PDA

View Full Version : Resource name question

Stv
August 20th, 2020, 19:48
Just a quickie :)

When an npc character sheet is in edit mode what is the resource name of the text entry boxes (the ones with the nice border around them), I can't figure out what they are called so I can implement a new text entry box.

Cheers, Steve.

superteddy57
August 20th, 2020, 20:05
If you are referring to the template used, then most cases they are string_column and string_columnh. The difference is the one that ends in h will hide if no data is contained in the box.

Stv
August 20th, 2020, 20:09
Awesome, just what I needed.

Thank you :)

Stv
August 20th, 2020, 21:02
Is there a reference document that shows what attributes a string_column has ?

Cheers, Steve.

superteddy57
August 20th, 2020, 21:24
No, expanded CoreRPG templates are not in the refdoc and that is why I keep CoreRPG unpacked to search for various templates that are available. The refdoc will contain information on the base elements.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/refdoc/stringcontrol.xcp

Stv
August 20th, 2020, 21:26
That explains my lack of search success, I had no idea it was not a 'base' Fantasygrounds template :)
Great pointer superteddy :)

Cheers, Steve.

superteddy57
August 20th, 2020, 21:34
Great guideline is if it's not named in the refdoc, it's an expanded template in the ruleset. Start with CoreRPG and move onto the layered ruleset.

Stv
August 20th, 2020, 21:40
That is something I'll bear in mind from now on, it may stop my incessant idiot questions :)

Cheers, Steve.

Stv
August 20th, 2020, 22:38
Ignore the previous post, idiot question incoming :)

Is there an existing template for a single line textbox? i.e. one that doesn't create a 2nd line if the enter key is pressed while in text entry.

Cheers, Steve.

superteddy57
August 20th, 2020, 22:49
This is where the fun bit comes in. When you see a template that you like and want to change it see how it's originally set up.

<template name="string_column">
<basicstring>
<anchored>
<top parent="columnanchor" anchor="bottom" relation="relative" offset="7" />
<left offset="97" />
<right offset="-5" />
</anchored>
<multilinespacing>20</multilinespacing>
</basicstring>
</template>

This is where you get to tinker with it. Try copying this template and then creating a new template and calling it something unique. Then I would start by removing the <multilinespacing> tag. This may remove the ability of it to to a return and continue with a single line of text.

Stv
August 20th, 2020, 22:56
I shall go and play :)

Thanks again superteddy.

Cheers, Steve.