's so that it is obvious that they are completely optional.

And welcome to FG.

Jassop
March 24th, 2021, 10:14
OK, I kind of get that. But:
a) aren't the spells in Xanathar's / other sources also optional, but treated in the same list of "Sorcerer"? Seems inconsistent.
b) from a usability point of view if you are looking at "Sorcerer" and don't want them, you can see the module and filter them out consciously (or not load the module); but if you do want them and have separate lists you have to keep changing swapping.
c) I think approach really does not scale if used for future books - we'd have 15 lists of spells when we only want one.

My 2c anyway.

And thanks for the welcome! Been using FGC for about 6 months now and really liking it. And now our last party member has just got a 64-bit PC we're looking forward to moving to FGU - especially the dynamic lighting coming soon in 4.1!

Zacchaeus
March 24th, 2021, 10:50
The thing with Tasha is that everything is completely optional. The additional spells for say the Sorcerer are optional spells for that class. The additional spells in Xanathar and other sources are additional spells they aren't spells which have suddenly been Wizard only spells which can now be used by a Sorcerer. So I thought there needed to be some way to distinguish that. I could probably remove the (New) from the new spells but I'd need to look at why I did that and what impact that has on the character wizard.