PDA

View Full Version : LFG - DCC, oD&D, LotFP, Mothership or other interesting games

IronWolf AK
August 20th, 2020, 23:09
FG License : Ultimate (Unity)
Time Zone: GMT -9 (Alaska time zone, one hour behind Pacific time in the USA)
Days: Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Saturday
Term: Long or Short
Voice: Yes
Game Systems: DCC, LotFP, Mothership, or potentially anything aside from 5e or Pathfinder
Experience: 30+ years
FG Experience: Used FG during a recent on-line convention, but otherwise new to the system
Preferred character: Willing to play anything really, if group is in need of specific class that's fine, I can have fun playing any type of character
Preferred Language: English
About me: I've been playing RPGs since the 1980s. I currently play in a campaign on another VTT but I have a subscription to FG that I'd like to use. I'm open to playing most anything besides 5e or Pathfinder (nothing personal, they just don't interest me very much). I prefer OSR type systems but I've also played Lancer, Zweihander, and lots of other games. I love RPGs of all sorts so if you're looking for a player maybe I'm the right one for you. My goal when playing is to have fun, team work and making sure that everybody feels like they're able to participate. I don't talk politics, religion or anything else that can cause problems. I'm here to leave all those things behind and have a good time.

Ethanos
August 31st, 2020, 19:48
Hey, three questions --
1. Are you looking for players, a game master, or both.
2. I share the same role-playing ideals you have -- no religion, politics, or any other hot topics besides how to stop Cthulhu or kill Strahd. BUT -- I'm 14 (almost 15) and am unsure of whether or not you'd be interested in playing with someone who isn't near your age (basing off of the fact that you've been playing since 1980s)
3. If you haven't said no or some negative response to either of those previous questions, are you open to Call of Cthulhu 7th edition (a game set in the real world, but in the 1920s and '30s in the Cthulhu Mythos of HP Lovecraft). It is pretty simple and easy to learn (considering I taught my entire D&D club to play it b/c they had no clue what they were doing in Fifth Edition D&D).
If you said yes to all those (well, just didn't say "none" to the first), I could run a game for you + some other people (though I wouldn't mind not being a game master). Also, if you could be a gamemaster, I wouldn't mind learning a different game.
Just reply in this thread or private message me if you're interested.
- Ethan
P.S. I'm available pretty much any day past 4:30 PM, though I prefer weekdays as I'd have to miss the meetings once per month due to a BSA outing.