PDA

View Full Version : Can't clear player cache?

Killian Ivywolf
August 22nd, 2020, 18:42
Hey, so I recently switched from a desktop to a laptop to run my games, and while switching the computer I run games on was relatively painless, I now have an issue I can't solve. My fiance, who at times plays on her own laptop, is no longer receiving maps that I share, and she also has a different theme than I am using. I'm unsure if the rest of my players are having this issue, but I know she is. I tried to clear the cache, hoping that might solve something, but it won't let her clear it. It says path error in recursive delete and then gives me a file name. I followed the path to that file and the user settings under that campaign won't open at all. Help please?

Killian Ivywolf
August 22nd, 2020, 18:48
Well I solved my own issue moments after posting this lol I'm not sure what my problem was before. She is getting images now, which is good, but she still can't clear the cache. This time she also got a console message about her hotkeys not working, so I'm hoping clearing the cache will solve that as well.

LordEntrails
August 22nd, 2020, 20:10
Sounds like the FG folder structure doesn't have the correct permissions. Make sure the user has full control at all levels (recursive).

Killian Ivywolf
August 23rd, 2020, 00:30
Well I tried clearing it again and it worked without issue. Not sure what I was doing wrong before, but it worked this time. Thanks anyway for the response, much appreciated.