PDA

View Full Version : Hid in ct, but not map?

arcanjl
August 21st, 2020, 19:07
Is there a way to hide a NPC on the tracker, and still keep it on the map, so when they see it with LOS it shows up? It's just that the CT kinda lets them all know whats coming.

kevininrussia
August 21st, 2020, 19:11
I wish. I asked about this some time ago. It's a pain in the A$$ checking what's visible by the players and turning on and off the little eye on CT. Hopefully that's a feature they will be able to add after release.

Moon Wizard
August 21st, 2020, 19:34
It's something that has been requested by a couple people, but not very often. I think it's an interesting idea; but it requires some work to figure out how to get it working and how to represent that state in the CT for the GM to view/manage. Might be something we pick up later. You can also submit to wish list in my sig (make sure to search first to vote up if already there).

Regards,
JPG

kevininrussia
August 21st, 2020, 19:45
I think its something that will come up more as people start moving over to Unity. Currently LOS knows when a token is visible or not if you have visibility set to on in the CT. Seems if LOS knows if the token is visible or not, that could trigger the CT to turn on or off the visibility of the token.

arcanjl
August 21st, 2020, 20:02
I agree it will come up more.
What I have been doing? Adding a lot more monsters to the CT, so now they know some are just fluff. I do have to hit next actor a lot though

LordEntrails
August 21st, 2020, 21:24
I could imagine 4 visibility states in the CT. Though this would still have issues;
Invisible, Visible, LOS sensitive, Mask Sensitive.

Of course, that is then coupled with the complexity of the token visibility on the map itself. Might be easier if their was only one place to control visibility for CT tokens.

Anyway, such changes would need a thorough functionality review before working the code.

arcanjl
August 21st, 2020, 21:31
Great idea! and yeah, understood :)

kevininrussia
August 21st, 2020, 21:49
The tokens are already LOS sensitive and Mask Sensitive. I dont get why this seems to be such a big issue when I am turning the token on and off manually and that isnt breaking anything. Just trigger the visibility on the CT when LOS and Mask triggers the token on or off. It can be an option in the Options section if people dont want that functionality.

kevininrussia
August 21st, 2020, 22:50
Is there a way to hide a NPC on the tracker, and still keep it on the map, so when they see it with LOS it shows up? It's just that the CT kinda lets them all know whats coming.

Created my first Wish List item on this topic. Upvote it! :-D

https://fg2app.idea.informer.com/proj/fg2app?ia=134336

sstarsslayer
August 24th, 2020, 07:24

Are you setting the "Mask Sensitive Visibility" option for each enemy token on the map? That will allow players to reveal tokens by using LOS, even if they are hidden on the CT. They see one and don't see the other nine around the corner. No spoilers. They can even target and attack the tokens while they are still hidden on the CT, in case you want to take your time unhiding in the CT.
This will not auto unhide the map-revealed tokens in the CT, which is maybe what you are asking for but I wasn't sure.

arcanjl
August 24th, 2020, 13:39
Ummm, no, that sounds perfect. How do you do that. I have looked everywhere. The token itself only gives me to options, invisible, and visible.

kevininrussia
August 24th, 2020, 14:29
Right click on the NPC token, select Visibility then Mask Sensitive Visibility.

https://i.imgur.com/hJD6Dfu.png

Would be nice to have an option to Mask Sensitive Visibility on all NPC's on the map.

arcanjl
August 24th, 2020, 14:40
OK! Cool!
Just incase someone else reads this, make sure:
1) LOS Mask is ON
2) Make sure the NPC is NOT visible in the CT.
:)
Thank you!

bmos
August 24th, 2020, 18:40
Would be nice to have an option to Mask Sensitive Visibility on all NPC's on the map.Yes, or even an option to have them default to this!

kevininrussia
August 24th, 2020, 19:29
Yes, or even an option to have them default to this!

Add it to the wish list and I will upvote it! :-)

Or I could modify my related wish list item

https://fg2app.idea.informer.com/proj/fg2app?ia=134336

sstarsslayer
August 24th, 2020, 19:36
Ummm, no, that sounds perfect.
Oh, good. It doesn't save the mask-sensitive setting on the tokens if you do it in advance and close the program. Other than that, it's perfect and I use it for most encounters.

bmos
August 24th, 2020, 20:54
Add it to the wish list and I will upvote it! :-)

Or I could modify my related wish list item

https://fg2app.idea.informer.com/proj/fg2app?ia=134336I voted for your suggestion :)
That being said, this workaround is great (other than apparently losing the choice when you close the program)

kevininrussia
August 24th, 2020, 21:03
I voted for your suggestion :)
That being said, this workaround is great (other than apparently losing the choice when you close the program)

I agree the workaround is great.

To take it to the next level, it needs to automatically turn on visibility on the CT and needs to have option to have Mask Sensitive Visibility as a default option as you suggested :-)