PDA

View Full Version : Could the Pathfinder Adventure Card Game be possible on this platform?

ctcharger
August 23rd, 2020, 13:18
My high level view is that the host would have an Ultimate license and at least a core game from Paizo. Additional card packs would be available along with new core games. Any player that had a character pack could use it for any game they joined and all players could use cards that are owned by any player in the game. Automation wise I think just the basic deck tracking is needed, not trivial of course but well within FGUs capability. Perfect format for a weekly game night with deck building in-between and perfect for pick up games as the host could review each person's deck for legal cards for that adventure.

LordEntrails
August 23rd, 2020, 17:08
Yes, though sharing content does not currently work the way you would like. Currently players only can use their own content, they can not share it will other players, only the GM can share content with other players. I suspect that behavior is built into the core program and is not modifiable by the rulesets.

Granamere
August 23rd, 2020, 17:48
Maybe the players could save a MOD off of their deck and send the MOD to the DM to load?

superteddy57
August 23rd, 2020, 18:52
Along with Pathfinder ACG, I have setup and ran Glooomhaven very smoothly with FG. These were for personal use, but anything is possible. There were some slight issues where the GM/Host had to be on the honor system, but worked out great.

ctcharger
August 23rd, 2020, 21:37
wow, Gloomhaven too?!?! that's pretty cool. I have the early access on PC but for some reason, I would prefer the "physical" cards in FG. :confused: OK well the GM would have to pony up I guess but that's something!

How does one create their own? that's a LOT of cards!

superteddy57
August 23rd, 2020, 22:04
Well I scanned copies of all the cards into images and just loaded them up in modules and created "decks" (aka tables) with the images linked to the result. Used this great extension by Trenloe (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?23099-Basic-Card-Tables-Extensions&highlight=basic+card+extension). There are some great ideas in a TORG thread that can be done as well (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?38572-TORG-Eternity&p=508990&viewfull=1#post508990). Since I play it solo, I'm not really caring about the look of it as long as it plays nice. Since these are scanned images of the cards, can't really share the modules. Which honestly makes the 'ruleset' pretty lame, since it's just a shell. I then just scanned the map boards in as well and then created each adventure map. Since I've already played through it a few times, I wasn't worried about spoilers. The last thing I did was use CoreRPG's character sheet and set it up along with the NPC sheet. I could have used MoreCore, but thought it was overkill, but would add a bit more automation. Same process I used for Pathfinder ACG.

Edit - A note on additional players. You can set up hands by linking the image to the hotkey bar and the GM/Host won't be able to see it, but again honor system.