PDA

View Full Version : Locking up like... something that locks up.

Rhubarb
April 28th, 2007, 19:52
So. Downloaded the new FG. Got it all installed, updated. And the pretty new main screen pops up. So pretty.

Unfortunately, that's as far as I get. Everything grinds to a halt with no error message. I've let the window sit for an hour with nothing.

So, I uninstalled and re-installed and re-updated. I've checked for backround programs. Turned off the firewall and virus scanners. Same thing. Totally locks up. And so I've written a haiku to help me cope with the frustration.

New shiny buttons;
Click click I want to click them.
Window etched in stone.

richvalle
April 28th, 2007, 21:40
Heh nice.

Is it stopping on the initial FG page or after you start up in local or host mode?

If the first page, your DPI might be set to high... a common issue so far with FGII. Other posts about it you need help.

I had this on a system.. the X box at the top right had a + in it and looked weird.

rv

Rhubarb
May 1st, 2007, 20:27
It locks up on the initial page, yes.

With the host, join or create character options and the neat new picture.

I don't know how I would go about changing the DPI, what with it locking up before I can get to the options.

Griogre
May 1st, 2007, 20:35
You change the DPI on the monitor before starting FG. It is a windows setting. Right click on the desktop and see what your DPI is. It is probably in an advanced monitor tab but I don't know what OS you have. If you mention this someone will probably be able to give you better instructions on how to change it.

richvalle
May 1st, 2007, 21:26
Right click on desktop, left click on properitys, left click on settings, left click on advanced. DPI setting on that page.

rv