PDA

View Full Version : Out of the Abyss - Velknvelve-Player-Map won't share - is gray

Daltin
August 24th, 2020, 10:23
FGU - Ultimate
D&D 5E
running two instances of FGU on same machine
16gb total mem,
DM using 1.3gb running 4k display,
client using 0.3gb mem running 1080 display
Can send Velkynvelve-Side-Player-Map just fine
Cannot send Velkynvelve-Player-Map. No mat is applied. Shows on player instance as gray box
Cleared cache and restarted, no luck.
loaded player handbook, DMG player, OOTA (not shared)
Same happens with Hook Horror Hunt - Combat Map, Oozing Temple combat map

I am beginning to wonder why I bought FGU with this gray map issue that users seem to be having. Is this something with the beta that is being investigated? If FGC doesn't have this issue I may need to stick with that and ask for a refund for FGU.

Zacchaeus
August 24th, 2020, 12:39
The maps have LoS set by default; so if you share a map initially then all the players will see is a gray map. Once you place the player tokens on the map and the players click on their tokens then they'll see the bits that they can see bounded by the LoS.

Daltin
August 24th, 2020, 15:10
Thank you for the tip, I will give that a try. How do you turn off LOS if you just want to mask?

LordEntrails
August 24th, 2020, 17:55
Thank you for the tip, I will give that a try. How do you turn off LOS if you just want to mask?
I can't find the instruction at the moment... But it should be on this page; https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/FGU/pages/950633/Working+with+Images+as+the+GM#LOS-Drawing-Mode

Note that to create and turn on/off the Mask see the section on that page about "Global LOS"

Trenloe
August 24th, 2020, 17:57
See "Enable Line of Sight" in the Play Mode section of the Wiki page on using images as a GM here: https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/FGU/pages/950633/Working+with+Images+as+the+GM

Daltin
August 24th, 2020, 20:33
k, this is great! I was worried with all of the comments about FGU and grey maps that I had a problem, but I didn't see any LOS comments. Now that I have experimented with LOS I LOVE it! Very glad I purchased FGU and started using FG again after a several years hiatus! Thanks so much for the help!