PDA

View Full Version : FGU: custom attack types for weapons?

tintagel
August 23rd, 2020, 16:13
I have a campaign where I would like to introduce a new projectile weapon, which would normally use Shooting as a skill, but I want to to use Occult or perhaps some other skill.

How would I go about doing this? As I understand it, the skill is automatically selected based on the weapon type.

I'm not against trying to modify XML files it writing an extension, though I don't know much about those. This may become a new category of weapons in the game, and I want players to feel like the are foreign.

A set of Eldritch weapons that use Occult or A Mech suit that uses Simulations as skills for attacks, instead of fighting, throwing, or shooting, for example. What if you wanted to drive a Mech and fight in a simulation but you were using a Gaming skill to make attacks instead?

You get the point. How do I add new types to the drop-down menu, and how do I designate the skill associated with them?

Doswelk
August 24th, 2020, 08:19
Watch this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FMdt9-enpno

:D

tintagel
August 24th, 2020, 19:30
WHAAA@!!?? It's that easy!?

Well that.... that's awesome. Thanks!!

tintagel
August 24th, 2020, 19:40
Ok, followup - can we specify a specialization? For example: Fighting: Swords versus Fighting: Unarmed?