PDA

View Full Version : Theme graphic question.

Stv
August 22nd, 2020, 21:28
I've been working on an extension that as part of it's functionality will change the background frame in the Combat Tracker, namely the 'ctentrybox_foe.png' graphic.
When I use any of the standard themes everything fine, but if I use it with the 'D&D official theme' the graphics are all left shifted in the tracker.
As this is an encrypted theme, I can't look at it to figure out what is different.
Does anybody know what the graphic size & offset settings are for this graphic in that particular theme?

Cheers, Steve.

superteddy57
August 23rd, 2020, 01:11
ctentrybox_foe is 87,16,14,17

ctentrybox_foe_active is 87,16,14,17

Stv
August 23rd, 2020, 09:07
Thanks Superteddy.
Are the graphic dimensions the same as the standard theme also(545*137), as when I change the bounds to what you've posted I still get the same graphical glitch with the D&D theme.

Cheers, Steve.

Stv
August 23rd, 2020, 09:42
Here's a couple of pictures showing the difference I see between running the normal and the D&D official theme.

38741 38742

Cheers, Steve.

superteddy57
August 23rd, 2020, 18:46
Sorry Stv, took a day away from the computer. But to answer your question, it does looks like the width and height is different.

560x137 looks like the dimension for this theme.

Stv
August 23rd, 2020, 21:37
Thanks again for the answer, I'll pump those numbers in and give it a whirl.
I'll pop back here crying when It doesn't work :P

Cheers, Steve.

Stv
August 23rd, 2020, 21:52
Right, I think I have this sorted now so here's my thinking, correct me if I'm totally on the wrong track :)
The official D&D theme has a different border for the combat tracker, which takes up more real estate in the combat tracker window.
To combat this, the theme has been made with different graphics for the highlighting frames within the combat tracker and these have a much larger transparent leading left hand side which is what is making my graphics look wrong, as I based my new ones on the original frames from the base FG theme.
So if I make my new graphics have a longer transparent leading edge then they will work with the offical D&D theme.

If I am correct, it means I'll have to have 2 versions of the extension. One for 'standard' theme and one for the official D&D theme.

Hope I'm right :D

Cheers, Steve.

superteddy57
August 24th, 2020, 14:27
The D&D theme is different and has some transparency along the edges depending on the graphic. So your train of thought does hold water and may fix the issues with it.

Stv
August 24th, 2020, 20:01
I'll check it out this week, and post here if I'm right or not :P

Cheers, Steve.

Stv
August 26th, 2020, 22:13
Time's been a bit tight this week, but had a quick experiment tonight.
Changing the size of the transparent leading edge and using the bounds given seem to fix the issue.
Thanks for the info Superteddy :)

Cheers, Steve.

superteddy57
August 26th, 2020, 23:55
No problem. Happy theming!

Stv
August 31st, 2020, 12:20
I don't suppose I can get a copy of the entrybox graphics from the official theme? It would make my life so much easier :P

superteddy57
August 31st, 2020, 13:48
Unfortunately that is something I can't do.

Stv
August 31st, 2020, 18:27
Didn't think so, but had to ask :D

Cheers, Steve.

Stv
September 2nd, 2020, 20:35
OK, last cheeky question and then I'll give up ^^.
I'm trying to match the colours of the existing icons in the combat tracker (for reach, action etc).
It would be handy if you could tell me the colour and opacity of the existing icons. If not, looks like I'm in for a lifetime of trial and error ^^

Cheers, Steve.

superteddy57
September 2nd, 2020, 20:58
Can you give me an image of what you are looking for?

Stv
September 2nd, 2020, 21:09
Sure..
I could do with the base colour and opacity of the icons, before they have been displayed on a background. i.e. from the original graphic in the icons folder.
Trying to get the correct colour once it's displayed in FG provides skewed results.

Cheers, Steve.39014

superteddy57
September 2nd, 2020, 21:21
What I could gather from the images was the faded images all were on an opacity of 128. As for color its basically black (hex 000000)

Stv
September 2nd, 2020, 21:27
I'll give it a shot, thanks for looking superteddy.

Cheers, Steve.

Stv
September 2nd, 2020, 21:54
That's bang on the money superteddy. Thank you so much.

Cheers, Steve.